Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Dev Live Stream Today at 2p ET | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Dev Live Stream Today at 2p ET | MMORPG.com

Here's a quick PSA: the newest Ashes of Creation live stream is scheduled for later today at 11a PDT / 2p EDT. You can expect to catch the latest development updates from the community team in addition to the usual Q&A.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited April 2021
    These guys clearly don't have an alpha on their hands or anything, time to chew some more chat.
    [Deleted User]Blastoize
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Scot said:

These guys clearly don't have an alpha on their hands or anything, time to chew some more chat.

The knights in white are suiting up and getting ready to defend. Be careful.
    BruceYeeScotHaki88Blastoize[Deleted User]
  • GeoDude89GeoDude89 Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Why are you still giving this clown free advertisement on your site? This game is one of the biggest scams I've ever seen and yet you continually give him a platform on which to sell his snake oil.

Honestly, Poorna Shanker and mmorpg.com ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    Haki88Blastoize
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    GeoDude89 said:
    Why are you still giving this clown free advertisement on your site? This game is one of the biggest scams I've ever seen and yet you continually give him a platform on which to sell his snake oil.

Perhaps you are confusing Ashes with Chronicles of Elyria?

ScotMikehaMcSleaz

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited May 2021
    Kyleran said:
    GeoDude89 said:

We are all still shell shocked after what happened at CoE, but to start using terms like "scam" for every CF MMO that is taking ages to come out is going way too far. If you were to ask me "do you think another CF MMO may go belly up?" I would say quite possibly, but pointing the finger at them all gets us no where.
    Kyleran
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Is it scam? I dont think so. Is it money grabbing game which is not even game atm? Yes. When people compare them with star citizen i dont blame them because they do same thing as them, game is not even released, delayed 3+ years, selling jpgs and hyping people up and at the same time steven says hype is bad -.-

For this stream, people got excited for 2 new bosses which is same boss but different location.

Also yesterday 1 official stream and 10 stream snipers streaming same exact thing hahahaha pathetic :)
    BlastoizeScot
  • BlastoizeBlastoize Member UncommonPosts: 22
    More time, more hype, more money. They are going to finish game but question is when. At beggining it all sounded perfect but 3 months later as we got more and more informations about game everyone could see it is restricted as hell. I dont think people will stay and continue playing this game after 2-3 months or when their sub from pack is gone.

I dont mind cosmetics but they really gone too far with it. Cant wait for lazypeon review 2 months after game is released, i think hes going to need 2 min just to list cons.
    Jippiijoo
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    They claim to have over 200 quests... siege battles.. ect... Sounds like a game is coming by? the skill animation are looking a bit better...
    Overall it seems like it will fail because i dont get what makes it special, but doesnt seem like a scam.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

rensta said:

They claim to have over 200 quests... siege battles.. ect... Sounds like a game is coming by? the skill animation are looking a bit better...

Overall it seems like it will fail because i dont get what makes it special, but doesnt seem like a scam.

Dude, they ruined whole mmorpg with restrictions. You have restricted player to player trade, trade or what they call caravan, auction, stats are not 100% from gear etc it is not scam but game is just for money grabbing nothing else.

Blastoize said:

rensta said:

Dude, they ruined whole mmorpg with restrictions. You have restricted player to player trade, trade or what they call caravan, auction, stats are not 100% from gear etc it is not scam but game is just for money grabbing nothing else.

I dont get how does these function contribute into money grabbing? Stats not 100% from gear sounds less like pay to win? Runescape also has limited trade to limit gold farmers and hackers ruining the economy. A limited economy is more friendly to the player and less scams can happen there and its harder to break it.... Anyway... It just seems like you hate these features ... But that does not make it a money grabbing game...
    Or maybe you can clarify more in depth how you came to that conclusion.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This the most impressive mmorpg currently in development. It checks all the boxes for what a true mmorpg should be.
    Kyleran

rensta said:

Blastoize said:

rensta said:

I dont get how does these function contribute into money grabbing? Stats not 100% from gear sounds less like pay to win? Runescape also has limited trade to limit gold farmers and hackers ruining the economy. A limited economy is more friendly to the player and less scams can happen there and its harder to break it.... Anyway... It just seems like you hate these features ... But that does not make it a money grabbing game...

Money grabbing:

They fully funded game and still opened kickstarter.

