Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which games have the best housing systems in 2021

Comments

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Space fighter x has the best put them all
    AlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:Not just in the housing itself but also how crafting tied into it  

Instanced housing is excluded in my world its shit , and i have an EQ 2 house all decoed but its still a shit system ..
    Can someone find your UO house in the open world, blow down your walls with c4 and take or destroy everything you've ever gained on the server?

If not its just more carebear housing.  >:)
    Or drop a nuke on it even, incinerating everything you've worked for in an instance?

Agreed, UO is for carebears.  ;)

Lol.. FO76 is not an MMO ...   I know sometimes discussions are hard to follow ,  But the OP was referencing MMO ..

U R dismissed
    wow Scorch. I hope you are doing ok.  smh 

well, I did have a full Knee replacement 10 days ago .. Oxyed up pretty well :)

But im still me , maybe a bit more edgy
    Better be careful with that shit, you are right at the edge of safety if taking for 10 days.
    UngoodHatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Scorchien said:
    Wizardry said:
    Atlas/Ark/Conan/Valheim .all the other games are crap,instancing.Well there are a few others that are decent like a few zombie games but i forget the name of those titles,7 days to die or something like that is one of them.
    I never played Rust,always wanted to but the pvp idea turns me off but i imagine Rust must have a decent house building system.Come to think of it we could build within H1Z! as well but like all these early access games,the devs NEVER finish them.or shut them down.

FYI the title mentions nothing of MMO.What is even an mmo anyway?WOW claims to be an mmo but any mmo interaction is usually inside of INSTANCES.

Survival games are  really the few only open world games and you MUST be open world to be a MMO.I refer to an mmo from GAMEPLAY and NOT the login screen.

Reading Comprehension is a skill that needs improving , i would go back and read the OP again ..

All the game you mention are NOT MMOs and not relative to the discussion ..

Thx for playing
    LOL, perhaps you are the one struggling, the title of the thread as well as inside of it literally stated "Which game do you believe have the best housing systems in 2021?"

Yeah, he randomly mentioned not having played MMOs in a while, for what purpose I dunno, but at it's Crux his post asked which "game" was best, not which MMORPG did.

Boom...

[Deleted User]AlBQuirkyhupa

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Wizardry said:
    Atlas/Ark/Conan/Valheim .all the other games are crap,instancing.Well there are a few others that are decent like a few zombie games but i forget the name of those titles,7 days to die or something like that is one of them.
    I never played Rust,always wanted to but the pvp idea turns me off but i imagine Rust must have a decent house building system.Come to think of it we could build within H1Z! as well but like all these early access games,the devs NEVER finish them.or shut them down.

FYI the title mentions nothing of MMO.What is even an mmo anyway?WOW claims to be an mmo but any mmo interaction is usually inside of INSTANCES.

Survival games are  really the few only open world games and you MUST be open world to be a MMO.I refer to an mmo from GAMEPLAY and NOT the login screen.

Reading Comprehension is a skill that needs improving , i would go back and read the OP again ..

Thx for playing
    LOL, perhaps you are the one struggling, the title of the thread as well as inside of it literally stated "Which game do you believe have the best housing systems in 2021?"

Yeah, he randomly mentioned not having played MMOs in a while, for what purpose I dunno, but at it's Crux his post asked which "game" was best, not which MMORPG did.

Boom...

very obvious he meant MMOs as his first sentence .. Maybe he would like to clear that up for those that need it ...  I dont ..
    edited May 2021
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Wizardry said:

Thx for playing

Boom...

very obvious he meant MMOs as his first sentence .. Maybe he would like to clear that up for those that need it ...  I dont ..   Housing serves no Purpose in discussing outside of MMOs this obvious to all but those with little brain matter ..

He did not randomly mention it he very intentionally led his discussion with it ..

Which sinlge player game would you like to show us your wonderful housing in ..LMFAO

I expect better from you ... Here have an Oxy .. you will feel better

Kyleran
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

very obvious he meant MMOs as his first sentence .. Maybe he would like to clear that up for those that need it ...  I dont ..   Housing serves no Purpose in discussing outside of MMOs this obvious to all but those with little brain matter ..

