Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there an MMO Similar to vanilla WoW worth getting into in 2021 ?

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Po_gg said:
    As much as I love to bash have a good discussion ( B) ) about the stupidness of forced scaling (not just in One Tamriel), it's kinda off-topic here.
    OP said ESO's control scheme ain't fit the bill for what is sought, so its forced scaling doesn't even matter.

I believe I'd add Rift onto the list, very similar to Wow, and a solid game on its own. Worth getting into in 2021 could be up for debate... but if you look from the other way around (even moreso if you don't trust gamigo and their announcements regarding Rift), it's more like: get into Rift in 2021, since who knows if you'll be able to do that in 2022 :)

But not too off topic to raise anyway, eh? The old I'm not going to mention it by mentioning trick. Anyway...

Rift used to be alright but by the end Trion couldn't even maintain what was in the game, and under Gamigo it is worse than then. Still their f2p mode may still be fairly decent if it wasn't changed all that much by the new owners and it is certainly more similar to WoW than ESO is.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    OP give ESO another chance.

Playing it at the lower levels for about 2-3 hours does not give you enough time to get into its systems. There are just so many ways to play this game that as a new player Im almost certain you can find something you like to do as a new player. Im unsure of what you look for in MMO games but in ESO you can do almost anything you can think of. 

If I were you, I would play until at least level 50. ESO has a lot to offer.

For instance, my tank/healer hybrid Templar is also a master blacksmith/enchanter and I make a good amount of gold from that. 

There's also alchemy, jewel crafting, and Provisioning to name a few. Crafting in ESO is second to none in my opinion. Everything feels important.   

There is also the Justice system for people that like to steal things. Yes, that is a viable way to play the game. As in you can get XP, items, and gold from it. There is an entire questline and skill tree dedicated to being a thief if that's your thing. 

Yeah, I would play until at least level 50. Dont worry about builds and PVP stuff yet, just make the character you want to play and enjoy the journey! The story content alone is enough to keep you busy for a while.

Notice I didn't mention anything about Cyrodiil metas and all that jazz... it's not needed to enjoy the game..actually, that stuff can become a headache fast with all the different skills and synergies and stuff.

My advice, don't rush, do things as you come into contact with them, and enjoy the journey. It's not a race!
    Iselin
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Remali said:
    FF14 is similar to wow i believe and alot of ppl prefer it
    Ff14 us not similar to wow classic in the least.  FF14s quests are brainless, endgame is somewhat difficult towards the end except it's not, you just have to actually pay attention for once so it seems difficult.  
    Yo, this dude is asking for a new mmo that is similar to wow classic not lotro or ff14 or aoc LOL.  New he says, not as old as wotlk.  New. Ywfms
    Oh and BTW, thr answer is sadly no.  Not one MMO has even come close since wow classic my friend.  If they are even remotely close they are either p2w, no dev support so many cheaters, or not existent. 
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    edited May 2021
    ILLISET said:
    Remali said:
    Ff14 us not similar to wow classic in the least.  FF14s quests are brainless, endgame is somewhat difficult towards the end except it's not, you just have to actually pay attention for once so it seems difficult.  
    Are they not both tab-targeting, story-led, class-based MMORPGs?

There are some similarities there.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    ILLISET said:
    Remali said:
    You just described FFXIV using the exact same words as I would have said about WOW.

Po_gg

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon