Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profane Shows Off Character Customization Progress In New Twitter Thread | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageProfane Shows Off Character Customization Progress In New Twitter Thread | MMORPG.com

Profane, an upcoming sandbox MMORPG, took to Twitter today to showcase some of the progress made on character customization.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wow, look at that day night cycle innovation...mind blown.
    Champie
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Why dont games jusy allow you to input your own face into the creation or some other face off the internet? 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    ummm the best part was the music in second video.

I can stick some decals on my players face!!!! nice.

You need more than a light source to spruce of the environment.
    on a positive note the water sound was good,maybe we can turn off the video and just listen to rain sounds.
    Good luck with your game y__ w___ n___ I_
    Champie

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Open world...player driven...insert every other over used under developed catch phrase here, queue the hype train, wait on the "discord community" to show up here, white armor gleaming in the afternoon sun, to explain how this game is different than all the rest *yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn* sure bud, sure it is.

Finally, launch all the exact same discussions, ad hominin attacks included, by all the usual suspects and it's another day at MMOPRPG.com.

Does this hobby seem...stagnant to anyone else?
    IllvrMouloxtos85SarlaChampie

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Ryzom, a sandbox MMO released in 2004, has a day/night cycle, 4 distinct seasons with differences in the landscape for each season, and weather effects.

The NPC's move around based on the weather, and some resources are only available in certain seasons, in certain weather, and only in the day or at night.

Hatefull

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Why dont games jusy allow you to input your own face into the creation or some other face off the internet? 
    HAHAHAHA

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited May 2021
    I've not heard a word about this project before.... - not at all a bad thing considering the ones we do hear so-much about. had a quick look at the website, not much in any way of details, but this stod out to me (UNfortunately) "open PVP, full loot MMORPG", that's pretty much a hard NO right there. Nothing but a recipe for griefers/gankers. Plus lists friendly fire and healing buffing of enemies, so WOW, yup be all kinds of griefing goin on there, that's just an signed invitation.
    HatefullGdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

olepi said:

Ryzom, a sandbox MMO released in 2004, has a day/night cycle, 4 distinct seasons with differences in the landscape for each season, and weather effects.

The NPC's move around based on the weather, and some resources are only available in certain seasons, in certain weather, and only in the day or at night.

Ryzom was and is a game way ahead of its time.
    Gdemami

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.