Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Elite Dangerous Pilot Travels To Farthest Point Away From Sol - All Without A Fuel Scoop | MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageAn Elite Dangerous Pilot Travels To Farthest Point Away From Sol - All Without A Fuel Scoop | MMORPG.com

We're used to the exploits of space-faring adventurers in MMOs, and this pilot has done something worth the record books in Elite Dangerous. One pilot has made a voyage just shy of 85,000 light years. The catch? They did it without a fuel scoop.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DaphonicDaphonic Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Your Reddit link, goes to his logbook.

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    UNBELIEVEABLE
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2021
    Awesome. It is still possible to find difficult things to do in MMO games, you just have to decide to do them yourselves, you can't rely on the game to give you anything truly difficult to do at all.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    edited April 2021
    even thu it worded as amazing it not, anyone can do this easy.

" This involved using independent carriers "

he used other players fleet carriers to refuel, so in essence just a fuel scoop with extra steps, now if he found a way to do it without outside help? then yes, put that in a record books as amazing.

as it is now, i can post i went twice is far in starter ship with help from " independent carriers " would that be post worthy? or just tedious.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]StarWarrior957

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Yeah, the title suggest that they did it without having to refuel. A bit misleading.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited April 2021
    tzervo said:

Jamar870 said:
    Yeah, the title suggest that they did it without having to refuel. A bit misleading.

It is, but if I'm reading it right...other players assisted him or are we talking NPCs? Either way, it sounds like this guy spent a lot of extra time to accomplish this so....

Fleet carriers are operated by other players.
    Imho if he'd managed to travel from player to player to refuel, then it'd be somewhat impressive achievement.

But based on reading the logbook a bit, he had at least one other player who traveled specifically to his location to refuel him. What he tried was an interesting endeavour, but I don't think it qualifies as impressive achievement.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    jimmywolf said:
    even thu it worded as amazing it not, anyone can do this easy.

" This involved using independent carriers "

he used other players fleet carriers to refuel, so in essence just a fuel scoop with extra steps, now if he found a way to do it without outside help? then yes, put that in a record books as amazing.

as it is now, i can post i went twice is far in starter ship with help from " independent carriers " would that be post worthy? or just tedious.
    It is a feat because it needed the community to do it. To fly all that way without fuel would have been impossible, but the media likes to dramatize so they are not going to remove the "without fuel scoop" bit.