Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Preview Impressions | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNot So MMO: Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Preview Impressions | MMORPG.com

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a robust game. Jason took to the CRPG, whose beta comprises of about 60 hours worth of content, for a spin. Here are his thoughts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Kingmaker is probably the most underrated CRPG ever made. I couldn't finish it because I was playing the second hardest difficulty and ended up hitting a brick wall, because I must not have built my team properly.... but I don't blame the game; if anything it made me appreciate the game more.

The amount of customization and potential replayability is absurd... also, the DLC that adds a dungeon crawler mode... top knotch.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited May 2021
    Please tell me it has a better flowing story than Kingmaker. If you didn't want to micro your barony, it quickly fell apart.

With that said, Kingmaker's so good.
    seraphis79
  • bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I loved the first game, am really looking forward to this one as a backer
  • bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

Gorwe said:

Please tell me it has a better flowing story than Kingmaker. If you didn't want to micro your barony, it quickly fell apart.

They updated the Barony so that you could play with it on autopilot (definitive edition).
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Man the lighting is phenomenal.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I liked the premise of the first game but not the execution...i would have preferred to make my own lackeys and the story line kinda sucked.....I got tired of chasing the one clown around for days on end and never went back.....Maybe there are some mods that would make the first game better but I didn't really look for any.
    Gorwe
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    First game was simply awesome
    Cant wait for the second one
    Gorwe

Gorwe said:

They updated the Barony so that you could play with it on autopilot (definitive edition).

I know, but it isn't about the actions. The barony simply takes up front and center stage and often overshadows even your party. I don't like it...I'm an actions oriented guy, sitting back feels so bad to me.

Wrath in Turn Based will be so awesome...thanks mmorpg for reminding me of it. Instant wishlist, that goes without saying.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

I know, but it isn't about the actions. The barony simply takes up front and center stage and often overshadows even your party. I don't like it...I'm an actions oriented guy, sitting back feels so bad to me.

Wrath in Turn Based will be so awesome...thanks mmorpg for reminding me of it. Instant wishlist, that goes without saying.

it does have turn based on king maker now too, if anything makes the game even easier, and kinda push you to use certain skills who tend to be useless on real time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

it does have turn based on king maker now too, if anything makes the game even easier, and kinda push you to use certain skills who tend to be useless on real time

Like I don't know. I just find Kingmaker...not really my kind of game. I just don't want any of that barony nonsense. And it'd be ok if it were either a reward for finishing campaign(could even allow you to play after the campaign, that's a nice idea) or if you could refuse it.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    The big enemies look generic to me, but I am still looking forward to the game.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    dont expect to be playing this to completion within the first year of launch. wait for many patches, many DLC and expansions later, to get the "definitive edition" and then play it.

trying to play kingmaker at launch was a nightmare, i never went back to that game, just huge chunk of my life just wasted because of so many game breaking bugs and issues that forces re-starting or just stop playing.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Like I don't know. I just find Kingmaker...not really my kind of game. I just don't want any of that barony nonsense. And it'd be ok if it were either a reward for finishing campaign(could even allow you to play after the campaign, that's a nice idea) or if you could refuse it.

you can leave it on auto and it will skip all the barony effect, but the kingdom building is part of the game and some vents are liked to it, I kinda like it, hell I hoped close to the end it wouldn't push you do deal with things so fast
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

you can leave it on auto and it will skip all the barony effect, but the kingdom building is part of the game and some vents are liked to it, I kinda like it, hell I hoped close to the end it wouldn't push you do deal with things so fast

It's just not the same. I'm more of a BG2 / NWN kind of guy, Kingmaker decidedly isn't like that. Sure, it has some elements, but the barony taking up front and center simply...look, I want to be an adventurer or, even better, a Knight, not a Baron or King.
  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158

Kratier said:

dont expect to be playing this to completion within the first year of launch. wait for many patches, many DLC and expansions later, to get the "definitive edition" and then play it.

trying to play kingmaker at launch was a nightmare, i never went back to that game, just huge chunk of my life just wasted because of so many game breaking bugs and issues that forces re-starting or just stop playing.

Based on my experience I'd agree with this. I didnt pick up Kingmaker until the Definitive Ed. went on sale super cheap. I will be doing the same with Wrath. Plenty to keep me busy until then.

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

I went auto mode to avoid the Barony stuff, but it still got confusing because I didnt understand what was going on. And quests still had some time-frame based elements (totally disliked this aspect of the game).

Loved the game overall - art design, music etc. For me, multiplayer would've made the game perfect, but I get not everyone wants that and it takes away from dev time on other goodies.
    Checked out the Main music theme on YT. Very nice - two thumbs up.
  • seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87

Checked out the Main music theme on YT. Very nice - two thumbs up.

What, no link?