Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

becoming very impressed(new video update)

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited March 2021 in Ashes of Creation
Being a skeptic of everything, I must say, im impressed. Miles ahead of Pantheon.
March 28th 2021

Here watch this:

AsheramTokken[Deleted User]UngoodYashaXSovrath

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Textures look kinda rough for a newer game; some no better than GW2.
    ILLISET
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Being a skeptic of everything, I must say, im impressed. Miles ahead of Pantheon.
    March 28th 2021

Here watch this:

Not impressed at all. graphics are already a bit outdated, game should be approaching public last beta by now. There is no proper structure for the base game yet, so as I see it, there is no game at all yet. It might release in 2-3 more years... but yeah.... no one will be impressed by then. Yawn. 
    ILLISET

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    March 28th 2021

Glad you found something you liked, @delete5230.   Doesn't look bad, for yet another "talking heads" video.

Ungood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited March 2021
    I recently watched a video on this game by Lazy Peon (link below) and it looks like the game is going to have some nice features. Its probably not going to be my dream game, but from whatever is on the horizon, this looks the most as an MMORPG. I think I will give it a shot once it launches. 

If the game turns out to be what's in this vid, it will be a huge success... unfortunately I saw this vid before the devs vid in the OP post... and my expectations were popped.

Can I also make a suggestion to devs doing rare updates with live gameplay footage.  Practice together, do a dry run, of what you will stream.  That was terrible to watch.  You're supposed to be promoting the game, not hanging out with friends goofing off almost clueless.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    For what it's worth, and it's not saying much, but I also think that this is the most promising of all the crowdfunded MMOs currently in development. Especially since they started several years after the other ones.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Ungoodlaserit
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Yo, these graphics look great.  Yall are tripping and I am a pretty hard critic.  With that being said, there are plenty of things to be upset about with this game.  

Does anyone know of a combo system?  Also, what the net code ends up being like will be huge for a pvp based game.  BDOs net code was trash which is why that game sucks.  Also thr p2w aspect.  I'm sure AoC will have P2W as well. 
    SoybeanUngood
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2021
    I recently watched a video on this game by Lazy Peon (link below) and it looks like the game is going to have some nice features. Its probably not going to be my dream game, but from whatever is on the horizon, this looks the most as an MMORPG. I think I will give it a shot once it launches. 

I don't like their player housing implementation because it seems instead of big houses and plots being available to anyone, it will be fought over, held and horded by the ultra elite power guilds and players on each server. Even though It looks like nothing is permanent, it will be held in the end by the top players at all times.

Lets face it, no developer has ever been able to get player housing right since SWG. Yes I remember people bitching about urban sprawl in Galaxies, but come on the planet maps were so freaking huge and empty it worked fine. Yes there were some bugs, but it was mostly due to the shitty SWG engine; not the concept.

Nothing beats finding that conveniently placed stranger's home to run and hide in while your rerolled noob ass was being chased by that unrelenting pack of Diseased Womp Rats you happened into as you traversed the wilds; only to meet a cool Armorsmith chick from Germany who hooked you up with some better gear to make it back to civilization. You made a new friend and got a story out of it.

Unless you needed your house on a particular spot, there was plenty of open wasteland to plant your flag.  City rights were even traded and sold as people moved their guilds from planet to planet. Pretty much it was guaranteed if you wanted to live in a city, or set one up all you had to do was ask around. I remember my guild buying a city spot on Naboo about 1500m away for Theed for 20mil (which was easy to  come by for anyone).

I imagine with good optimization and a good game engine on newer tech this could be implemented almost perfectly and a lot less buggy.

Instead housing in this game will be nothing but a zerg fest. You get a template mailed to you when it's destroyed...really? I bet after 2 times most people will just give up on having that big house.

Not that this is the all defining mechanic for me when it comes to this game, but it feels like they made it competitive just as a gap fill, rather than a useful feature everyone can enjoy if they want.

Asm0deusSoybeanUngood
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Tiller said:

I don't like their player housing implementation because it seems instead of big houses and plots being available to anyone, it will be fought over, held and horded by the ultra elite power guilds and players on each server. Even though It looks like nothing is permanent, it will be held in the end by the top players at all times.