He did not randomly mention it he very intentionally led his discussion with it ..

Which sinlge player game would you like to show us your wonderful housing in ..LMFAO

Jeez.. somebody forgot to take their Midol.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]TheocritusAlBQuirky

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Jeez.. somebody forgot to take their Midol.
    Clearly, as he can't tell the difference between a multi player game like FO76 where dozens of players can see your camp in a single evening vs a single player game....like say, FO4 where players routinely share their builds on reddit and elsewhere.

It's like he doesn't even lift bro.

RexKushmanUngoodAlBQuirky

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    cheyane said:
    YashaX said:
    cheyane said:
    For me it will always be Everquest 2. They allow you to place items in different axis and to reduce and increase sizes. You can build lofts and just about anything from placing different items together and creating something new. 

The premium houses and whole islands are where you can let your creativity run wild and the sheer amount of things a carpenter can make will have you hard pressed to find another game with that high number of craftable items. Truly lovely but hardly anyone will ever see your creativity because even if you place all your vendor items in the house it is highly doubtful anyone will visit it and see your beautiful home.

This sounds very similar to housing in ESO: it is instanced, tied into the crafting system, allows placement on different axis to create lofts, etc, and has premium housing and other larger areas.
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g13&menustr=070080000000

These are just lights you can craft in EQ2. Does ESO have this kind of variety for you to craft and bear in mind EQ2 is 17 years old.
    Wow, that is so cool. I don't think ESO has that much variety yet, although there does seem to be quite a lot you can craft and/or buy. This page gives a bit of an overview: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings

Also, you can get crafting stations and npc bankers etc to place in your home and despite this the cities are still bustling. 
    Po_gg[Deleted User]cheyaneUngoodAlBQuirky
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2021
    Brume said:
    Which game do you believe have the best housing systems in 2021?
    It's really subjective, and the array is wide enough as well with simply "game".

But since I don't play survivals and quasi-MMOs, I'll just choose from the games I like, and with it my pick would be LotRO and Rift.
    Although I admit @cheyane's EQ2 arguments are really good - just I'm not a big fan, I rather play DCUO and PS2 when I'm on All Access :)

Honorary mention would go to Trove since Ungood mentioned it in the other thread as well, it's blocky but really flexible and fun to build.

With taking off the "2021" part the list could be extended with the cancelled Landmark and Wildstar.
    Landmark for its top-notch flexibility and quality among the builder games, and Wildstar's community housing mechanic was probably the most innovative idea of the last decade, within the housing category.

ed. honorary mention within the cancelled section, Maplestory 2. It's often overlooked, since its housing was blocky like Trove's, but with the interactivity of Wildstar - kinda halfway between the two. One could built entire puzzle/platformer themed houses, just not on Wildstar's level.
    [Deleted User]cheyaneUngoodAlBQuirky
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I forgot about Wildstar. Yeah that was pretty fabulous too.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    24 years later its still Ultima online ........................./end
    You need to get out more, things have changed since the bombs dropped.

:)

UO housing system has more customization and functionality than any other to date .... Fact
    I loved so much about that game. I agree on the housing, functionality, utility, real estate value, etc. (Included in your other posts in this thread.) 
    It was all so well tied into the game world. You didn't HAVE to have a house, but it provided a whole new level of game play. 

The rune system (teleporting) played a huge part in it all, and that's one of the reasons I like that teleportation system so much. 

I'd love to see UO's housing system expanded in my next MMORPG, into an even more worldly system. One where:
    - Cities provide protection. 
    - Protections come in many forms, magical, NPC hirelings, Traps, Pets, etc. 
    - Cities are mostly Player run. Game run cities can have Player run suburbs around them.
    - Cities can be expanded via Watch Towers and NPC zones of Control.
    - Players can also build out in the wilds, but all defenses are on them. 
    - MOB as well as Players can assault a house. 
    - There's a Justice System, one that can be beaten, but allows for Player Vs. Player, Skill vs. Skill, after-the-fact reactions. (Think Brinks Investigators and Law Enforcement here.) 
    -All storage takes space, including coins, allowing for Player run Warehouses for commodities and bulk storage, and again requiring protections and supported by after-the-fact Justice systems. 

