Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak's Games Are Heading To The 4Game Platform Per EG7 Investor Report | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageDaybreak's Games Are Heading To The 4Game Platform Per EG7 Investor Report | MMORPG.com

Enad Global 7, the Swedish firm who acquired MMO publiusher Daybreak Game Company last year, hosted its Q1 Investor presentation, and things seem to be looking good for EG7 following the acquisition. One big bit of news to come out of the report, however, is the fact that EG7 is looking to bring Daybreak's MMOs to the 4Game platform, which EG7 owns thanks to its acquisition of Innova.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    what I always wanted, one more launcher...
    Mendelelfdragon21KyleranachesomaGdemamiSailorMom

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    what I always wanted, one more launcher...

At least this seems to be another competitor for Steam.  But, yea.  Another launcher.

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• JDexterJDexter Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I don't mind another launcher as long as it doesn't run on startup. I despise everything wanting to be run on startup.
    QuizzicalachesomaTacticalZombehfoppoteeSailorMom
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Lovely, a launcher for games that Daybreak has in maintenance mode.

Is Daybrwak ever going to create something? All they've done is acquire games and put them on maintenance mode
    Gdemami
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited May 2021
    Lovely, a launcher for games that Daybreak has in maintenance mode.

Is Daybrwak ever going to create something? All they've done is acquire games and put them on maintenance mode
    I am grateful for that maintenance mode because the games I enjoy playing are still there for me to play. If not for their willingness to keep them up I would have lost those games. People don't value games that they enjoy playing enough and then moan when games are shut down. I intend to support the company keeping the game I play alive by subbing and buying expansions I am not concerned about new products just keep the games I like up please and continue to do that please. You have my thanks.

A new TLE is coming to Everquest live. I am currently playing Everquest 2 while waiting for the server to launch. Might be a bit crowded in the beginning so there is a second server being launched at the same time.
    Post edited by kitarad on
    Po_ggGdemamicheyane

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was falling asleep so only half assed watch the beginning of that video.

It looked to me sort of laughable.It appeared like some presentation to coerce investors by showing the positive % profit gains,key item is the >>% sign.

So what it looked like to me is they created a graph by taking the quarter they invested "outgoing money"buying up studios and charted a graph showing the peak % profit gain during a quarter when they are only earning profits.

If they really wanted to share this information they could simply give out certified taxation papers signed by a certified accounting firm.
    It just looks nicer to present it this way and manipulate the numbers to show lots of positive gains.

IMO just more BS from the business side of things.

We are seeing more and more launchers,it gives the studios a nice way to remind us of their other games and any advertising they want us to see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    4game lol. That's the. 50 cent bin in the dollar store kind of dive. Sometimes death of a game is more honorable than bei g hosted out of 4games
    GorweTuor7
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Maybe someone can invent a super launcher. So we can put all our launchers into one place.
    Gdemamistrawhat0981
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

achesoma said:

Maybe someone can invent a super launcher. So we can put all our launchers into one place.

GOG Galaxy does that.
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]Gorwe
  • dabtappdabtapp Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Does this mean these games will be playable both trough Steam and 4Play? Or will they move from Steam to 4Play? Most these games have skins that are being traded trough the Steam Marketplace. That would be suicide right?
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Do I remember correctly that they have some new game based off of the Alien franchise being released later this year?
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited May 2021
    Nobody noticed that during the presentation, that they are making a new triple A MMO, and one of the greatest brands in the world.

At the 11:30 mark.