Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent Report Indicates CD Projekt RED Execs Will Receive Massive Bonuses Despite Cyberpunk 2077 Lau

2»

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited May 2021
    Iselin said:
    I won't go into the garbage arguments about "pay disparities" between low level workers and executives as that would undoubtedly get political.

If after the dumpster fire that they launched people are still willing to ever buy a game from them again then we as a species are doomed to failure and disappointment.
    Played the game from beginning to end on PC 3 times all before patch 1.2... not a single crash. No dumpster fire there.

You got trolled by the lynch mob and you don't even know it.
    I tried playing through it 3 times, all 3 times I got stuck behind my companion in a doorway where the quest mark was 3ft on the other side of the door. This was only about an hour into the game, never got past that point. 

My opinions were formed by my personal experience in game [mod edit]
    IselinGdemamiMustikos

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    The people who keep complaining about CP2077 are missing one fine detail, last gen is just too old for this game. My current PC is ever so slightly newer than my base model PS4 and it runs it almost worse than the console, both running the game on an SSD.

A newer PC runs the game just fine, and PS5/Series X run the game just fine via backwards compatibility. That makes it clear that PS4 and XB One's CPUs are just too old to properly run this game and it also was clearly made to be run on an SSD. It will never get fully fixed on those older systems without making the game look like minecraft.

Everything freezes in the game on an HDD and that is the nature of modern, very demanding games. Even Destiny and Division freeze on regular HDDs. No matter how many patches release, PS4/XBOne users will not see any major improvements unless users run the game on an SSD and it still remains in the 25fps range because of the Jaguar CPU and almost 10 year old GPU, just like it runs on my old PC.

Once PS4/XBOne users get the free upgrade to next gen, the game is going to run just fine for us, just like people who upgrade their PCs. That's what i'm waiting for.

The problem with this argument is that the game was set to launch well before the current gen consoles and then was delayed to "polish."  Seems more likely that they were delaying until the new gen consoles released.
    Sovrath
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2021
    The people who keep complaining about CP2077 are missing one fine detail, last gen is just too old for this game. My current PC is ever so slightly newer than my base model PS4 and it runs it almost worse than the console, both running the game on an SSD.

A newer PC runs the game just fine, and PS5/Series X run the game just fine via backwards compatibility. That makes it clear that PS4 and XB One's CPUs are just too old to properly run this game and it also was clearly made to be run on an SSD. It will never get fully fixed on those older systems without making the game look like minecraft.

Everything freezes in the game on an HDD and that is the nature of modern, very demanding games. Even Destiny and Division freeze on regular HDDs. No matter how many patches release, PS4/XBOne users will not see any major improvements unless users run the game on an SSD and it still remains in the 25fps range because of the Jaguar CPU and almost 10 year old GPU, just like it runs on my old PC.

Once PS4/XBOne users get the free upgrade to next gen, the game is going to run just fine for us, just like people who upgrade their PCs. That's what i'm waiting for.

The problem with this argument is that the game was set to launch well before the current gen consoles and then was delayed to "polish."  Seems more likely that they were delaying until the new gen consoles released.

Yupp, and that was their biggest mistake. Jumping generations without discarding the older one. Instead, they came up with the fat lie about last gen running fine. The moment they got to the point where the game transitioned to the new gen, that should have been the end of development for last gen. I know they wanted to try and reach the 115 million PS4 users, but that is not a reality. Not that many people were going to get the game anyway.

EDIT: the best solution I see right now? downscale the hell out of last gen so that it can hit 30fps regardless of how ugly it looks. And recommend those users to get an SSD to remove the freezing and stuttering. That should be enough until they get their free upgrade to next gen or PC if they choose to.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami

• Dharkarai49Dharkarai49 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Didn't they not want to release it on older consoles for this very reason ? that would not be very good performance ? I played it on PC, zero issues, some of my friends had it on newer consoles... zero issues... from my experience it seems like all these problems were people who are still rolling around in old ass setups and complain they can't play the newest stuff.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Didn't they not want to release it on older consoles for this very reason ? that would not be very good performance ? I played it on PC, zero issues, some of my friends had it on newer consoles... zero issues... from my experience it seems like all these problems were people who are still rolling around in old ass setups and complain they can't play the newest stuff.
    It was designed on the old consoles.  It was suppose to launch before the new generation consoles even released.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    It was designed on the old consoles.  It was suppose to launch before the new generation consoles even released.

My guess is that they then started skewing it for the next generation consoles but in doing so they sort of outdid what the older consoles could do and just couldn't balance both of them.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    I still wonder how many of these folks that are all rabid about the game not working right on old consoles even own or bought the game on them?

