Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which games have the best housing systems in 2021

BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
Its been a long time since my last ride into a MMO, one facet that I miss the most at the moment is the great housing mechanics. Which game do you believe have the best housing systems in 2021?
AlBQuirky

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    SWG by far.
    achesomaxpsyncNildenAlBQuirkyHatefull
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    SWG: Legends still.
    xpsyncAlBQuirky

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Rift had the best housing when I played.
    Is the game still alive? I dont know
    AlBQuirky
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Valheim has the best housing but its not a mmo, just multiplayer. 
    RexKushmanAlBQuirkymadazz
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited May 2021
    Rust, Valheim, Ark, 7 Days 2 Die.

All the best housing is in Survival games these days, there's no MMORPG that can even come close to their level of customization. 

Top would be Rust though, with the Rust+ app you can actually monitor your base and control your in game devices and traps while you are away from the game.
    Ungood[Deleted User]Rungar[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited May 2021
    Not an MMORPG rather a multi player environment where you interact with thousands of players, 35 at a time, Fallout 76 has a great housing system which you can add defensive systems, NPC companions, crafting stations, player run vendors, underground vaults though a lot of the fun stuff is locked in the Atom shop.

They recently added allowing players to have more than one camp though only one can be placed in a world at a time.

What's nice is the player vendors advertise their contents drawing other players in to come purchase your wares 

Of course, some players find ways to build trap camps or fun mazes, which makes visiting them more entertaining at times.

They also added a new perk card management system which can only be invoked at a special terminal which players can put in their camps to further drive other folks to come visit to experience your great efforts.

I am a murder hobo who normally eschews all housing (in ESO I have two empty one room closets for fast travel purposes) but even I am pretty proud of my camp  which some knowledgeable friends I met in game helped me build.

Its up on a cliff with a terrific view of scorch queen nuke drops, often stand on the roof and watch them soar in before heading over to join in.

I also turned a backyard pond into a swimming pool, has lights, deck chairs etc though one can't stay in too long as the water is slightly radioactive when wearing your swimware.

Well, you also need to keep a .50 cal machine gun handy for the occasional super mutant attack which I've struggled to find a good spot in my trunks to store it  in. :)

Rungar[Deleted User]cameltosisUngood[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    24 years later its still Ultima online ........................./end
    BrumeAlBQuirkymadazz
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited May 2021
    For me it will always be Everquest 2. They allow you to place items in different axis and to reduce and increase sizes. You can build lofts and just about anything from placing different items together and creating something new. 

The premium houses and whole islands are where you can let your creativity run wild and the sheer amount of things a carpenter can make will have you hard pressed to find another game with that high number of craftable items. Truly lovely but hardly anyone will ever see your creativity because even if you place all your vendor items in the house it is highly doubtful anyone will visit it and see your beautiful home.

These I did in 2006 I went to see my house as recently as yesterday. Fireplace I built by combining different items

Loft I made with a carpet flooring. That is smoke from the fire below.

ScotxpsyncUngood[Deleted User]BrumeAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
    Scorchien said:
    You need to get out more, things have changed since the bombs dropped.

:)
    ScotCecropiaTheocritusCrystallineNMUngood[Deleted User]AlBQuirkymadazz

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

cheyane said:
    For me it will always be Everquest 2. They allow you to place items in different axis and to reduce and increase sizes. You can build lofts and just about anything from placing different items together and creating something new. 

The premium houses and whole islands are where you can let your creativity run wild and the sheer amount of things a carpenter can make will have you hard pressed to find another game with that high number of craftable items. Truly lovely but hardly anyone will ever see your creativity because even if you place all your vendor items in the house it is highly doubtful anyone will visit it and see your beautiful home.

These I did in 2006 I went to see my house as recently as yesterday. Fireplace I built by combining different items

Loft I made with a carpet flooring. That is smoke from the fire below.

Yeah it is tough to beat EQ2's housing. 

Rift does a good job, UO's is okish and so was Wildstar but EQ2 was the best imho
    Not just in the housing itself but also how crafting tied into it  

Instanced housing is excluded in my world its shit , and i have an EQ 2 house all decoed but its still a shit system ..
    AlBQuirky
    edited May 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:

UO housing system has more customization and functionality than any other to date .... Fact
    AmarantharAlBQuirky
    edited May 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Not an MMORPG rather a multi player environment where you interact with thousands of players, 35 at a time, Fallout 76 has a great housing system which you can add defensive systems, NPC companions, crafting stations, player run vendors, underground vaults though a lot of the fun stuff is locked in the Atom shop.

Yes housing is a very lucrative source of real money in a lot of games. You will be gobsmacked by the number of people who never decorate or even pick up a broom in real life who will happily spend time doing exactly that (not the broom part) in a game.
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:

UO housing system has more customization and functionality than any other to date .... Fact

And ill add it also gives us a very robust and active Real Estate market

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:

I agree that UO has an extensive housing system, the problem most MMORPG players have, including myself,  is that you need to actually play Ultima Online to access it.  

Well , UO is a very challenging game and will weed out weak players rather quickly ..

Consider yourself weeded
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    decorating the house is no longer enough. Have to build the house now. 
    RexKushmanKyleran[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Rungar said:

I kind of liked Vanguard's housing. You did have to build it, and it wasn't instanced.
    AlBQuirky

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Scorchien said:Not just in the housing itself but also how crafting tied into it  

Instanced housing is excluded in my world its shit , and i have an EQ 2 house all decoed but its still a shit system ..
    Can someone find your UO house in the open world, blow down your walls with c4 and take or destroy everything you've ever gained on the server?

If not its just more carebear housing.  >:)
    KyleranBeansnBread[Deleted User][Deleted User]AlBQuirky

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Rungar said:
    I built this adobe in Vanguard from the bricks to the roof and then did the inside. Vanguard housing is not instanced. It was very vast and just got lost in all that land. I prefer instanced housing because the other one just creates huge real estate that is a pain to navigate and in SWG an eye sore with all their machines puffing and spluttering littering the landscape. Ugly as sin.

Adobe goodness

Humble adobe

furthur humble abodeness

home sweet home was never sweeter
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
    Scorchien said:Not just in the housing itself but also how crafting tied into it  

Can someone find your UO house in the open world, blow down your walls with c4 and take or destroy everything you've ever gained on the server?

Or drop a nuke on it even, incinerating everything you've worked for in an instance?

Agreed, UO is for carebears.  ;)
    RexKushman[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

Kyleran said:

Or drop a nuke on it even, incinerating everything you've worked for in an instance?

Agreed, UO is for carebears.  ;)
    Do you actually lose the items in your house if its nuked in FO76? 

AlBQuirky