Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Final Fantasy Spin-Off Reportedly Could Be Announced At E3 2021 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

image New Final Fantasy Spin-Off Reportedly Could Be Announced At E3 2021 | MMORPG.com

A new rumor sprang up over the weekend, giving credence to the idea that a new Final Fantasy game could be revealed during Square Enix's showcase at E3 2021 next month.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited May 2021

" The original rumor also stated that it was "inspired by [Jedi:] Fallen Order, "

loved Jedi fallen order
    but

J R P G

please!
    Remali
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Hit n miss in the history of the franchise but i rather see a new creative title than continually hiding behind the FF logo.

They kind of already rehashed very similar ideas from game to game so i can't see them creating any new kind of combat system so then it ends up being a reskinned same old.

I can't even say i have any requests from old ideas because i want it to be brand new.

No sense even speculating because what is done is done so we get what they offer us or turn it down.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited May 2021
    When I heard that Koei Tecmo and Square were collaborating, I got super excited at the prospect of a Final Fantasy/Dissidia Warriors. They are my guilty pleasure, and every time I have ever asked a Warriors fan community what they want to see, Final Fantasy always tops the comments. Always.

Then I find out it is the literal polar opposite, a Souls-like, and I just get so disappointed, as I really hate the genre. However, I did like the more accessible Jedi Fallen Order well enough, and if this is more like that, then I may find something to like here. 

But damn. I hope this collab at least gets Koei/Omega Force talking about also getting the Dissidia Musou ball rolling. There's a niche community that is very hungry for it, and I could easily see it selling in the range of 3 million units (comparable to Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity numbers).
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    Ok seeing it is a ps5 game i assume this began like all the other trashy rushed games to sell on the new consoles.The mention of being possibly a PC game down the road is just saying n tongue n cheek that if it is received well they might do it,in otherwords if they see the $$$ then sure.

The team behind Nioh..Dissidia.So if i could guess based on how the industry has been delivering games of late,it will just be a reskinned engine of the Dissidia game.

PS5 exclusive to start is why this was likely a rushed idea to get it out for the PS5.

I wouldn't expect too much from this,i am actually expecting very little.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,139
    edited May 2021
    The rumor mill might be true, certain leakers (claim) that we are getting a Final Fantasy Musou game.

Musou for those who are unfamiliar with the genre term, are Hack & Slash stage games where you fight hordes of enemies, usually with flashy combo's.

Think Dynasty Warriors.
    IceAge

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
    Neoyoshi said:
    The rumor mill might be true, certain leakers (claim) that we are getting a Final Fantasy Musou game.

Musou for those who are unfamiliar with the genre term, are Hack & Slash stage games where you fight hordes of enemies, usually with flashy combo's.

Think Dynasty Warriors.
    I'd like to see those leaks. The only rumors I've heard deconfirmed the FF Musou and leaked the Souls like mentioned here.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    No it Nioh-like right that is what I read.

remnar said:
    Every FF game is new, with similar monsters, classes, NPC's and other small things. A spin off? I don' think so. They'd be better off giving it a new title. Could it be inspired from FInal Fantasy games? Sure, but please don't do a spin off.

What I'd rather see is a new FF game that is the best FF game ever, taking from what worked in the past, and leaving out what didn't.
    Umm, FF has done spinoffs for a long ass time. FF Dissidia, FF Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus, etc. They have damn near as many spinoff as they have mainline games.

If anything, I would argue that numbering the MMOs as mainline games is asinine and baffling.