Bet it is not many if any  >:)

Got to get over it someday right? 
    Mustikos
  • BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

Xodic said:

I won't go into the garbage arguments about "pay disparities" between low level workers and executives as that would undoubtedly get political.

If after the dumpster fire that they launched people are still willing to ever buy a game from them again then we as a species are doomed to failure and disappointment.

I liked Cyberpunk. I can't wait to have another play through once all of the free DLC is complete. As long as they follow through with it I have no problem at all buying their next game.

Same here.
    Mustikos

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Sandmanjw said:
    I still wonder how many of these folks that are all rabid about the game not working right on old consoles even own or bought the game on them?

Bet it is not many if any  >:)

Got to get over it someday right? 
    This can be a form of warfare when certain companies are "not liked". "Liked" companies use their journalism "friends" to change the publics perception negatively without necessarily having just cause. 

a mountain out of a mole hill or add fuel to fire, so to speak.

The damage is done and is hard to recover from. Its the same thing as putting a person on tv suspected of a crime, but later acquitted. In peoples minds they are still criminals regardless of the outcome since people don't follow up on anything. 

Gdemami
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Add to the hate for it not working on the old gens that at the same time there was a shortage of new gen machines for sale when the game released.
    [Deleted User]
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Sovrath said:
    HazenXIII said:

Iselin said:

Played the game from beginning to end on PC 3 times all before patch 1.2... not a single crash. No dumpster fire there.

Translation: "I didn't have any problems with the game. Therefore, problems don't exist with the game."

Makes sense bro.

Except he never said that so "nice try bro."
    Actually what I said is a pretty spot-on translation of his post, guy. It's the #1 thing defenders of the game throw at anyone who criticize it. I own the game, and I don't even have too many complaints at all about the game's performance, which a lot of people seem to be focusing on here.

My complaints are mainly toward the sheer lack of attention to detail regarding basic usability/accessibility... and I don't even mean basic by AAA game standards but even basic indie-level game standards. I mean, did they even usability test/playtest the game? It doesn't have simple options like 'toggle ADS' rather than 'hold to ADS'. Nor does it have the ability to rebind the default interact key (and a host of other keys). Idk about you, but I've played A LOT of games in my day - alphas, betas, early access, indie, AAA, and everything in between, and even alpha versions of most games I've played have had usability options like that. It's even more inexcusable for a AAA company on the caliber of CDPR to fail so hard in that aspect. These are serious problems that are compounded by the other said performance issues a lot of people are having across multiple platforms.
    GdemamiIselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2021
    HazenXIII said:
    Sovrath said:
    HazenXIII said:

Iselin said:

Translation: "I didn't have any problems with the game. Therefore, problems don't exist with the game."

Makes sense bro.

Except he never said that so "nice try bro."
    Actually what I said is a pretty spot-on translation of his post, guy. It's the #1 thing defenders of the game throw at anyone who criticize it. I own the game, and I don't even have too many complaints at all about the game's performance, which a lot of people seem to be focusing on here.

My complaints are mainly toward the sheer lack of attention to detail regarding basic usability/accessibility... and I don't even mean basic by AAA game standards but even basic indie-level game standards. I mean, did they even usability test/playtest the game? It doesn't have simple options like 'toggle ADS' rather than 'hold to ADS'. Nor does it have the ability to rebind the default interact key (and a host of other keys). Idk about you, but I've played A LOT of games in my day - alphas, betas, early access, indie, AAA, and everything in between, and even alpha versions of most games I've played have had usability options like that. It's even more inexcusable for a AAA company on the caliber of CDPR to fail so hard in that aspect. These are serious problems that are compounded by the other said performance issues a lot of people are having across multiple platforms.
    So let me get this straight. Someone (who on a follow up post said he played the game at most 3 hours and ran into one bug) said the game is a "dumpster fire" and I posted saying that I completed it 3 times which clearly implies several hundred hours and it's not remotely close to a "dumpster fire" motivated you to characterize my post as saying there are no bugs and you got called on your bullshit. Now you tell us your issue was with key rebinds not being what you want.

Does that sum it up?

Yeah I'll double down and say that calling it a dumpster fire is pretty lame.

There's nothing unique about my experience. 100s of thousands others playing it on PC or current gen consoles have played it and enjoyed it multiple times.

But that doesn't fit the preferred narrative of some YTers and other dumbasses who mindlessly piled on the hate CP2077 and CDPR bandwagon.

I'm guessing you were hoping this would be one of those bash CP2077 threads and when it didn't work out that way you invented a dumb and transparent strawman version of what I said.

Sorry that also didn't work out for you. Oh wait... I'm not.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Sandmanjw
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Iselin said:

A lynch mob which every gaming journalist was happy to join in with. I hope if nothing else we learn to step back when they give unadulterated praise or sanction about a game.
    Sandmanjw