Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent Report Indicates CD Projekt RED Execs Will Receive Massive Bonuses Despite Cyberpunk 2077 Lau

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageRecent Report Indicates CD Projekt RED Execs Will Receive Massive Bonuses Despite Cyberpunk 2077 Launch | MMORPG.com

It seems that a buggy launch of Cyberpunk 2077 was not enough to prevent CD Projekt RED executives from being the recipient of substantial bonuses, according to recent reporting from Bloomberg's Jason Schreier.

Read the full story here

Gdemami

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,820
    Bonuses at a senior enough level in many public organisations have little to do with performance, only profit. So even if there were huge issues in the year as long as a profit is made a bonus is to be had. I was not surprised that a director or two did not have his bonus removed, that might have lead to leaks about what had happened which would only make things look bad. Bonuses as normal projects to investors, look it is business as normal, no problems. But what it really says is "whatever the problem was we have done nothing to solve it", I doubt that will be picked up on however.

But this always was a gaming media coverage explosion, which long term was not going to have a huge impact unless they could not turn the problems round. And unsurprisingly they are.
    CryomatrixGdemami
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,068
    Eh, i feel like Jason Schreier is doing his normal reach-arounds on this one.
    BrotherMaynardGdemamiMustikos

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Seems pretty normal to me.

The product went out the door, most bought it without any due diligence/research applied, they raked in the profits. 

Everyone should approach the world like gangsters run it. There are no surprises then. 

WalkinGlenn
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    I won't go into the garbage arguments about "pay disparities" between low level workers and executives as that would undoubtedly get political.

If after the dumpster fire that they launched people are still willing to ever buy a game from them again then we as a species are doomed to failure and disappointment.
    GdemamiIceAgeMustikosYashaX

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

I won't go into the garbage arguments about "pay disparities" between low level workers and executives as that would undoubtedly get political.

If after the dumpster fire that they launched people are still willing to ever buy a game from them again then we as a species are doomed to failure and disappointment.

meh is not like the pc version had any huge problems
    IceAge
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    edited May 2021
    Often the people that reap the benefits are the ones that deserve it the least.
    GdemamiMcSleazMustikos
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Now imagine if those bonuses were instead used to add in cut content from the game....radical concept I know!    :D
    GdemamiLTBKMcSleazIceAgeMustikosYashaX

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I'm going to give you a "nonsense."

At least on PC, the game was fine. Sure some bugs but it was playable and fun for the time I spent.

If I listened to guys like you then nothing would be played as everyone seems to have an opinion as to what is playable and what is not. Heck, there are people who are adamant that skyrim is "unplayable" without mods. Unplayable.

Have played it many times over without a single mod I can attest that's BS.

My thought is that if you are the type to fret over stuff, if some bugs bother you or send you into a tizzy, legitimately or just your own personal taste, then don't buy anything until it's release and there is feedback.

Problem solved.

[Deleted User]IselinGdemami[Deleted User]mcrippinsdefroststarIceAgerojoArcueidSandmanjwTacticalZombehand 2 others.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Played the game from beginning to end on PC 3 times all before patch 1.2... not a single crash. No dumpster fire there.

You got trolled by the lynch mob and you don't even know it.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]McSleazmcrippinsdefroststarIceAgerojoArcueidSandmanjwTacticalZombehBatzenbaerand 2 others.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    I played it zero times because imo it would be a waste of money.I look at what a game can offer me,it offers me nothing i haven't done before just a new skin.
    The industry as a whole has been rehashing the same old new skin over and over.

Playable has NOTHING to do with it for me,i don't want to support crappy effort just because it is playable.

That would be like saying your car you purchased is a complete turd but it is drivable so that makes it ok.You can argue the value changes things,well to me it does not because then you are adding another lame argument that because it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg that makes it ok as well.
    There are MANY people who don't agree at all with Chris Roberts operation but then there are those who will make excuses for the game and it's owner.

Also and likely the most important reasoning is that by supporting crappy effort games yo uare encouraging more of the same and that is EXACTLY what has been happening.
    Some proof of point,SE said NO WAY to remaking older games,now they have remade almost all of them.Blizzard said NO WAY to vanilla WOW then changed their stance and it is ALWAYS 100% about money and NOT about quality of game design.

