Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Has Lost A Large Chunk Of Its Playerbase Despite Increasing Total Revenue | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,673
    Hm, let's see...what happened in 2018 since the decline :

1) Mike Morhaime forced to leave Blizzard ..and he's doing it.
    2) The launch of one of the worst WoW X-Pacs in the history ( or is it the worst? ) : BfA.
    3) THE worst Blizzcon in the history of Blizzard, with memorable moments. One of them is "....doncha have phonzz?"

So, I wonder why the decline? But .. I'm happy they are losing this much players. I said it before and I will say it again : They need to get their shit together, or they can bankrupt. I don't care.

The declined would of been much worst, if not for the Remakes. I know I paid them $ for them and...I will do it again in 1 month. I shouldn't, but ...this are games ( x-pacs ) I grow up with. They however, lost the ..Blizzard Fanboy in me and that's is SO hard to ...get it back.
    Gdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• FTrunks21FTrunks21 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Hengist said:

FTrunks21 said:

Lol They brainwashed people to come back for classic and it still didn't work huh? That is because people are stupid. Nobody liked classic. Classic wasn't even that great. I was there from day 1. No idea why people keep talking about classic like it was some god above all. You couldn't play what you wanted. Drops were so rare, it was beyond a job. Grinding like a korean mmo almost, which like 2% of american gamers like. Even now classic isn't like "classic". They already said they changed a lot internally and gave some quality of life stuff.

Only good thing about classic was there was a lot of people. Best time I ever had being in a guild because we all got to know each other and became friends. People need to get out of here with that "classic WoW is so amazing and was when mmos were at their best" bs. No, no it was not.

Nobody liked it, but there were a lot of people.

Makes complete sense.

Well it isn't hard to understand. A lot of people flock to places that have high populations to socialize. Same thing happens in real life. I know a lot of people right now over my years of gaming that play the high pop games that don't like them but, since they have big names behind them, people put up with the crappy game because there is a decent amount of people and they like the lore of the world or the IP.

A lot of the people I knew played to RP not grind or play the game. When you have a monopoly on something like WoW did because of their name, people go there regardless of if it is good or not. I continually go back to FF14 despite hating the game because I love the Final Fantasy series. I know some people who do as well. Same with WoW etc etc. Pretty easy to understand once you understand human psyche.
    Gdemami
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,202
    My take on blizzard is that i figured they'd become sellouts for money about 8 to 10 years ago. This is the result of it. 
    Gdemami
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 644
    Actually making more money out of less ppl is a major success
    They can now spend less in servers, cs and the like while rolling in cash gg blizz!
    tzervo
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,332
    They lost 11 million players. GG indeed.
    Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/