Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing During the Pandemic? May 2021 Edition | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWhat Are You Playing During the Pandemic? May 2021 Edition | MMORPG.com

It's a pretty weird and unsettling time in this world of ours right now. With many of us hunkering down at home, things can get downright boring at times. Fortunately, if you're someone who enjoys videogames, you likely have a backlog of games to play through or even some new titles to play in the coming days and weeks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    I am pkaying Smite and Scavengers atm.
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    outriders bang bang
    sto ship fighting is fun
    eso so much to do build a house etc

looking foward to swords of leagends and biomutant
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Playing FF Arr getting all my crafting jobs to Max.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Conan Exiles.
    Tried playing Gears 5...meh.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Monster Hunter Rise
    LotRO (again, after the nice article ;) )
    Marvel Avengers

And eyeing Gnosia, it sounds amazing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• JenasydeJenasyde Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Cyberpunk, and also I've been playing some games with my Nephew, Godfall, GTAV & StarWars Battlefront 2. Since he never had a PS4 he bought these games to play on his PS5 so since I have them too I figured I'd play them with him. It's been a blast!!! He always gets me laughing when we play games together. So it makes it even more fun! I'm planning on playing the new Ratchet & Clank game on the PS5 when it comes out in June, & I'm planning on getting Tokyo Ghostwire & Stray when they come out. I'm a big fan of Cyberpunk Style Games!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2021
    arghh

Kyleran
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Jenasyde said:
    Cyberpunk, and also I've been playing some games with my Nephew, Godfall, GTAV & StarWars Battlefront 2. Since he never had a PS4 he bought these games to play on his PS5 so since I have them too I figured I'd play them with him. It's been a blast!!! He always gets me laughing when we play games together. So it makes it even more fun! I'm planning on playing the new Ratchet & Clank game on the PS5 when it comes out in June, & I'm planning on getting Tokyo Ghostwire & Stray when they come out. I'm a big fan of Cyberpunk Style Games!

Play this with your nephew , you can thank me later ..

you only need one copy btw ..
    https://www.ea.com/games/it-takes-two
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited May 2021
    I've got no problem with the "times" we live in, but I do find it weird and unsettling to know people play a rotation of 3, 5 or more games in a short time span.

It's as if they can't find any they really enjoy, almost like they are endlessly wandering the desert seeking a game to enjoy.

Now me, still playing ESO but coming up on month 3 I'm not sure I'll continue much longer, probably time to start searching for the next "one" game to play.

Cheers, see you all in June.
    [Deleted User]GilcroixScot[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    A lot of good games on discount atm. Been debating on if I should pick up Neir: Replicant at full price. Kaine's voice actress is so good. Just something about a woman swearing like a sailor.
    [Deleted User]
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Went back to Lord of the Rings Online to do the new Bilbo Baggins Adventures and am now working through Mirkwood I got during the 99 pt sale last year for the deeds.
    Viper482seraphis79Po_gg

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Live streaming Greedfall and putting up Platinum video guides for it. Also, playing WOW, getting ready for the pre-patch.
    Cryomatrix

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Kyleran said:
    I've got no problem with the "times" we live in, but I do find it weird and unsettling to know people play a rotation of 3, 5 or more games in a short time span.

It's as if they can't find any they really enjoy, almost like they are endlessly wandering the desert seeking a game to enjoy.

Now me, still playing ESO but coming up on month 3 I'm not sure I'll continue much longer, probably time to start searching for the next "one" game to play.

Cheers, see you all in June.

Good luck on your journey!
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    WoW
    Valheim
    MLB: The Show 21
    Outriders
    The Witcher

More than 5 hours recently on each of those, but I also just hopped on Sea of Thieves for a couple hours.

Cryomatrix
  • Treker02Treker02 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Black Desert online
  • MICROS74MICROS74 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Guild Wars 2 this whole time
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    No MMOs. Playing some Skyrim, CP2077, Last Epoch, Diablo 3 and Civ V... always Civ V. I have thousands of hours in it. It's like my solitaire by this point :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Kingdom come deliverance. I really like it and i never could get into story games, but this one is good. 

Also some starcraft 2 and somewhat path of exile. 

If sovrath reads this, i think he'd love kingdom come deliverance. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Minion Master. Exiles.
  • killerkramkillerkram Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, Star Citizen
  • ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Double post. /markforremoval
  • AerisLuneAerisLune Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Destiny 2, Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns, Cyberpunk 2077, League of Legends

Looking forward to PSO2: New Genesis in June :D
  • BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Still playing League of Maidens.
    Next Weekend Elion CBT
    and 16.05. Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2021
    It's kinda telling a lot that not one MMORPG is on Mike's list...

My pick of poison is LotRO as well, both the new -fun but short- Bilbo story like Nebless (FYI, if skipped so far, for a few more days still can grab it for free with the coupon code, hurry :) ), and also the anniversary event.
    Kyleran said:
    Can be multiple reasons as Tzervo said, and it ain't even just the "times we live in", for instance I'm a hopper since... ever, I believe?
    I mean, I've played 2 MUDs and a MUSH parallel in the '90s...

My own reason is the opposite of
    Kyleran said:
    I've found several I really enjoy, so I need to "timeshare" among them, 1-2( maybe 3) months in one, then the next, etc.
    Times we live in, the post-f2p era, it's easier to hop since I can log in to any of my games, while I'm subbing/"main"ing one.

Also, the "see you in June", as I noticed I rarely hop at the end of month, usually games have events and updates somewhere in the middle.

Like, I've played CO in the first half of April, until the end of the Foxbat event,
    then hopped to LotRO for a month, anniversary is two more weeks so my month will expire in mid-May.
    Which is fortunate timing, then I'll hop over to AoC since their anniversary will be towards the end of May - unless Funcom forgets it, wouldn't be a first.
    (since Nebless like AoC, probably he'll go there as well, after the Bilbo mission chain :) )
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • Lord_FiqLord_Fiq Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Me just Second Galaxy. Its a mobile and PC crossplayable 3D space mmo that gives freedom of movement and it already keeps me busy enough for my casual gaming.