Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bahahaha WoW douche banned

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2021
    While his behavior is disturbing, even more concerning is the fact he appears to have a significant following who enjoy watching his antics. Smh
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I don't know, this guy sounds like a piece of work.

One one hand, if it's a pvp server or pvp area then sure, he should be able to do this but he should also be attackable.

But if he's just screwing with people because he gets his jollies from it then he's sort of trash.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2021
    You can only do whatever the developer has put in place.So it tells me Blizzard didn't do a very good job with their game but instead laid the foundation for a toxic environment.
    Oh they will gladly sell you 16 accounts because obviously you can play 16 players ,there would be no cheating at all.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

Gotta love it,multiple accounts is not agaisnt our user agreement BUT,wtf do they think someone with 16 accounts is doing,why do they allow that garbage to begin wity 

Supporting Blizzard is like supporting Monsanto.

KidRiskmmolou

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    That doesn't even scratch the bot problem in classic.
    [Deleted User]ILLISET

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Kyleran said:
    While his behavior is disturbing, even more concerning is the fact he appears to have a significant following who enjoy watching his antics. Smh
    May be they are traumatized PvE players who got ganked in the game enjoying the payback :D  (I am joking okay these days you need to clarify this).
    Kyleran

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 119
    There is nothing wrong with what he does.  Blizzard doesn't ban gold farmers, sellers, buyers but they ban a dude who is uniquely skillful at thr game and can play 20 accounts at the same time.  

Yes he should not have offered not killing someone for money but that is more of a twitch tos breach.  Wow just wanted to ban him because he's showing a significant problem with the game that they refuse to fix. 
    IselinKyleran
    Systematic grieving is lols. The horde on that server grief in the same way tk the same extent it just takes them twice as many people to do it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Kyleran said:

Him and his followers seem like a study case for psychiatrists to me.
    Anyone spending so much time just to ruin other people's time in a video game can't be completely mentally sane.

You could use any PvP based MMO for this though. Griefing isn't unique to a small streamer on classic wow.
    Wargfoot said:
    ILLISET said:
    There is nothing wrong with what he does.  Blizzard doesn't ban gold farmers, sellers, buyers but they ban a dude who is uniquely skillful at thr game and can play 20 accounts at the same time.  

Yes he should not have offered not killing someone for money but that is more of a twitch tos breach.  Wow just wanted to ban him because he's showing a significant problem with the game that they refuse to fix. 
    He wasn't banned for being skillful.
    He was banned for griefing world buff sites.

I'm not sure where the line is because I am an advocate of open world  - pretty much anything goes PvP - however; even I have to recognize that there are players that don't really add anything to the community.  I'm in favor of a #$%@! player clauses in EULAs to the effect that if you're just a nuisance you can be banned.

I'd be the first to admit that is a very difficult line to draw.

That said, a well made PvP title shouldn't allow for multi-boxing, shouldn't have levels, and shouldn't have mandatory choke points while leveling.   So I'm going to dump a big steaming pile of blame on WoW design.

If I ran WoW I'd be looking for guys like this to permanently ban.
    I'd want them off ruining competing titles.

Everybody in the damn game, especially on that server, griefs world buffed sites. I play on that server lol.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  Virtually everyone in thr game tries to do what he does but they aren't as good at it as him.  Game design flaw?  Absolutely.  Other than his rmt situation, he did nothing wrong. 
    Kyleran
    If you ran WoW I'd suggest you concentrate in Chinese gold farmers and gold sellers rather than pvpers.  You obviously don't play this game, at least not on the level I do, or you would understand. 
    Kyleran
    Also, 99% of his followers were the horde, the people he was grieving lol.  You all literally have no idea what you are talking about and it makes me realize that when people read news articles about anything they form their opinion off of zero information and are normally equally as wrong as you all lol 
    Kyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Torval said:
    Multi-boxing shouldn't be allowed in a game like this period. That alone should be worth a perma-ban on all their accounts. Disruptive behavior with the intent (shown on their stream) to ruin the game play environment is enough in itself. No sympathy and they're not going far enough to deal with this or the bot issue.
    Multi-boxing and bots are an absolute plague on this game.
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]ILLISETCrystallineNM

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Blizzard could have easily fixed this problem by making certain buff that can't be dispelled. People like him are the reason I had stopped playing so long ago. Sure there are some really great people playing but more often than not you are going to run into the shitty ones.

Just because he thinks it is funny does not mean everyone should be forced to agree.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Nilden
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Kyleran said:
    It's not even out of the ordinary for people to want to watch crap like this. There was a streamer (who got banned eventually) that had a steady smaller viewership who just ruined games of high level league of legends and streamed himself just throwing. For some reason people wanted to watch that, I have absolutely no idea why. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kyleran said:
    It's not even out of the ordinary for people to want to watch crap like this. There was a streamer (who got banned eventually) that had a steady smaller viewership who just ruined games of high level league of legends and streamed himself just throwing. For some reason people wanted to watch that, I have absolutely no idea why. 
    Well I have no idea why anyone would watch run of the mill streamers playing a game, but it seems to be a big thing now.

People are so weird these days.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    tzervo said:
    Soybean said:
    Blizzard could have easily fixed this problem by making certain buff that can't be dispelled. 
    Blizzard cannot do that for WoW Classic otherwise purists will complain that it is not like the original classic. They went as far as keeping the original visuals iirc for that reason.
    Did they think they did but they didn't after all?
    :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    now imagine this person times 300. Now you have a FFA Full Loot MMO.... we dont see the problem yet?
    Ungood

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Well I have no idea why anyone would watch run of the mill streamers playing a game, but it seems to be a big thing now.

People are so weird these days.

Before I actually jumped in playing video games, after college (though I did play them in high school on an atari or arcades) that's what I would do. I'd watch a friend playing doom or warcraft.

It was very entertaining.

To this day I enjoy watching people playing video games. Reminds me of sitting next to a friend, maybe a beer in hand, and just shootin the shit and seeing the drama unfold.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    tzervo said:
    Soybean said:
    Blizzard could have easily fixed this problem by making certain buff that can't be dispelled. 
    Blizzard cannot do that for WoW Classic otherwise purists will complain that it is not like the original classic. They went as far as keeping the original visuals iirc for that reason.
    But right before they banned him they added a new item that let's you protect your world buff.  This item was never in vanilla.  So.... yeah you're wrong. 

Also, blizzard has a feature that allows you to multibox easier. 
    [Deleted User]
    Nilden said:
    Torval said:
    Multi-boxing shouldn't be allowed in a game like this period. That alone should be worth a perma-ban on all their accounts. Disruptive behavior with the intent (shown on their stream) to ruin the game play environment is enough in itself. No sympathy and they're not going far enough to deal with this or the bot issue.
    Multi-boxing and bots are an absolute plague on this game.
    If you mean bots as in gold sellers then I entirely agree. 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    now imagine this person times 300. Now you have a FFA Full Loot MMO.... we dont see the problem yet?
    The only problem that I see would be such an environment that is so PVE-oriented and boring that a player is going to go to such length to grief people... in a full-loot pvp game someone 'griefing' might simply be playing the game and be good at it.. and yes they are going to get their jollies off from this much more than messing up someone's buff... that sounds ridiculous. Only WOW.. you have been complaining about grief for years while I have been playing every PVP game without experiencing ANY grief.

I think its mostly in your head.
    [Deleted User]

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA