Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ascent Hands-On Preview: Diablo With Guns | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageThe Ascent Hands-On Preview: Diablo With Guns | MMORPG.com

Jason checks out The Ascent, an Isometric action shooter with RPG elements. As he puts it: Diablo with guns!

Read the full story here

Comments

• SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    may have to give this one a go... recently been playing inquisitor martyr.. just pained by the super long loading times on xb1
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's definitely on my radar but I'll wait until after launch to measure it up.
    RemyVorenderTacticalZombeh
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Looks fun! I was just complaining that it seems harder and harder to find co-op multiplayer games that aren't PvP "co-op" and BAM here's one. Not an MMO, but at least something I can play with a few friends.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited May 2021
    sschrupp said:
    Looks fun! I was just complaining that it seems harder and harder to find co-op multiplayer games that aren't PvP "co-op" and BAM here's one. Not an MMO, but at least something I can play with a few friends.
    MMOs, Diablo-likes, looters, and Musuo games are just about the only co op multiplayer games left to us these days.

And they all have one thing in common - the grind loop.
    Lark3m
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    so long as it doesn't become a loot management simulator...
  • Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Don't forget, it will be on Xbox Game Pass on Day 1!

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    indentured corporate slavery, so Amazon clearly hasn't been broken up in the future...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Torval said:
    It's on my Steam wishlist. I may also subscribe back to Game Pass at some point and try it out when it comes to PC. I've been following this one from a distance for a while now. It looks interesting and is so refreshing to see a more classic style ARPG that isn't fantasy based.
    Even traditional high fantasy ARPGs would be refreshing. Anything that isn't grimdark fantasy specifically would be refreshing.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Don't forget, it will be on Xbox Game Pass on Day 1!
    Right but does that include the PC Gamepass on Day 1?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Ooh that looks fun! I love gritty scifi!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    A bit of Shadowrun vibes here.
    [Deleted User]

• TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45

sschrupp said:

That's the problem, without PVP or something competitive this type of games (Looter shooters, A RPG, hack and slash) mostly die.
    Some examples
    Godfall
    Outriders
    Wolcen
    Marvel's Avengers

Still alive game
    Destiny
    The Division
    POE (PVP is dead but at least it has something competitive)

For single player or Co-op to play it and forget it in 2 months is fine. Nothing more
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Diablo with guns..not even close

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    looks really good. wishlist baby!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!