Lets face it, no developer has ever been able to get player housing right since SWG. Yes I remember people bitching about urban sprawl in Galaxies, but come on the planet maps were so freaking huge and empty it worked fine. Yes there were some bugs, but it was mostly due to the shitty SWG engine; not the concept.

Nothing beats finding that conveniently placed stranger's home to run and hide in while your rerolled noob ass was being chased by that unrelenting pack of Diseased Womp Rats you happened into as you traversed the wilds; only to meet a cool Armorsmith chick from Germany who hooked you up with some better gear to make it back to civilization. You made a new friend and got a story out of it.

Unless you needed your house on a particular spot, there was plenty of open wasteland to plant your flag.  City rights were even traded and sold as people moved their guilds from planet to planet. Pretty much it was guaranteed if you wanted to live in a city, or set one up all you had to do was ask around. I remember my guild buying a city spot on Naboo about 1500m away for Theed for 20mil (which was easy to  come by for anyone).

I imagine with good optimization and a good game engine on newer tech this could be implemented almost perfectly and a lot less buggy.

Instead housing in this game will be nothing but a zerg fest. You get a template mailed to you when it's destroyed...really? I bet after 2 times most people will just give up on having that big house.

Not that this is the all defining mechanic for me when it comes to this game, but it feels like they made it competitive just as a gap fill, rather than a useful feature everyone can enjoy if they want.

I liked dark age of Camelot housing and how it was essentially the auction house too. 
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Tiller said:

In Archeage when they constantly did all of those server merges and people lost their houses and land. A lot off people quit over that. I can't imaging this is going to go over very well.

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    ILLISET said:
      Also thr p2w aspect.  I'm sure AoC will have P2W as well. 

Don't say that around Paradox gaming, he will have a fit. But just between you and me I am sure it will come to that since that is where the money is really made. Either that or some bullshit loot boxes will come out with a .000001% chance of getting that awesome new costume everyone wants.
    ILLISET
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    rensta said:
    March 28th 2021

Here watch this:

Not impressed at all. graphics are already a bit outdated, game should be approaching public last beta by now. There is no proper structure for the base game yet, so as I see it, there is no game at all yet. It might release in 2-3 more years... but yeah.... no one will be impressed by then. Yawn. 

Well I guess if it doesn't work out as an RPG, then they can always call it a battle royale.....
  • Sum12hateSum12hate Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I'm actually part of a guild that has several alpha one testers once the NDA drops next week I'll post some media in here so you can use current looks for judgement but the game is pretty fun as is, once they finish implementing the rest of the economic and combat systems its going to be amazing. 
    Kylerandelete5230Ungood
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Thanks @Sum12hate
    This is some encouragement among a lot of disappointment of other games in the last five or so years.

I'm building a good gut feel about this game. But still hesitant on believing they can pull off such a destructible, then build back up dynamic system and implement it on release.

I'm expecting a very basic environment with very little mechanics that work, but I'm a pessimist.  I'm also expecting mostly basic PvP action to keep us busy while the world is being worked on.

Opening up the NDA would help understand WHAT IS REAL, instead of developer hype. Because developers tend to show an un-realistic full implementation that's never true at all.      
    Ungood
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited May 2021
    Sum12hate said:
    I'm actually part of a guild that has several alpha one testers once the NDA drops next week I'll post some media in here so you can use current looks for judgement but the game is pretty fun as is, once they finish implementing the rest of the economic and combat systems its going to be amazing. 
    Welcome to the forums!

We all need some one to hate I guess. ;)
    [Deleted User]UngoodKyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Sum12hate said:
    Can't wait to hear what you and your guildmates have to say.
    delete5230Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scot said:
    Sum12hate said:
    Welcome to the forums!

We all need some one to hate I guess. ;)
    I originally read that as sum 12 hate and thought "weird name, guess all the good ones were taken."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Do people just look at surface paint and say looks great ?
    Do you know HOW or what you would be doing while playing the game?
    How much is new or even good?
    I know the one main gimmick the NODE system is imo not that good.It might appear a decent idea on paper but i look ahead to the future and predict how it would affect me and if i would even like it IN GAME.
    I don't entirely know yet what a player would be doing from day 1 and  into week 2 or 3.I for one am not interested in joining some guild/players town and building it up for that player/guild.I want to represent MY OWN game play not someone else's.