By no means am i saying that Cyberpunk is the worst game on the planet,not even close.However there is a VERY definitive difference in acceptance and what different peopel want out of a game.Some people are shalow minded they want little just stuff to do and an end to beat and they think that is it.

Why did i mention this ,well because there was a Brit player who dissected a LOT of the gameplay and why it was time after time a LAZY design and lack of design.He made at least 50 to maybe 100 points and that was in only about a 30 minute video.Point being if you play with blinders on and or simply don't care abotu the design and just play it in a shallow minded mode then sure i can see how someone might think the game is pretty good.
    sschruppdefroststarMustikosYashaX

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited May 2021
    Long winded point made short...

Some people have LOW expectations from game design and some have high expectations.
    it is VERY simple psychology,if your expectations are very low then obviously the game doesn't have to be very good to meet them now does it?
    So then the flipside the person with higher expectations.So the obvious argument is THAT person expecting TOO MUCH?NOPE nothing that is not easily doable with effrot and as i already  stated a Brit reviewer pointed out MANY obvious lazy flaws in the game that he expected to be better or even there NOTHJING was too difficult for even an Indie studio to pull off.

The MOST important aspect that we saw EARLY on was PROOF that CDPROJEKT RED was iffy about their own game and WANTED to deceive the public with all the marketing shills.However they SILENCED the shills which just never happens UNLESS they were worried.

This video is a nice vid that kind of goes through the hype and what really goes on like not allowing the people they gave copies to actually comment on the gameplay or game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Oh and did i mention that the team THEMSELVES admitted the game was not released in a proper state or do some people THINK we forget that easily?

They even offered refunds which again we seldom ever see albeit even that lead to some BS as attaining the refunds was not actually setup with their providers so it came off as a sort of BS statement.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    OGTLF is @ 46$ right now , and since 2077 release its down 56% and has shredded 5 Billion in Market Value ..

These guys deserve Nothing ..

The only holders left are the 4 , and they are paying themselves now before its to late...

GdemamiIceAge
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Scorchien said:
    OGTLF is @ 46$ right now , and since 2077 release its down 56% and has shredded 5 Billion in Market Value ..

The only holders left are the 4 , and they are paying themselves now before its to late...

Short sighted view, they release witcher 4, it goes up. If i had money, id put it in there and wait till witchwr 4 comes out
    YashaX
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Scorchien said:

Short sighted view, they release witcher 4, it goes up. If i had money, id put it in there and wait till witchwr 4 comes out

I would not touch it right now ..

And have investment in near every Pub/Dev house you can name...

GdemamiSandmanjw
    Scorchien said:

If they had it in the pipeline and they released it, it would sell like gangbusters.

Also, to some earlier points "yes" it didn't release in a state that was great, especially for last gen consoles.

I don't think anyone is disputing that.

But I'm not a big believer in throwing out the baby with the bathwater and don't like the idea of joining mobs with pitchforks because some experiences were far less than good.

I wouldn't pat them on the back for the whole thing but it would be disingenuous to say that my experience wasn't fine. 

As far as these execs making money. Well, as someone already said, the game made money and it's in their contract to make a bonus depending on how much the company makes in profit.

Just like if someone messes up at work but still does their 40 hours, they are going to get paid. It's just a bit more weighty at the higher levels of an organization.
    SandmanjwMustikos

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Torval said:
    Iselin said:

Played the game from beginning to end on PC 3 times all before patch 1.2... not a single crash. No dumpster fire there.

I think it's fair to say the game didn't turn out like the lead up marketing sold it. The console lies were total bullshit. Overall though it's fine, offers its own experience, and has its fans. Nothing wrong with that.

The people still outraged either got totally trolled, are trolling, or just loves taking it out on the other team.

This article comes across as total clickbait, like it's some outrageous surprise corporate execs are getting massive disproportionate bonuses despite all else. It is probably easier and quicker to number, on one hand, the cases where this isn't happening.
    The hype was definitely over the top. Both the marketing hype and the one that existed in the public's imagination. And CDPR definitely engaged in some sleaze with their review footage embargo and outlandish claims that it ran well on the previous gen consoles.

There were bugs on PC too of course but nothing game breaking and the total experience was deliberately mischaracterized for clicks with cherry picked bugs for yucks.

This is nothing new when a game, any game, becomes the streamer mob's target.

