Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Will Share What's Next in Live Stream Today | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCrowfall Will Share What's Next in Live Stream Today | MMORPG.com

Save the date for...later today as the Crowfall team will share what they have planned next for the MMO. Here are the details you'll need to know, including when and where you'll need to tune in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2021
    What I am hoping to see is the recognition that you don't give people the same rewards for Hunger Dome that you get in any other sort of PvP. This is so bobby basic, if you have the same rewards players will quickly discover the "best" way to get them. The Hunger Dome will either stop players bothering with PvP outside the dome or no one will bother with it. We have been here in one form or another so many times before, is it too much to ask that MMOs wake up to this?
    YashaX
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Um.....its nice to talk about a game's future.....post-launch............can you guys like launch first? Or is that one your future goals?
    BruceYeeenesisxlr8UNH0LYEV1LKyleranYashaX[Deleted User]
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    Today I tried to give another chance to Crowfall.

Simply put, I spent more time downloading and installing it than actually playing it.

The graphics look awful, the UI looks fancy, but it's nowhere near practical and the overall premise of the game is really, really boring.

Probably the only redeeming value is that combat seems somewhat pleasant, and to an extent I must say, it felt better than the combat of ESO.

But I uninstalled it probably less than 10 minutes after joining the world, it's just not appealing at all, especially the colors of the graphics and the lack of textures is borderline pathetic. Old School RuneScape has more texture on its graphics compared to Crowfall.
    enesisxlr8sakinol
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

Simply put, I spent more time downloading and installing it than actually playing it.

The graphics look awful, the UI looks fancy, but it's nowhere near practical and the overall premise of the game is really, really boring.

Probably the only redeeming value is that combat seems somewhat pleasant, and to an extent I must say, it felt better than the combat of ESO.

But I uninstalled it probably less than 10 minutes after joining the world, it's just not appealing at all, especially the colors of the graphics and the lack of textures is borderline pathetic. Old School RuneScape has more texture on its graphics compared to Crowfall.

Ya I agree i feel like this game will be for those looking to get a quick pvp fix, but wont be played as a true mmorpg.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Scot said:
    What I am hoping to see is the recognition that you don't give people the same rewards for Hunger Dome that you get in any other sort of PvP. This is so bobby basic, if you have the same rewards players will quickly discover the "best" way to get them. The Hunger Dome will either stop players bothering with PvP outside the dome or no one will bother with it. We have been here in one form or another so many times before, is it too much to ask that MMOs wake up to this?
    Have you played the game?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    YashaX said:
    Scot said:
    Until it releases with no more wipes, no one has really played the game, still just one big testing effort so far.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Basically a greed push to make quick cash instead of focusing on the core product. This will backfire on them way before they even launched the main product.

Oh greed how many good mmos have you buried so far?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530

10 minuets?

Well I have to disagree with you on the graphics, personally I love the Claymation style graphics. As for the lack of textures, that must be an issue on your end, I see the textures just fine.

The Premise of the game is Realms vs Realms Warfare. I am hard pressed to think how that is boring, unless you went into the game thinking that it was something other than a Realms vs Realms game, and were trying to find some fun doing, like background PvE stuff.
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    What was the big news?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited May 2021
    Kyleran said:
    YashaX said:
    Scot said:
    Until it releases with no more wipes, no one has really played the game, still just one big testing effort so far.

Well whether you call it playing it or testing it, my question stands. I already know the answer though - the guy telling the devs what they should do hasn't played it and doesn't even really follow it.
    What was the big news?
    The fact that nobody knows what the big announcement was... speaks volumes to me.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

What was the big news?
    The fact that nobody knows what the big announcement was... speaks volumes to me.
    Its so closely followed that everyone just assumes you should know.
    YashaX said:
    What was the big news?
    Its so closely followed that everyone just assumes you should know.
    I guess.  I actually went and logged in to try and find it and didn't see any news items or anything else.  I could sit and watch their stream but... yeah... thats not my cup of tea.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2021
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    YashaX said:
    Scot said:

Well whether you call it playing it or testing it, my question stands. I already know the answer though - the guy telling the devs what they should do hasn't played it and doesn't even really follow it.
    I hardly follow games in development, never test them or play them before launch. I don't mention that in every post I do as I think most posters on here know that by now. Indeed if you look at my last sentence it eludes to what I have seen so many times before, which is why I regard it as a lesson that is rarely learnt for new MMO's.

So can you tell us why this will not be an issue? This may surprise you but I will be quite happy if it is not.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    They just announced a PvP tournament with $50,000 in prize money. I still can't get used to companies treating Early Access games as release products. The game hasn't even had it's final wipe yet, but there is a prize money tournament with commentators, twitch rewards and all the jazz.
    Scot
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    It seems the game is not fun enough to get people to play. So now they're trying to get people to play by offering cash.