Greetings MMORPG Forums,
Back again with an Ashes of Creation Update, mostly in text style since I know that's what you prefer.
- It is worth noting the letter does have some new character models. Gone are the days of Magey McButterface. The new models have decent looking faces and better looking hair. That might be worth clicking on the letter just to scan through the pictures.
- The pièce de résistance is the Alpha 1 Roadmap. This is the first time that a roadmap has been given. Yes, the NDA drop is delayed by 6 months which seems like a long time. Not going to justify that either way.
- The letter also links you to the stuff they pushed out this quarter and to a video that the Lazy Peon did which has generated 1.8M views on YouTube. Congrats to the Lazy Peon on that one.
- If you haven't been keeping track of Intrepid's development they did get a little delayed when they upgraded from Unreal 4.23 to 4.25. That generate da lot of bugs and set them back by about a month (give or take). They have continued to push forward with development, but the working from home situation is a real fact in San Diego.
- Their staff number is now above 90, the exact number is unknown. They no longer publicly post their entire staff, but they just finished hiring 20 of 24 positions in the latest hiring cycle.
For the people just hearing about Ashes, join the official Discord and learn more about this game.
For the people who already know about Ashes and are passionate, Alpha 1 is coming. Its a little late, but its coming. I will note, they will make their Fall 2020 date (barely, but they make it)
For the people who already know about Ashes and are skeptical - Stay Skeptical. I don't expect a single letter to change your mind. Stay skeptical keep Intrepid Honest. Keep me from becoming a shill. There are still many things that need to be addressed and corrected.
Hopefully that text update satisfies the majority of you. If you are looking for something a little more Op-Ed I invite you to check out: