Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here Are Your WoW Chains of Domination PTR Patch Notes | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageHere Are Your WoW Chains of Domination PTR Patch Notes | MMORPG.com

In case you missed it, Blizzard published Chains of Domination PTR notes for World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion. These notes are pretty extensive and cover off classes, Covenants, PvP, and much, much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    legion lite...very disappointed with this expansion
  • elfdragon21elfdragon21 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited May 2021
    The legendary items in Shadowlands are not that great to be honest, and the passives available to be infused in them are just okay, nothing to get excited over; it's not that great. I guess I kind of expected more. Other than that, I have had a lot of fun with this expansion. Torghast is very enjoyable and I really enjoyed getting to Renown 40, so I am glad they are increasing the Renown cap to 80.
    Post edited by elfdragon21 on
    rkip
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I'm loving this expansion, it feels so completely removed and different from old wow.

I will admit that the legion quests for your classes and mount is still very good content, i've done a few on some of my characters and have enjoyed each one immensely. Where in shadowlands you have the different covenants campaigns and so far so good as we are still in the first phase of this expansion.

I'm playing the high end game now, which omg i love it, i never realized how intricate and integral class knowledge and skill matters after essentially solo'ing the game since launch.

It's PC only, so you can have top shelf content, where eso and ff are essentially solo games you play with other people around and since they are console you can't have hard af content like wow has at the top end.

Best of all a very weak cash shop compared to EQ2, ESO, FFXIV, LOTRO, and no loot boxes!

The game overall has stuck to it's roots more than any other mmorpg with similar success.
    Mustikos
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    xpsync said:

Best of all a very weak cash shop compared to EQ2, ESO, FFXIV, LOTRO, and no loot boxes!

I want to focus on this point right here since it honestly never really gets addressed when the two games are compared. People criticize blizzard for adding a mount to the shop approximately every 3 months and has previously been tied to a 6month sub (although they are changing that now). You can go to FFXIV's site history and see that they update their cash shop EVERY MONTH, yet no one says a word. They even let you rent space which wow never has done, all the while still selling boosts and such like wow. Keep in mind that several cosmetics in FFXIV's cash shop are either gender locked or 1 character only (knights in white will argue 'you can do everything on a single character anyway' and all I'll ask is are you really that stupid?). I wont compare the content between the two games since they both have their own set of issues, but in terms of monetization, SE is FAR worse than Blizzard. The only thing I'll say about SE's greed is that they do re-invest in themselves more so than many companies which is probably why a lot of people give them a pass.
    xpsync
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I left WoW when Lich King came out....I cannot imagine what the top raid gear looks like now compared to then......
    edited May 2021

I left WoW when Lich King came out....I cannot imagine what the top raid gear looks like now compared to then......

Only raids i know that i've done during current content is Castle Nathria and i'm happy to report it ain't no face-roll, seriously keeps one on their toes :)

I've been out doing old content with the guild and get explanations of what it was like and how they worked and looks like i've missed out on some pretty spectacular raids :( Not anymore! :)

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    edited May 2021
    I've heard some changes have been made but not wanting to log in and do torghast was one of the main things that caused me to let my sub lapse for the first time in a while.

I hate getting instagibbed by some random mechanic. Torghast was good for a welling of Nintendo rage some weeks. *edit* I should mention that I am excited for more story. It's been fun and I have always followed through wikis and video when I don't play.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    xpsync said:

Only raids i know that i've done during current content is Castle Nathria and i'm happy to report it ain't no face-roll, seriously keeps one on their toes :)

I've been out doing old content with the guild and get explanations of what it was like and how they worked and looks like i've missed out on some pretty spectacular raids :( Not anymore! :)

Not sure if you did Blackrock Foundry in WoD, but that's still one of my favorites. Alot of people are partial to Siege of Orgrimmar from MoP.

Albatroes said:

xpsync said:

Not sure if you did Blackrock Foundry in WoD, but that's still one of my favorites. Alot of people are partial to Siege of Orgrimmar from MoP.

No, not while it was current, yeah i've been getting some achieves out of SoO doing old content with guild and yeah that place would have been epic af at level along with Blackrock Foundry.

Some games i go all out high end, some games i go all out hard core casual lol :)

Wow up until a couple months ago i had always been the latter, sure i'd do lfg's and on rare occasion do an lfr, it's a deep game for solo players.

Reflecting back on EQ2, SWG, SWL, Classic, and now Retail, it's not me who decides the path i take, it's fate, as all those games i went in and was going to solo, met the right peeps and the rest is history.

I'm not saying that i never did group content in other mmo's lotro, eso, the list never ends, it just happens those ones i met the right people and was able to do the top tier content proper.

Each one i met the right peeps the game completely transformed for the better and ofc because of the "people", not saying casual life isn't as good or the game isn't as good if you don't group, it's just a completely different way to play.

edited May 2021

I've heard some changes have been made but not wanting to log in and do torghast was one of the main things that caused me to let my sub lapse for the first time in a while.

I hate getting instagibbed by some random mechanic. Torghast was good for a welling of Nintendo rage some weeks.

*edit* I should mention that I am excited for more story. It's been fun and I have always followed through wikis and video when I don't play.

I'm feeling you on this as when i was solo'ing, Torghast was just a little too much especially with the one shot and some classes was ok some not so much.

I still enjoyed it to the extent that i was capable, but again getting to the last boss, many lives to spare and all are used up getting obliterated with no possible way of defeating him gave no desire to continue.

Then i joined my boys and yeah got the mount right away Torghast was a hoot, so much fun all of a sudden. Now they are OP >=224 and at that time prolly 218, and other guilds members same level so yeah... carried.

So checking out the new Torghast speed run. I already know the backlash and agree, kinda, as to me it does seem more interesting, and no i never deep dive a system until i can go hands on, i like discovery, figure it out when i get there player.

Anyway had to preface in that i thought my boys would be pumped as it felt aimed at hard hitting players, but surprise, they are confused in that why speed run? These are the guys homing in on a complete M+20's which they don't even have an achievement for yet lmao, so who the fuck is that aimed at right?

For me i reserve judgment till i go hands on, i admit i like some of the ideas, but wasn't a fan of hearing speed run, it's a place i like to really slow down and smell the roses, ok well they are dead roses in Torg but still you get waht i mean :)

and... Yeah i think the story and content has been top shelf and can't wait for more.
    Cuddleheart