Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdoms of Elyria Previews Milestone 2 - But Fails to Convince 'Chronicles' Community | MMORPG.com

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

Let me do a more concrete test...

Is SBS a bunch of criminals?

*shake shake*

Intro to Magic 8-Ball  Learn how to build apps Magic 8-Ball

I rest my case.

Lawsuit that is most likely dead in the water against SBS and Esolla. 
    Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.

I have the same as you, but I believe the lawsuit will not go anwhere, you guys might like to circlejerk about the dream of sending Caspian to jail or some such stuff but in reality it'll amount to zilch. 

You guys bought into a crowdfund/KS there's always a risk of it falling or the like, sueing because of that is laughable imo. 

Failure is one thing; failure by choice or by design or by misrepresentation is another thing entirely.  The Producers, anyone?

You would have to prove that Caspian knowingly designed to fail... 

I would hope that is one goal of the ongoing lawsuit.

It was all a lie right from the start. There was no way 900k from kickstarter was going to get them the game they described in the timeframe they promised.

They misrepresented what they could make, took 8 million dollars in total over 4 years, when they had to know there was no way they could deliver and even had a sale 2 weeks before he shut down the company then walked it back.

The entire project is misrepresentation, lies, and fraud. Blind people could see this for what it is. The only people who can't are delusional. 

It's just sad that someone would defend Soulbound for ripping all these people off.

You would have to prove that it was a scam or that there was intentions to defraud customers. 
    They lied, took millions of dollars and delivered nothing.

What they did is the literal definition of a scam.

How about you prove that it isn't a scam.
    Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.

I have the same as you, but I believe the lawsuit will not go anwhere, you guys might like to circlejerk about the dream of sending Caspian to jail or some such stuff but in reality it'll amount to zilch. 

You guys bought into a crowdfund/KS there's always a risk of it falling or the like, sueing because of that is laughable imo. 

Failure is one thing; failure by choice or by design or by misrepresentation is another thing entirely.  The Producers, anyone?

It was all a lie right from the start. There was no way 900k from kickstarter was going to get them the game they described in the timeframe they promised.

They misrepresented what they could make, took 8 million dollars in total over 4 years, when they had to know there was no way they could deliver and even had a sale 2 weeks before he shut down the company then walked it back.

The entire project is misrepresentation, lies, and fraud. Blind people could see this for what it is. The only people who can't are delusional. 

It's just sad that someone would defend Soulbound for ripping all these people off.

You would have to prove that it was a scam or that there was intentions to defraud customers. 

That isn't how it works, you have to prove that it is a scam.  That's how courts work, the person suing have to prove there case and not the defending to prove the negative. 
    Gdemami
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited April 2021
    I think the suit only asks for their money back from Xsolla and Soulbound. It is not about fraud and proving that though. There is a contractual obligation on the part of Xsolla to give refunds if the game is not delivered.

All persons in the world who purchased downloadable content for Chronicles of Elyria from Soulbound Studios and Xsolla within the last four (4) years, requested a refund where no game content had been delivered, and did not receive a refund
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

kitarad said:
    I think the suit only asks for their money back from Xsolla and Soulbound. It is not about fraud and proving that though. There is a contractual obligation on the part of Xsolla to give refunds if the game is not delivered.

All persons in the world who purchased downloadable content for Chronicles of Elyria from Soulbound Studios and Xsolla within the last four (4) years, requested a refund where no game content had been delivered, and did not receive a refund

Isn't there a grace/cut off period though 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    no
    [Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

I don't see any reason why there should not be a grace period, it is just the length of time you could reasonably expect that to extend. And we are way, way past that.
    Gdemami
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

I don't see any reason why there should not be a grace period, it is just the length of time you could reasonably expect that to extend. And we are way, way past that.

Yeah, imo if you've put money in say 2014 and then expect a refund in 2021 that seems a big stretch. 

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Yeah, imo if you've put money in say 2014 and then expect a refund in 2021 that seems a big stretch. 

Yeah, imo if you've put money in say 2014 and then expect a refund in 2021, not only should you get it, but you should also probably get extra compensation for emotional distress and damages for being lied to for all those years.
    I mean, since neither you or I are a lawyer, y'know ?

Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Well, unfortunately for you, the Xsolla language did not refer to your opinion on refunds.  It simply stated that refunds could be had until the game/item was delivered. Caspien thought he was covered with his No Refunds language but he fucked himself when his TOS said that the TOS of 3rd party providers would supersede his own. 
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Well, unfortunately for you, the Xsolla language did not refer to your opinion on refunds.  It simply stated that refunds could be had until the game/item was delivered. Caspien thought he was covered with his No Refunds language but he fucked himself when his TOS said that the TOS of 3rd party providers would supersede his own. 

We shall see how this failure of a lawsuit goes. 
    IselinGdemami

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

That isn't how it works, you have to prove that it is a scam.  That's how courts work, the person suing have to prove there case and not the defending to prove the negative. 
    I just did. They lied, took millions of dollars and delivered nothing.

How is that not a scam?

Oh that not how it works huh? So you can't prove it's not a scam, because it obviously is. I'm not suing anyone, I'm not a lawyer or judge, I'm just on a forum asking you to prove how this is not a scam when it clearly is the literal definition of one.

Explain how this is not a scam. Explain how this is legit.

Did you get anything for the money you put it? No? Then they took it. Lied and you got nothing. 

Yeah totally not a scam.

[Deleted User]Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    werent they doing a mud at first as well? Or a voxel game

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    werent they doing a mud at first as well? Or a voxel game
    Yes to both and nothing of worth ever came out of any of their efforts.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Torval said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Are you connected with SBS in any way? Have you been gifted or granted anything from Walsh or SBS? Do you have a vested interest in SBS in any way?
    He spent a lot of money, he's at the Duke level at least, there was a post on reddit recently where he listed what he had, like 37 sparks or something, and a bunch of other stuff but it's since been removed, probably considered as TMI.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited April 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Are you connected with SBS in any way? Have you been gifted or granted anything from Walsh or SBS? Do you have a vested interest in SBS in any way?
    He spent a lot of money, he's at the Duke level at least, there was a post on reddit recently where he listed what he had, like 37 sparks or something, and a bunch of other stuff but it's since been removed, probably considered as TMI.

He "won" the title by getting people to purchase and give him tokens for the "Free Kingdom of Elyria" contest.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23265/The-Free-Kingdom-of-Elyria-Comes-to-an-End

That probably provides some color to why his take on this new "Kingdoms of Elyria" game differs from most other backers and followers.

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    [Deleted User]Gdemami[Deleted User]

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    He "won" the title by getting people to purchase and give him tokens for the "Free Kingdom of Elyria" contest.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23265/The-Free-Kingdom-of-Elyria-Comes-to-an-End

That probably provides some color to why his take on this new "Kingdoms of Elyria" game differs from most other backers and followers.

So basically a long time Caspian enabler... makes sense.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran[Deleted User]Gdemami[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2021
    Iselin said:

So basically a long time Caspian enabler... makes sense.
    To be fair guys, there must be Dukes backing the lawsuit, I don't think putting money in means you are going to necessarily hold a pro or anti stance here. We could as easily say that putting a lot of money in would have you ranting against Walsh on here and elsewhere.

But I am not sure how you could see the lawsuit as a joke, Walsh from his actions clearly takes it very seriously even if it is aimed at Xsolla.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

That post hasn't been removed. 

Zultra said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Hmm, perhaps not easily visible because of reddits annoying habit / setting of rolling up down voted threads.

Kyleran said:
    Zultra said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Scot said:
    Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Zultra said:
    kitarad said:

Hmm, perhaps not easily visible because of reddits annoying habit / setting of rolling up down voted threads.

Yeah true, also it's under a deleted post, some guy asked me to private bank details to prove that I have those things, so I instantly reported him. 
    Kyleran

edited April 2021
    I dunno guys, can't see branding folks as paid shills just because they received free stuff in the past, though I can agree they probably are more positive than the folks who laid down ten or twenty grand.

Likely every King spent some amount of their own cash just to reach that tier or to get their kingdom off to a good start during the planned three month headstart period.

Besides, Jeremy is too broke to pay off anyone these days.

;)

Scot

Kyleran said:
    I dunno guys, can't see branding folks as paid shills just because they received free stuff in the past, though I can agree they probably are more positive than the folks who laid down ten or twenty grand.

Likely every King spent some amount of their own cash just to reach that tier or to get their kingdom off to a good start during the planned three month headstart period.

;)

Sure.   I just see it along the lines of:  Guy who paid $10,000 real life money and got nothing is going to have a different take on this than a Guy who "won" a Duke account.

[Deleted User]Gdemami

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:

;)

Sure.   I just see it along the lines of:  Guy who paid $10,000 real life money and got nothing is going to have a different take on this than a Guy who "won" a Duke account.

In sciences, that would be identified as a bias, something that influences one's thinking on a subject.  In this particular case, a $10,000 bias.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Hey tomorrow happens to be the end of May. Any word on whether Caspien is releasing his previously delayed and dramatically feature reduced "Alpha" for this thing tomorrow? Or is he just going to miss again?

I don't think we have heard from him since his hard hitting update on "Animal AI" 3 weeks ago...

edited May 2021
    Looks like another miss so far.