Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMO Expansion Launch Are You Playing Tomorrow? | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWhich MMO Expansion Launch Are You Playing Tomorrow? | MMORPG.com

June 1st marks a day of MMO releases this week, with two of the major games in the genre, World of Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls Online, both releasing expansions into the wild. Which one are you planning on playing if you are at all?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited May 2021
    Neither....

I haven't messed with WoW Classic since I dove in for some nostalgia, which was really fun for a few weeks.

This will be the first ESO expansion I missed and don't plan on bothering with it at all. Every "expansion" lately resembles what they used to release as DLC. Zenimax has neglected its servers and bugs that have been in the game since release, yet they always make sure the cash shop is fine tuned and updated regularly. I think I've had enough of this one.
    borghive49AbimorYashaXNecromaSamhael
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    None of them. Kinda tired of fantasy MMO's to be honest. There are way too few sci-fi titles out there.
    FTrunks21KyleranMcSleaz[Deleted User]JHLotB
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    ESO, as their expansions consistently add value to the game without diminishing the value of what came before. Each also provides plenty for me to do from one to the next.
    mmolouValentinaborghive49GinazMcSleazNecromaAgent_JosephKarminathevampbcbully
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Bleakwood. If only they would do expansion with their clunky combat system....
    Viper482FTrunks21
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Blackwood, mainly for the story and companions, i play the game as a single player game, the combat keeps me away from its MMO elements as I feel its clunky.
    GinazFTrunks21

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Shadowbringers
    FTrunks21Neoyoshi
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    More of the same old,grind new gear,new levels,new zones all they are doing is just reskinning the same old and reselling it.Adding companions is not good ,not even remotely because if i want the best companion design of any game i'd play FFXI,geesh even FFXI private servers have better companion systems and ThaT is sad.
    Wow doesn't have anything no housing no QOL or companions,it offers instances,dailies like Amateur game design 101.

Blizzard period never catches my eye,i know exactly what to expect from their lazy teams.

I will take a look at ESO and see if it offers me anything but sadly this does not so i doubt they will ever put in the work the game needs to entice me,not at this stage anyhow.

Now all these studios with aged games are doing is just grinding money out of people.

Hluill

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• theGnadetheGnade Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Neither.

TBC I already played and I am not going to grind again levels that I already did. Especially I am not interested in expansion that isn't even for main game. That is like some private server getting expansion, so no thank you!

In ESO there is no point because I already have BiS gear. If I was to play it for story/quests then I'd rather choose single player game. Quests in MMORPG are boring and without point of doing endgame content I see no reason to play it.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Burning Crusade, probably the best expansion to an mmorpg, with only WotLK and Shadowfell Conspiracy as competition. Why would I not want to play the best content for one of the best mmorpgs before it was destroyed by Ghost whatever his name is and catering to small children? People with discerning taste play quality content.
    GinazJimmydean
  • NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I am actually hyped for companions in ESO, as well as the enhanced console version even though this got postponed by a week.
    Sovrath
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    None, having fun with SWTOR.
    Hluill

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Neither too into SWG:L, WoW Retail Raiding and ME:LE, next anything for me will be 9.1.

Played far too much BC and Wrath back when it was live and have zero desire to return, actually negative desire.

The only thing with ESO is the combat is so weak, which is a fundamental foundation of an mmorpg, has to be that way for consoles i guess but! the companion system sounds like a lot of fun, semi interest there but not enough for a return.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Ill be playing SOLO cbt2 tomorrow.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited May 2021
    Neither tbh. I'm finishing my business in WAR(RoR to be exact). Still next to no idea what to do with the Dwarfs.

Maybe I give another chance to ESO in the future. Maybe.
    Nebless said:
    None, having fun with SWTOR.
    Hell, I finished my business there. Was an awesome experience, but it's sadly over now.

TwistedSister77
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Its just funny how big developers dont just bite the short-term bullet and make new mmorpgs when the re-release of a 15 year old expansion is big news. Crowdfunded mmorpgs aren't a threat at all once people realize that mmorpgs live or die on their post-launch plans and monetization. EA could easily make a Dragon Age/Mass Effect mmorpg that would make a huge dent on the scene given how little real competition there is atm. Hell, I bet Capcom's shutdown Dragon's Dogma mmorpg would do well atm.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    ESO
    Agent_Joseph
  • zachdayzachday Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Lol measuring up a new expansion with a rehashed expansion from over a decade ago. ?
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    im probably one of the few people alive that never played tbc, so going to try it out.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    zachday said:
    Lol measuring up a new expansion with a rehashed expansion from over a decade ago. ?

What does the age of an expansion have to do with who wants to play it? Someone that wants to play Burning Crusade won't toss it aside because Bleakwood is newer.
    SovrathIselin
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Well until a few days ago it would have been ESO now I'm playing swg and Edo can wait
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Albatroes said:

Its just funny how big developers dont just bite the short-term bullet and make new mmorpgs when the re-release of a 15 year old expansion is big news. Crowdfunded mmorpgs aren't a threat at all once people realize that mmorpgs live or die on their post-launch plans and monetization. EA could easily make a Dragon Age/Mass Effect mmorpg that would make a huge dent on the scene given how little real competition there is atm. Hell, I bet Capcom's shutdown Dragon's Dogma mmorpg would do well atm.

Oh no! They shut down Dragon's Dogma? I was hoping they'd bring it here. Oh well ...
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Neither, playing sc 2 ane kingdom come deliverance
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Playing Hardcore Permadeath Dungeons and Dragons Online right now.

If you want to know what real fear of death is, this will show you, the higher you go, the more scary the game becomes.. Permadeath, for those that are not chicken shits.
    Sarlablamo2000[Deleted User]CryomatrixSkerlynHluill[Deleted User][Deleted User]TwistedSister77
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Another neither. Having a great time with Solasta currently so no reason to play anything else ATM. I probably will get around to ESO again at some point in the future but not now.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.