Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: Resident Evil Village Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNot So MMO: Resident Evil Village Review | MMORPG.com

Resident Evil Village is a fun reminder of what Resident Evil used to be. Fighting off Lycans and exploring the Village captivated me in a way that I haven't felt in Resident Evil for a long time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    I'll admit, that doll thing got me.....fk dolls. 'Lady' was a let down to me, or maybe it was just all the hype surrounding her originally that didn't help.
    speedylegs8
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    no native 3rd person killed it , there is a mod tho
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    My favourite thing from this game is the cosplayer over on IG that did Dimitrescu and nailed it so hard.
    foxgirl said:
    My favourite thing from this game is the cosplayer over on IG that did Dimitrescu and nailed it so hard.

Yeah, kind of dont remember people cosplaying this hard over a character since 2B?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    On my wish list, but no way this will get fitted in before next year.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    When did Resident Evil go from Science to magic?
    SovrathScot
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Horusra said:
    Aliens and Dinosaurs next up. :)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2021
    As good as this game looks I still think RE2 Remake was the highest point in the series.

I'll certainly get this game at some point since i have the collection physically, but just like RE7, not being a traditional RE does throw me off big time.
    [Deleted User]

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I've been playing a ton of horror games lately with my girlfriend as she watches. She gets so scared by them but can't take her eyes off it.

We loved Resident Evil 7, and this one looks really good too. Going to pick it up soon.
    Sovrath

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Chaserz said:

hmmm I'll wait til the ACG review.

Though I'll still buy it as I always make it point to make up my own mind. Reviews just inform me of possible issues or things I should take into consideration while playing.
    AlbatroesrojoArcueid
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,140

Horusra said:

Mutations. The whole series has been about science and mutations, mutations can cast a very wide net in the word of science fiction and often mimics things that appear to be magical, but it's not, it's just abilities formed via mutations

Think more along the lines of comicbook superpowers caused by evolving mutations or scientific experiments and it becomes easier to swallow what we can see in the Resident Evil Universe.

I've played through Village 3 times now, and there is some wiggle room for suspending disbelief, but all in all, it still goes back to certain types of mutations.
    Sovrath

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Scot said:

Is this the one that is like $75 on Steam or am I thinking of something else?
    edited May 2021
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

hmmm I'll wait til the ACG review.

Though I'll still buy it as I always make it point to make up my own mind. Reviews just inform me of possible issues or things I should take into consideration while playing.

ACG is my man. Ever since the unfortunate passing of TotalBiscuit, he's been my go to.
    edited May 2021
    Scot said:

Is this the one that is like $75 on Steam or am I thinking of something else?

Tbf Steam is always 'overpriced.' You can usually find new releases on GMG or Fanatical for a 10-20% discount by just signing up to their newsletter or some garbage (PITA for some, but eh, they're trusted). Or just use thereanydeal if you feel like fishing for some deals.