Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wash your hands during beta SoLo and earn a panda mount

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

The Beta Event

Welcome to our very first event in Swords of Legends Online.

In this event you have a chance to stay healthy, be a role model and earn yourself cool rewards at the same time. The start coincides with the launch of our first beta on 21st May and ends together with the second beta on 8th June – but what’s it all about?

WASH YOUR HANDS!

During the beta phases, you’ll find a series of Clean Wash Basins in the world of Swords of Legends Online. Keep your heroes’ hands clean, and you’ll receive the Guardian of Health buff, which reduces your incoming damage in PvE by 5%.

Wash those hands on three separate days, and you’ll receive an Anti-Epidemic Stamp each time. The three stamps can be combined to unlock a special avatar and avatar frame.

MASKED PANDA

All players who unlock the avatar and frame will also get a special cuddly and responsible mount on game release: the Masked Panda!

And those rewards from the beta phase will of course remain accessible on release.

https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/swords_of_legends_online/news/046342ee-5dce-4fc1-b4a3-6fe4952f8f22

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ughhh,  that's terrible
    RungarGdemamiRexKushmanTuor7ChildoftheShadowsTokkenSandmanjw
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Nothing says fun like your very own pandemic reference to ride into adventure.
    RexKushmanTuor7Scot
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Washing your hands doesn't even help that much against COVID.  Don't get me wrong:  you should wash your hands regularly, as it provides a lot more protection against a lot of other diseases than it does against COVID.  But you should have washed your hands regularly two years ago, and should still do so after the pandemic ends.  COVID didn't really change that, as it's far more likely to be transmitted through the air than a lot of other diseases.

And then simple cloth masks don't help that much against COVID, either.  Being outdoors, on the other hand, makes a huge difference, especially in the sunlight, and far more so than masks and hand washing added together.  So the picture accidentally showed a behavior that protects you from COVID more than either of the two things that they specifically pointed out.  Or two behaviors if there's no one else nearby, as you can't catch COVID when there's no one else around to catch it from.

That looks much like a parody event, but it's not April 1.
    [Deleted User]AmarantharChildoftheShadowsSandmanjwMustikos
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Torval said:
    Uh oh, the Qtroll snowflakes are going to melt over this. Haha, it's hilarious.

"Q" the anti-covid experts and their pseudo virology knowlege in 3... 2... 1...

Or maybe people should stop being offended so easily and earn a free mount for what amounts to nothing.
    Yeah honestly I think that the mount would be a good reminder 10 years from now about what we went through AND a reminder of who was there for us,

[Deleted User]GdemamiTuor7Scot

Quizzical said:
    you can't catch COVID when there's no one else around to catch it from.

This isn't correct. Though airborne, Covid settles on surfaces and can live for a good amount of time on some of them. One can be infected in an area the contaminating individuals have already departed as the area itself may still be contaminated.
    GdemamiBig.Daddy.Samedi[Deleted User]ChampieMustikos
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:

Or maybe people should stop being offended so easily and earn a free mount for what amounts to nothing.

dont care about any of that shit at all ..

My problem is it looks like its wearing a fucking diaper on its face .. Its terrible
    [Deleted User]Tuor7ChildoftheShadowsSandmanjwChampieMustikos
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited May 2021
    They should give out raccoon mount instead of panda , cause  raccon was know to wash they hands

AmarantharSandmanjwChampieMustikos
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    [Deleted User]Tuor7AmarantharChildoftheShadowsChampieMustikosmoshra
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Oh dear can't say I am a fan.
    Champie

• Rhiow-DarkstepRhiow-Darkstep Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I guess when the servers are empty, they'll just say it's social distancing :)
    ScorchienQuizzical[Deleted User]Tuor7AmarantharTokkenSandmanjwChampieMustikos
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:

dont care about any of that shit at all ..

My problem is it looks like its wearing a fucking diaper on its face .. Its terrible

It looks somewhat better than a ventilator mask and the related collection of tubes I expect.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Putting aside that the game looks like frozen dog sh!t, this is a pretty ironic promo considering where this pandemic started. 
    Tuor7ChildoftheShadowsDibdabsChampieMustikos

Quizzical said:

This isn't correct. Though airborne, Covid settles on surfaces and can live for a good amount of time on some of them. One can be infected in an area the contaminating individuals have already departed as the area itself may still be contaminated.
    Fine then.  That's technically possible but extremely rare.
    It occurs to me that the more absurd thing about this is that the panda is the one wearing the mask.  COVID doesn't infect pandas.  It's a human disease.

Yes, yes, a fictional game could have some other fictional disease that affects pandas, and such that cloth masks are highly effective at preventing the disease.  But it would be dumb to create a fictional disease whose only meaning in the game is that a certain panda mount wears masks.
    GdemamiChampieMustikos
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Quizzical said:
    It occurs to me that the more absurd thing about this is that the panda is the one wearing the mask.  COVID doesn't infect pandas.  It's a human disease.

Yes, yes, a fictional game could have some other fictional disease that affects pandas, and such that cloth masks are highly effective at preventing the disease.  But it would be dumb to create a fictional disease whose only meaning in the game is that a certain panda mount wears masks.
    IT is not just a human disease.... there are many animals that can and have gotten it. a novel virus is one that can just from animals to humans.... 
    [Deleted User]Tuor7Mustikos

Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:

Fine then.  That's technically possible but extremely rare.

I suspect the rarity of the occurrence doesn't matter much to those afflicted in that manner. It was warned about prominently and frequently, so may have not been all that extreme in rarity either. It's not rare enough, at any rate.
    GdemamiSandmanjwChampie
    Quizzical said:

It make sense, from the perspective on wanting the mask prominently displayed. It is more about symbology anyway, not depicting realistic mask use.
    RexKushmanChampie
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Torval said:

Do you have a background in Microbiology? I do, and I can tell one of the first things you learn is the difference between viruses and bacteria. It's about scaling. Think of bacteria as a grapefruit, and a virus as a grape. Viruses are far too small to be stopped using these masks we are using (the Wuhan virus is only 80-140nm in size). Even an N95 will only stop approximately 5% of viruses which is useless. It's like throwing sand at a chain linked fence. 

Any Doctor or Health Care Professional who says otherwise is being paid or played. The masks DO NOTHING to protect against ANY virus on Earth. Also, why is Q even mentioned here?
    AmarantharIselin[Deleted User]ChampieMustikosTuor7

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Well, at least it's not PtW. 
    Champie

Once upon a time....

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2021
    Cecropia said:
    Torval said:

Do you have a background in Microbiology? I do, and I can tell one of the first things you learn is the difference between viruses and bacteria. It's about scaling. Think of bacteria as a grapefruit, and a virus as a grape. Viruses are far too small to be stopped using these masks we are using (the Wuhan virus is only 80-140nm in size). Even an N95 will only stop approximately 5% of viruses which is useless. It's like throwing sand at a chain linked fence. 

Any Doctor or Health Care Professional who says otherwise is being paid or played. The masks DO NOTHING to protect against ANY virus on Earth. Also, why is Q even mentioned here?
    If you actually do have a background in microbiology you should then know that the main purpose of the masks is not to protect yourself but rather to protect others from the droplets that you exhale or spew out when you talk, cough or sneeze, which could contain a large bolus of macroscopic particles with a concentration of the microscopic virus particles if you're infected which could then be deposited on surfaces and create an environmental infection where the virus can remain viable briefly.

Even the common surgical masks, which are worn by the doctors and nurses in the OR to minimize the risk of infecting the patient - not the other way around - will stop the virus containing gross droplets.

It isn't about protecting yourself (although it does some of that as well as it minimizes the risk of you touching an infected surface and then touching the skin around your mouth and nose) its about protecting others and the environment in public places from you.
    GdemamiSovrathCryomatrixChampieMustikosTuor7
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Games need to get rid of this riding side saddle nonsense. 

The mask is ridiculous.  
    Dibdabs[Deleted User]ChampieTuor7
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    iixviiiix said:
    They should give out raccoon mount instead of panda , cause  raccon was know to wash they hands

Ya, with their tongue  :p

even more gross  :#
    Champie
    Iselin said:
    Cecropia said:
    Torval said:

If you actually do have a background in microbiology you should then know that the main purpose of the masks is not to protect yourself but rather to protect others from the droplets that you exhale or spew out when you talk, cough or sneeze, which could contain a large bolus of macroscopic particles with a concentration of the microscopic virus particles if you're infected which could then be deposited on surfaces and create an environmental infection where the virus can remain viable briefly.

Even the common surgical masks, which are worn by the doctors and nurses in the OR to minimize the risk of infecting the patient - not the other way around - will stop the virus containing gross droplets.

It isn't about protecting yourself (although it does some of that as well as it minimizes the risk of you touching an infected surface and then touching the skin around your mouth and nose) its about protecting others and the environment in public places from you.
    The masks that everyone are wearing only protect against bacterial infection and bodily splash or spray. That's it, that is all they are designed for. They in no way protect against any virus. In fact, the act of just wearing one of these masks is only giving an environment for the virus to survive for a short time directly in range of your main airway of breathing. 

Everything you said is false. You have been misled and lied to by those who should have had our best interests at heart.
    IselinAmarantharGdemamiChampieMustikosTuor7

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2021
    Who to believe? Random internet guy or the CDC, WHO, etc?

I know! I'll go with the chief cheeto recommendations and just stock up on anti malaria drugs because the CDC and WHO are ignorant and corrupt liars but the cheeto and random internet guys are not.

Stick to games guys. You suck at everything else.

PS: Once upon a time I was a medical lab tech and yes, microbiology was part of my training. I worked in the Immunohematology department of the largest hospital in Vancouver for a few years. And yes, I wear masks.

You do you though, Karen.
    SandmanjwGdemamiScot[Deleted User][Deleted User]Champie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Who to believe? Random internet guy or the CDC, WHO, etc?

I know! I'll go with the chief cheeto recommendations and just stock up on anti malaria drugs because the CDC and WHO are ignorant and corrupt liars but the cheeto and random internet guys are not.

Stick to games guys. You suck at everything else.

PS: Once upon a time I was a medical lab tech and yes, microbiology was part of my training. I worked in the Immunohematology department of the largest hospital in Vancouver for a few years. And yes, I wear masks.

You do you though, Karen.
    The CDC and WHO are compromised, this should be common knowledge at this point. They are bought and paid for by the CCP. These types of masks have no effective defense against any Virus, Ken.
    IselinAmarantharDibdabsChampieTuor7

This discussion has been closed.