Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Review In Progress - Bumpy Landing | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageElite Dangerous: Odyssey Review In Progress - Bumpy Landing | MMORPG.com

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey released on PC last week and we've been trying to explore planets and stations in a whole new way. However, the operative word there is 'trying.'

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 16,083
    Stay away from new content until its really ready, that's the era of gaming we now live in. Odyssey should not have been released in this state.
    tzervoGdemami
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 9,012
    Still, this is why Elite Dangerous is one of the best MMO on the market.
    No other game has that kind of scale.
    GdemamiLackingMMO
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 11700k (5.10ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus ELITE AX - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Sure, it is expanding in every direction, but are players going to leave if they don't see the game progressing at this pace? I just can't see why there is such a rush.
    Gdemami
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 566

Scot said:

Sure, it is expanding in every direction, but are players going to leave if they don't see the game progressing at this pace? I just can't see why there is such a rush.

Its the best space mmo we got though.. Probably the only one that will be around for a very long time. Doing what other games in development only talk about. I think the rush is to get things in and working to show how its done! :-)
    Jean-Luc_Picard
    edited May 27

Scot said:

Its the best space mmo we got though.. Probably the only one that will be around for a very long time. Doing what other games in development only talk about. I think the rush is to get things in and working to show how its done! :-)
    I just don't see why they can't polish for a couple of extra months and have a better Odyssey launch, there is no other game like ED. Are they worried Star Citizen might launch in five years time or something? :)