And as far as performance bonuses go, the disparity between top execs and worker bees is the way it is and a lot of political capital is spent to keep it that way. At least in this case the bees got some, meagre as the sum may be compared to the top. Trickling bonuses down to the workers does not always happen.
    [Deleted User]SandmanjwYashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

They got a huge infusion of cash at the cost of reputation. 

The reputation is important, but pc gamers are fickle as hell, look at the outrage at blizzard, stock went down,  then came back up. 

I stand by my belief that the stock is undervalued based of emotional actions instead of reality. 
    YashaX
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

The reputation is important, but pc gamers are fickle as hell, look at the outrage at blizzard, stock went down,  then came back up. 

I stand by my belief that the stock is undervalued based of emotional actions instead of reality. 

I know exactly , what has happened , and i told yas in Dec that i spoke to some of the hvy hitters involved and that they were pulling out , and now near all the public has pulled out whats left is owned by them selves ..

The bleeding has not stopped and will not , W4 is no where on the horizon , they are in trouble ..

Would not surprise me if Tencent owns them in 10 months ..
    CryomatrixGdemamiSandmanjw
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161

Iselin said:

Translation: "I didn't have any problems with the game. Therefore, problems don't exist with the game."

Makes sense bro.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

HazenXIII said:

Iselin said:

Translation: "I didn't have any problems with the game. Therefore, problems don't exist with the game."

Makes sense bro.

I mean .. on Steam ( PC, so you can understand ) is like : Mostly Positive (361,335) . On PC, believe it or not, things were and are pretty smooth and the guy you quoted, clearly stated that he played it on PC.

The "mobs" crying out loud ( like you ), are under the impression that Cyberpunk 2077 has (had) the same problems on all platforms. Erm, wrong. Just on old consoles ( PS4/Xbox One ) mostly, but I understand why you might think .. otherwise. Even on this very website ( mmorpg.com ) you could read pathetic titles and "News" in the past about the game, that even I, after I read them I was like "Is this real? I remember a friend playing on PC and had no problems!". But somehow .. they pretty much failed to let their readers know, that they are talking (mostly), about the console version of the game.

After like at least several articles, they started to say at the end of the "News" : Oh ... yea, we keep forgetting to say ... but we are talking, mostly, about old console version of the game.

So yea, this guys are guilty for spreading out lies.

But wait, what's this? The game was very buggy and outright broken on almost all platforms, . They are doing it ...yet again. PC version was NOT very buggy and outright borken. WTF?! I mean yea, there are bugs .......... at the start of a new game. Amazing .. right? /facepalm

This...Poorna guy is one of the worst News Writer I've ever read. I miss the Old Crew.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/new/

130,000+ people playing it and enjoying it and not bothering with the troll subreddit.

MustikosScot

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

HazenXIII said:

Iselin said:

Makes sense bro.

Except he never said that so "nice try bro."
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]Mustikos

Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

I know exactly , what has happened , and i told yas in Dec that i spoke to some of the hvy hitters involved and that they were pulling out , and now near all the public has pulled out whats left is owned by them selves ..

The bleeding has not stopped and will not , W4 is no where on the horizon , they are in trouble ..

Would not surprise me if Tencent owns them in 10 months ..

You know what bro, im just guessing, you are in the know. The chances i am wrong are much higher than your chance to be wrong.

Thanks for clarification.
    Gdemami
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2021
    The people who keep complaining about CP2077 are missing one fine detail, last gen is just too old for this game. My current PC is ever so slightly newer than my base model PS4 and it runs it almost worse than the console, both running the game on an SSD.

A newer PC runs the game just fine, and PS5/Series X run the game just fine via backwards compatibility. That makes it clear that PS4 and XB One's CPUs are just too old to properly run this game and it also was clearly made to be run on an SSD. It will never get fully fixed on those older systems without making the game look like minecraft.

Everything freezes in the game on an HDD and that is the nature of modern, very demanding games. Even Destiny and Division freeze on regular HDDs. No matter how many patches release, PS4/XBOne users will not see any major improvements unless users run the game on an SSD and it still remains in the 25fps range because of the Jaguar CPU and almost 10 year old GPU, just like it runs on my old PC.

Once PS4/XBOne users get the free upgrade to next gen, the game is going to run just fine for us, just like people who upgrade their PCs. That's what i'm waiting for.

Gdemami