Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dreamworld Situation Is Looking Like a Mess | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageThe Dreamworld Situation Is Looking Like a Mess | MMORPG.com

Remember Dreamworld? It was the Kickstarter which promised, "the endgame, it's every genre, every game, every style, all wrapped into one." It looks like a lot of things have gone down in the intervening time.

Read the full story here

Gdemami

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited May 2021
    Perfect thumbnail for this lol. Hate to say this, and it may sound rude but I guess they F'd around found out this is the wrong industry to try and pull this **** and not be called out for it. They may very well have wanted to create a game, but they went about promoting it all wrong, that and they obviously should know better which leads me to think it's a scam.
    xpsyncDhamon99Gdemami
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2021
    Crowd funding websites need more scrutiny on what they have for offer, I think I am right in saying these lemons had a "recommended" sticker or something from KS but it was then taken down? As soon as anyone here heard about it we were all saying "this is barking". It did not take some gaming development genius to work that out.
    xpsyncKyleran[Deleted User]YashaXDhamon99MabushiiGdemamiFlharfh
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Almost all Kickstarter MMO's are a scam.

Yes yes, SC included!

In before "NOT TRUE!!!"

Well .. prove me wrong.
    GdemamiFlharfh

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2021
    IceAge said:

Yes yes, SC included!

In before "NOT TRUE!!!"

Well .. prove me wrong.
    Define scam...

This one likely is but have to understand what the framework is for discussing others

ScotMabushiiGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And yet $65K were raised by this scam. Gamers are very easy marks apparently even when the scam is so obvious.
    KyleranYashaXMabushiiGdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:
    And yet $65K were raised by this scam. Gamers are very easy marks apparently even when the scam is so obvious.
    Still too many people out there who believe

xpsyncRemyVorender

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited May 2021
    ive infiltrated the dreamworld discord
    the people in there are strange
    they speak the owo language
    theres this guy trash talking it rn and these brainwashed drones are defending it
    i was expecting a lot of ppl to call them out on the scam but theres a lot of ppl dreaming in there
    ShutaraTillerSabbythGdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    yonpachi said:
    theres this guy trash talking it rn and these brainwashed drones are defending it
    i was expecting a lot of ppl to call them out on the scam but theres a lot of ppl dreaming in there
    They can 100% take advantage of gaming sites hesitant to call out the scam and the cultists who get a feeling of belonging and being part of the inner circle who will bash anyone who is critical.

Even with all the shit that COE has done and gone through there are still one or 2 morons promoting it as if it were a legit MMO in development. Dreamworld is no different.

There is no bar too low for those who just need to belong to something - anything - to crawl under.
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

yonpachi said:

i was expecting a lot of ppl to call them out on the scam but
    theres a lot of ppl dreaming in there

we have that on this forum so why its a suprise?
    KyleranShutaraHuntSPMCTacticalZombehMabushii
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191

yonpachi said:

i was expecting a lot of ppl to call them out on the scam but

theres a lot of ppl dreaming in there

we have that on this forum so why its a suprise?

most people here don't speak the owo language, so i was surprised there
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Ya looks like a garbage game. Can't believe it even made 65k. People trying to compare this to star citizen definitely need a reality check. BTW SC just made like another 10 mill in a week :) Its also free week with a recent update if you disbelievers still wanna talk shit.
    KyleranGdemami
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Kyleran said:

IceAge said:

Yes yes, SC included!

In before "NOT TRUE!!!"

Well .. prove me wrong.

Define scam...

This one likely is but have to understand what the framework is for discussing others

Asking money for a product with X features, where in the end, the said product is not even released, or released but with far, far...far less features than what was promised at the time of ..asking money for the product ( via Kickstarter or alike ).

Both of the above = scam , even if a product is (somehow) finally released, if it has far less features than what was promised is .. still a scam.

BruceYeeGdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I think their sneaky cleverness was promising only an alpha for the donated money.  
    Slapshot1188KyleranGdemami

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited May 2021
    Ya looks like a garbage game. Can't believe it even made 65k. People trying to compare this to star citizen definitely need a reality check. BTW SC just made like another 10 mill in a week :) Its also free week with a recent update if you disbelievers still wanna talk shit.

merpmerp...Star Citizen continues to Star Star Citizen...deal with it
                                        /
                                       /

Guess what.....

maskedweasel
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    I'm sorry, but whoever visited the actual Kickstarter page and looked at the absolute garbage screenshots and information provided, they're fools, and they deserve to have their money taken. Seriously. Idiots need to be parted with their cash asap. Maybe they'll learn something.
    maskedweaselYashaXGdemami
    I like to complain about games.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Ridrith said:
    I'm sorry, but whoever visited the actual Kickstarter page and looked at the absolute garbage screenshots and information provided, they're fools, and they deserve to have their money taken. Seriously. Idiots need to be parted with their cash asap. Maybe they'll learn something.
    No.  They just move to the next "game" to donate to.   It's already happened quite a few times.  
    KyleranGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• fulger_xfulger_x Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited May 2021

Iselin said:

I mean, let's be real, gamers aren't the smartest in the bunch and tend to be pretty dumb/uneducated. Very gullible/credulous.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Didn't they just put out an Alpha?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited May 2021
    I think the term "scam" really requires individual in-depth look at the project, because "unmet development goals" are not always fueled with bad intentions to make some easy money. Of course, probably 8 out of 10 they turn out to be anyway.
    Sometimes it's obvious for the most people, like with Dreamworld, but there were also blatant examples, that time has to take it's toll (and people's money) to show us how things are.
    *wink wink Caspian*
    Gdemami
  • HuntSPMCHuntSPMC Member UncommonPosts: 36
    "A fool and his money," yadda yadda, you guys know the rest.
    maskedweasel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    I don't share kira's last point of view.
    I feel in case of jeremy his intent was to hope to get an investor but he was just so inept that never happened.

In the case of the two jokers i fully believe they were out to scam people and never intended on delivering a real game that We as consumers would consider a plausible game.IDC what THEY call an Alpha game or what KS'r might agree to ,i care about what consumers call a game.

I also called out Kickstarter for having so little if any regulations or monitoring of these scams.I even believe KS'r often KNOWS these are likely scams but doesn't care because it just wants it's cut so basically a partner in crime.

As to the Y combinator ordeal that part had me baffled but later i found out they had some inside connection to scam even Y Combinator.

Mr/Walsh is imo just an idiot but these two asshats are a joke,imo true scammers.IMO KS'r should be called out by more people and investigaed for supplying a platform to scam people of their money.
    Shutara

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I have to wonder if the two behind this didn't throw that Kickstarter thing together as a joke, never really expecting there would be enough people stupid enough to donate money into it. That, or they looked at all the other BS Kickstarter gaming campaigns that actually get funded, and figured they'd give it a shot too, as clearly there's a lot of morons in the gaming community with money they don't know what to do with.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

A nice little video with reveal of the Alpha..lol.I think these two guys are going to disappear and i expect some legal action might be incoming.IDC if their wording of delivering only an Alpha meets KS'r legal terms it doesn't meet mine or anyone else's because imo they were knowingly trying to deceive the public to get money from naive people.

YashaX

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Well it's a "$10,000 I can make mmo" what do you expect?
    [Deleted User]Gdemami