Maybe that's just a dream. But who knows. 
    Scorchien[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:Not just in the housing itself but also how crafting tied into it  

Instanced housing is excluded in my world its shit , and i have an EQ 2 house all decoed but its still a shit system ..
    Can someone find your UO house in the open world, blow down your walls with c4 and take or destroy everything you've ever gained on the server?

Or drop a nuke on it even, incinerating everything you've worked for in an instance?

Lol.. FO76 is not an MMO ...   I know sometimes discussions are hard to follow ,  But the OP was referencing MMO ..

U R dismissed

Get well soon, @Scorchien.  If my 85 year old mother can deal with 3 knee surgeries, you can.  Best advise I can give you -- become a stickler for the knee exercises.  Once you're through with the ice baths, of course.

SovrathUngood[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:

U R dismissed

Get well soon, @Scorchien.  If my 85 year old mother can deal with 3 knee surgeries, you can.  Best advise I can give you -- become a stickler for the knee exercises.  Once you're through with the ice baths, of course.

yea its constant motion , about to down the basement and hit my treadmill and bike,, Thx tho Brudha
    Ungood
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Star Wars: Galaxies really is by far.

It's designed as a player city feature.

If you're looking for building games tho Conan Exiles, Ark, Space Engineers, and even Minecraft let you make almost anything. You can make any type of house/castle/base you want in those.

but since you ask for housing systems is sounds like MMO so SW:G.

Ungood[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    EQ 2, Rift and SWG.
    AlBQuirky
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Rift is the only game I know of where I can use trees to build an unoffical sacrificial altar with just trees rotated randomly
    AlBQuirky

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited May 2021
    cheyane said:
    For me it will always be Everquest 2. They allow you to place items in different axis and to reduce and increase sizes. You can build lofts and just about anything from placing different items together and creating something new. 

The premium houses and whole islands are where you can let your creativity run wild and the sheer amount of things a carpenter can make will have you hard pressed to find another game with that high number of craftable items. Truly lovely but hardly anyone will ever see your creativity because even if you place all your vendor items in the house it is highly doubtful anyone will visit it and see your beautiful home.

These I did in 2006 I went to see my house as recently as yesterday. Fireplace I built by combining different items

Loft I made with a carpet flooring. That is smoke from the fire below.

You forgot to mention that all the best houses are in the cash shop , as well as furniture. I know you said premium but that's a  deflection of what it is, cash shop only items, and it's expensive too, like 100s of dollars. So the only people I can see promoting that kind of thing are people who dumped 100s if not 1000$ into the cash shop. Kinda important to mention that ?.

Not to mention that it is just a bad copy of ultima online and swg, both of which are better and swg being the better one. You can do all that in swg, plus make a city that has in-game benefits. Not only that there is a entire profession dedicated to that kind of the the politician. A solo instance,  cash shop gated housing system pales in comparison. You mise well just skip the fee and play Skyrim which is better than eq 2 with mods, and you can even share it with a save file. 
    AlBQuirkyYashaX
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    My MMO housing experience is null and void.

EQ`1: no housing (when I played)
    CoH: no housing (when I played), except "Super Group Bases"
    WoW: no housing (when I played)
    GW 1: no housing I got to (small foray into Post Apocalypse Ascalon)
    GW2: no housing (when I played)
    Rift: no housing (when I played beta)
    DDO: never got to a place where housing was a "thing" when I played
    Neverwinter: never got to a place where housing was a "thing"

Wizard101: has housing, basically though the cash shop. Decorations only, very little "build your own"
    [Deleted User]UngoodPo_gg

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2021
    lonesol said:
    cheyane said:

These I did in 2006 I went to see my house as recently as yesterday. Fireplace I built by combining different items

Loft I made with a carpet flooring. That is smoke from the fire below.

