Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online's Next Season 'House United' Live On PC | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageStar Trek Online's Next Season 'House United' Live On PC | MMORPG.com

House United is the next season for Star Trek Online and it's live now on PC. If you're playing on PS4 or Xbox One, you'll have to wait till August 3 to check out the content for yourself. What's new in this update?

Read the full story here

Comments

• bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited May 25
    I tried getting into STO last year (huge star trek fan)... but i couldnt figure out all the individual systems.. was really overwhelming,, so i stopped :(
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,744
    Was it recently, or more in the past? (early or late 2020 I mean)

Not long ago they did quite some changes within the game (changes, or streamlining, based on personal preferences :) ) to the traits, the gear, and with admitted focus on the initial leveling process especially.
    Systems enter at different ranks and levels now, there are more tutorial missions around them, etc.

Though most of those happened before last year... but they did some revamps last year too, mainly for klingons (streamlined story, etc.)
    Maybe give a try for that side, in a sense that's the "most recent" new player experience the game can offer, with that revamp they even did a klingon leveling drive earlier this year.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 386

bgzgamer said:

I tried getting into STO last year (huge star trek fan)... but i couldnt figure out all the individual systems.. was really overwhelming,, so i stopped :(

It's a very old & deep system so at the beginning & if brand new I'm sure it can be overwhelming. I'd suggest give it another try though since you're such a huge ST fan. Just take it mission by mission, take it slow, & no need to rush yourself. Currently Cryptic is finishing up with a Klingon storyline arc in STO. The game has too much gambling mechanics anymore, but STO can be enjoyed as completely free too.

Po_gg said:

Was it recently, or more in the past? (early or late 2020 I mean)

Not long ago they did quite some changes within the game (changes, or streamlining, based on personal preferences :) ) to the traits, the gear, and with admitted focus on the initial leveling process especially.
    Systems enter at different ranks and levels now, there are more tutorial missions around them, etc.

Though most of those happened before last year... but they did some revamps last year too, mainly for klingons (streamlined story, etc.)
    Maybe give a try for that side, in a sense that's the "most recent" new player experience the game can offer, with that revamp they even did a klingon leveling drive earlier this year.

Timing can make or break a lot in STO since Cryptic likes their "exclusives" & then if you miss out & you want you have to pay an absurd amount. Unfortunately there's no recruitment event currently in STO & Cryptic decides when those happen unfortunately instead of allowing a player choose 1 to activate.
    Po_gg