After kickstart finished they opened webshop for cosmetics which is fine but to have at this day over 400 cosmetics and game is still in alpha is insane. You wont find any game company selling over 400 cosmetics for game which is in alpha.

Game is delayed over 3 years, reason? Unknown, but if we look how they pack alpha keys with 500$+ mark there is no questions it is delayed for money grabbing. And they will open alpha packs again!

If anyone say, you know you cant make mmorpg in 1 year they need time and that person is right but if you go to their kickstarter they Interpid put estimation 1 year. Estimation is estimation but they still put 1 year. From beggining till today its over 4+ years and game is still in alpha.

For restrictions i mention, if we look things above (which are true, you can easily check it) they are there for reason. Why not make mmorpg as mmorpg but instead restrict many features so people can very slowly progress and pay 15$ a month. Why cant you simply buy item from auction but instead you need to waste probably 15-30 or more min depend where auction item is located so you can spend more time ingame.

Every month new cosmetics and i mean jpgs, there are even comments on reddit about some mount which was in livestream and people are not happy to see that model is not exact as jpg they sold.

Also every livestream we see simple things. In this livestream we saw new boss. 1 monster and thats it. We also saw trebuchet, another model, he didnt fire with it just showed model.

Q&A is scripted. Every livestream most of questions is about shop, cosmetics, things they already have. Where are questions like:

Why game is delayed

Are we gonna see prices only for alpha/beta?

If steven said hype is bad then why he have content creators who are doing 0 job because there is nothing else to show it and doing nothing to prevent official content creators for restreaming whole thing over and over again? And why allow these people to spam subreddit with useless and nothing new videos?

Why hire CM team for freaking alpha?

Release date?

Why game have so many restrictions?

Why 2 versions of website, years of waiting and backend is nothing. 3 support tickets, 2 different answers??

If i have ship why i cant start sailing from anywhere i want?

Why did you introduced useless monster coin feature?

Why do you have another useless feature like corrupt system if friend of corrupted player kills him, he gets his items. What kind of prevention of killing players in open world is that?

There are tons and tons of questions..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Kyleran said:

GeoDude89 said:

I used to get confused by the two lol.It isn't hard with my already sketchy memory plus the fact that if i am not THAT interested in the product it is easy to forget.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Blastoize said:

rensta said:

Blastoize said:

rensta said:

Money grabbing:

They fully funded game and still opened kickstarter.

After kickstart finished they opened webshop for cosmetics which is fine but to have at this day over 400 cosmetics and game is still in alpha is insane. You wont find any game company selling over 400 cosmetics for game which is in alpha.

Game is delayed over 3 years, reason? Unknown, but if we look how they pack alpha keys with 500$+ mark there is no questions it is delayed for money grabbing. And they will open alpha packs again!

If anyone say, you know you cant make mmorpg in 1 year they need time and that person is right but if you go to their kickstarter they Interpid put estimation 1 year. Estimation is estimation but they still put 1 year. From beggining till today its over 4+ years and game is still in alpha.

For restrictions i mention, if we look things above (which are true, you can easily check it) they are there for reason. Why not make mmorpg as mmorpg but instead restrict many features so people can very slowly progress and pay 15$ a month. Why cant you simply buy item from auction but instead you need to waste probably 15-30 or more min depend where auction item is located so you can spend more time ingame.

Every month new cosmetics and i mean jpgs, there are even comments on reddit about some mount which was in livestream and people are not happy to see that model is not exact as jpg they sold.

Also every livestream we see simple things. In this livestream we saw new boss. 1 monster and thats it. We also saw trebuchet, another model, he didnt fire with it just showed model.

Q&A is scripted. Every livestream most of questions is about shop, cosmetics, things they already have. Where are questions like:

Why game is delayed

Are we gonna see prices only for alpha/beta?

If steven said hype is bad then why he have content creators who are doing 0 job because there is nothing else to show it and doing nothing to prevent official content creators for restreaming whole thing over and over again? And why allow these people to spam subreddit with useless and nothing new videos?

Why hire CM team for freaking alpha?

Release date?

Why game have so many restrictions?

Why 2 versions of website, years of waiting and backend is nothing. 3 support tickets, 2 different answers??

If i have ship why i cant start sailing from anywhere i want?

Why did you introduced useless monster coin feature?

Why do you have another useless feature like corrupt system if friend of corrupted player kills him, he gets his items. What kind of prevention of killing players in open world is that?

There are tons and tons of questions..

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Add Multi-Quote