I rather have already built villages and towns each offering more or less because that adds to the exploration and discovery of a game.Building from scratch only satisfies me if it is FOR ME.If it is a friend then sure i would help out but i am not joining a game just to play same old with a twist to help build a town.

Let me put it this way,i strive for BETTER games not backwards games.In a survival game i can build WHERE i want,whenever i want,so this is to me just restrictions and by building up a node you loosen those restrictions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Opening up the NDA would help understand WHAT IS REAL, instead of developer hype. Because developers tend to show an un-realistic full implementation that's never true at all.      
    This is what I am waiting for. Can't trust anything we have seen from Streamers because of the referral system which pays then 15% real cash for purchases that come from their links.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    Comment on the video.
    Textures look good ,world looks good.

Gameplay,immediately head for a npc to get a quest..../sigh,NOT what i want to do for gameplay.

I will be straight up frank,LONG ago,before gaming was a modern household hobby i was dreaming for a game like Atlas.THAT is the type of gameplay i want,open world travel,building,discovery,crafting,build ships,hire crew feel the danger everywhere.

Ok that is out of the way,that double tail looks like a pom pom,looks imo ugly.Give the fox a normal tai land will look good.
    "corrupted" node idea just reminds me of GW2 and or somewhat similar to Trion's Rift idea.
    I am not a fan of anything that appears automated.I already get peeved too often in Valheim with the entire game being automated.So for example i want the corrupted to have their own area of survival.Then corrupted if not encountered will continue to grow and eventually wander out and attack anyone in their path.I don't like the idea of locked in nodes.
    First encounter is typical npc's just standing there waiting to be engaged,i want MOVING npc's.Teh combat looked sloppy and not controlled at all,so each player just does their whacka mole impression until it dies.Those mounts should be able to engage in combat.
    They didn't spawn anything into the world just the POI encounters so the world looks empty.
    So then he spawns in a thousand bears.zzzzzzzzzzz looks stupid,too much giggling like lil school girls.Yeah i was turned off.
    Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    How much is new or even good?
    I know the one main gimmick the NODE system is imo not that good.It might appear a decent idea on paper but i look ahead to the future and predict how it would affect me and if i would even like it IN GAME.
    I don't entirely know yet what a player would be doing from day 1 and  into week 2 or 3.I for one am not interested in joining some guild/players town and building it up for that player/guild.I want to represent MY OWN game play not someone else's.

I rather have already built villages and towns each offering more or less because that adds to the exploration and discovery of a game.Building from scratch only satisfies me if it is FOR ME.If it is a friend then sure i would help out but i am not joining a game just to play same old with a twist to help build a town.

Let me put it this way,i strive for BETTER games not backwards games.In a survival game i can build WHERE i want,whenever i want,so this is to me just restrictions and by building up a node you loosen those restrictions.
    I read your concerns, and agree with a lot of them, I would much rather a standard well built game.  Infact I don't really like Pvp and ALL ITS STRUGGLES. 

I also think what they are trying to pull off is beyond their scope, even much more simple games seem to have become impossible for some reason as of the last several years. 

But, It's still at a wait-and-see level of development.  Too early to say. 
    My hope level is at a 5 out of 10 now.  Given some time it may be 3/10 or 8/10

Let it bake in the oven a while longer.
    KyleranUngood
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wizardry said:
    I imagine I would be running around killing shit, until such a time there something else I want to do in game other than kill shit, like I do in every MMO I play.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Wizardry said:
    I imagine I would be running around killing shit, until such a time there something else I want to do in game other than kill shit, like I do in every MMO I play.
    A possible guess at release,
    It may start with two simple nods far apart from each other, that have poorly design upgrades...... This will allow a few guilds something to fight for. 

First year will be many patches to get it working better along with upgrades.

The process of making the game fully function as advertised will take years. With years more to patch in, they may run out of money. With a release people will see first hand how underdeveloped it is and stop contributing..... As with all mmorpgs people will start leaving. 

Just a guess. It could go in many directions..... One thing for sure, it will not be fully developed like MARKETING pretends.