You forgot to mention that all the best houses are in the cash shop , as well as furniture. I know you said premium but that's a  deflection of what it is, cash shop only items, and it's expensive too, like 100s of dollars. So the only people I can see promoting that kind of thing are people who dumped 100s if not 1000$ into the cash shop. Kinda important to mention that ?.

Not to mention that it is just a bad copy of ultima online and swg, both of which are better and swg being the better one. You can do all that in swg, plus make a city that has in-game benefits. Not only that there is a entire profession dedicated to that kind of the the politician. A solo instance,  cash shop gated housing system pales in comparison. You mise well just skip the fee and play Skyrim which is better than eq 2 with mods, and you can even share it with a save file. 
    I didn't use the cash shop for any house item. There is enough variety and choice not to use it and craft every house item. I gave my perspective. Just because you have a bitter point of view does not take away the sheer variety of the items you can craft for the house in EQ2 and do so without using the cash shop. 

Just because you are angry about their cash shop does not invalidate the existence of the items that are purely crafted from recipes.

The big houses are also available (some) by using loyalty tokens you can earn daily so even those are available outside the cash shop. The player base is tiny and the game needs support so if they use the cash shop to keep the game alive, I don't mind as I am just happy I can play.  I don't buy anything aside from unlocking my mercenaries' hire anywhere ability.

I don't like SWG I found the way the landscape was littered with harvestors a bloody eyesore. Don't agree with that point of view at all. Skyrim is not an MMORPG but well one can argue neither is EQ2 (too few playing the game) I suppose but recently been seeing more people playing.

[Deleted User]UngoodPo_ggAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    AlBQuirky said:

Wizard101: has housing, basically though the cash shop. Decorations only, very little "build your own"
    Just to clear this up.

DDO does not have housing at all.. it has a Guild Airship, which is basically a Buff Barge.

GW2 has always had Home Instances, and while a pitiful play at housing, give you could not customize it, it was still what they had, as far as player housing. They also had guild halls, later.
    Po_ggAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Ungood said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Just to clear this up.

DDO does not have housing at all.. it has a Guild Airship, which is basically a Buff Barge.
    Same with the other D&D WotC game (Neverwinter), it only has the guild stronghold which is hardly housing (and the workshop, with its ""cosmetic upgrades", ain't housing either).

While the Foundry was in the game, some players have made their homes through that system, which was a creative idea, to be honest.
    When you launched those Foundry missions you were directed to a door within PE, and after enter you landed in a fully built home (the Foundry editor was really good), sometimes even with NPCs (maids, kitched personnel, butler), dialogue options, etc.
    No combat or xp though :)  and it wasn't proper housing of course.

Rift: there were no dimensions yet during the beta... check back and try it, there's a reason I've listed it among the best ones.

About the cancelled ones I mentioned, some random examples:
    Landmark (as HiveLeader called it in his review, "Minecraft with circles" :) ) https://youtu.be/bZ6HTrTZp4w
    The flexibility was amazing, barely any limits at all, when enough work put into it.
    Ok, the piano and the armchairs in the movie room have a certain brutalist style...

Maplestory 2, even had official, theme-focused house contests: https://youtu.be/QISGuLkb4do
    But of course "utility" houses were much more common, like the second one on this tour:
    Farming, portals to zones, to bosses and mining areas, a trophy section, stat raising sections (I admit I too had a climbing wall in my house to easily raise the climbing...)
    UngoodAlBQuirky
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    I remember back in DAOC, about 2002, our guild bought a guild house and we also bought all the houses in the area.  So we owned the whole neighborhood.

That was kind of fun when we all gathered.
    AlBQuirky

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    SWG, by far.
    AlBQuirky

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Games I have played, SWTOR.  It is pricey though.  You can see supplement the cost with real money.
    AlBQuirky

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Lina1 said:
    Vanguard as for me have a nice housing system.
    It was, but I think the OP said in 2021 and Vanguard is dead.  I liked the game at one point, but what is the use answering a question with an answer that is not relevant?
    AlBQuirky

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin