Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdoms of Elyria Previews Milestone 2 - But Fails to Convince 'Chronicles' Community | MMORPG.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

Let me do a more concrete test...

Is SBS a bunch of criminals?

*shake shake*

Intro to Magic 8-Ball  Learn how to build apps Magic 8-Ball

I rest my case.

Lawsuit that is most likely dead in the water against SBS and Esolla. 
    April 7th update from lawsuit Discord.

"Here is an update on the class action against Xsolla and Soulbound (Defendants). The Defendants are in the process of deciding if they should challenge the complaint on different legal theories. This is an extremely common practice in litigation and will lead to our firm filing an amended complaint or the court denying Defendants’ challenges.

Meanwhile, our firm is looking for a California resident who is interested in becoming a class representative for this class action as well. If you are interested please let me know."

Not dead yet it seems.
    LeFantome[Deleted User]KidRiskGdemami[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    edited April 2021
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.

you guys might like to circlejerk 
    And yet here you are...

And also, you skipped my earlier question:
    "Do you have any proof that SBS consists of more than just Caspien?  He listed 4 other people but no indications that they are actual employees as opposed to volunteers, or contractors that performed a specific task (example... one of the 4 is the composer) If you have knowledge that there are in fact employees please share."

He mentions 4 other people that he describes as former employees that are contributing or had contributed to KoE.  Do you have any evidence at all that these are actually employees on the SBS payroll?

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    LeFantomeGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.

I have the same as you, but I believe the lawsuit will not go anwhere, you guys might like to circlejerk about the dream of sending Caspian to jail or some such stuff but in reality it'll amount to zilch. 

You guys bought into a crowdfund/KS there's always a risk of it falling or the like, sueing because of that is laughable imo. 
    Do you have a link or not? Or you just beleive..
    Gdemami

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    edited April 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

April 7th update from lawsuit Discord.

"Here is an update on the class action against Xsolla and Soulbound (Defendants). The Defendants are in the process of deciding if they should challenge the complaint on different legal theories. This is an extremely common practice in litigation and will lead to our firm filing an amended complaint or the court denying Defendants’ challenges.

Meanwhile, our firm is looking for a California resident who is interested in becoming a class representative for this class action as well. If you are interested please let me know."

Not dead yet it seems.

Hopefully SBS and Xsolla counter-sues if that is a thing. 

IselinKidRiskGdemami
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

And yet here you are...

"Do you have any proof that SBS consists of more than just Caspien?  He listed 4 other people but no indications that they are actual employees as opposed to volunteers, or contractors that performed a specific task (example... one of the 4 is the composer) If you have knowledge that there are in fact employees please share."

He mentions 4 other people that he describes as former employees that are contributing or had contributed to KoE.  Do you have any evidence at all that these are actually employees on the SBS payroll?

I am not an employee nor have acess to any of that, ask snipehunter if you're that concerned. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

And yet here you are...

I am not an employee nor have acess to any of that, ask snipehunter if you're that concerned. 
    My point, you're not an employee and you keep presuming things.  When everything is on Discord.  You're the one who came here saying this was going nowhere but if you don't have anything to support your sayings then I think It's a waste of time. But thank you for your comment, I guess.
    Slapshot1188Gdemami

LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

And yet here you are...

My point, you're not an employee and you keep presuming things.  When everything is on Discord.  You're the one who came here saying this was going nowhere but if you don't have anything to support your sayings then I think It's a waste of time. But thank you for your comment, I guess.

There is no official SBS discord. 

Frankly I rather they kept the forums closed till players have something to play otherwise it would just be a dozen or so people whining and complaining. 

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

I have the same as you, but I believe the lawsuit will not go anwhere, you guys might like to circlejerk about the dream of sending Caspian to jail or some such stuff but in reality it'll amount to zilch. 

You guys bought into a crowdfund/KS there's always a risk of it falling or the like, sueing because of that is laughable imo. 

Failure is one thing; failure by choice or by design or by misrepresentation is another thing entirely.  The Producers, anyone?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Zultra said:

Why "hopefully"? WTF is wrong with you?
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Failure is one thing; failure by choice or by design or by misrepresentation is another thing entirely.  The Producers, anyone?

You would have to prove that Caspian knowingly designed to fail... 

Iselin said:
    Zultra said:

Nothing is wrong with me. 
    Iselin

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    edited April 2021
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    I see reporters are mistaking the constant crying and whinging of a couple dozen people as the wider community - most are just sitting and waiting - a minority of people just want an avenue to show incredible levels of hostility towards someone.

In pretty much every single official or (serious) unofficial community subreddit you are going to get moderated if you call for people to be jailed or just overal aggressive and hostile - there's a difference between constructive criticism that's well thought out and just toxic behaviour,

People need to learn to grow up.
    Just going to point out that the quotes in the original post seem to be from the reddit, which is about as official of a community as you can get seeing as how jeromy shut down the forums and discord and refuses to reopen them. 

I followed the link to the coe lawsuit discord and they have over 600 members... that's more than just a couple dozen. 

I'll never understand how people can just blindly keep the faith like this. I can't even imagine their excuses when this guy shut down the studio and stopped development. What was the excuse then? 

At least if you want to gamble money use a slot machine, you have a better chance at getting something back.
    It's only a couple dozen actual people, mostly alts or lurkers in there, I got an alt in there too. 
    So ... "a couple dozen" people each created about 30 alt accounts and logged them all online at one time, and have kept them logged in and active to show over 600 people listed in the lawsuit discord.  Got it. 

And it's obvious you know this for certain and have proof, cause making something ridiculous up, like 20 people creating 30 alt accounts would seem almost as ridiculous as defrauding thousands of gamers to get 8 million dollars by telling them you'll make a... oh wait..
    [Deleted User]Gdemami

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Zultra said:
    Iselin said:
    Zultra said:

Nothing is wrong with me. 
    Except you seem to be cheering for the guy who couldn't deliver a game and not for the people who lost 8 million.

Now that's fucked up.

maskedweaselNildenGdemami[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    I see reporters are mistaking the constant crying and whinging of a couple dozen people as the wider community - most are just sitting and waiting - a minority of people just want an avenue to show incredible levels of hostility towards someone.

In pretty much every single official or (serious) unofficial community subreddit you are going to get moderated if you call for people to be jailed or just overal aggressive and hostile - there's a difference between constructive criticism that's well thought out and just toxic behaviour,

Just going to point out that the quotes in the original post seem to be from the reddit, which is about as official of a community as you can get seeing as how jeromy shut down the forums and discord and refuses to reopen them. 

I followed the link to the coe lawsuit discord and they have over 600 members... that's more than just a couple dozen. 

I'll never understand how people can just blindly keep the faith like this. I can't even imagine their excuses when this guy shut down the studio and stopped development. What was the excuse then? 

At least if you want to gamble money use a slot machine, you have a better chance at getting something back.
    It's only a couple dozen actual people, mostly alts or lurkers in there, I got an alt in there too. 
    So ... "a couple dozen" people each created about 30 alt accounts and logged them all online at one time, and have kept them logged in and active to show over 600 people listed in the lawsuit discord.  Got it. 

And it's obvious you know this for certain and have proof, cause making something ridiculous up, like 20 people creating 30 alt accounts would seem almost as ridiculous as defrauding thousands of gamers to get 8 million dollars by telling them you'll make a... oh wait..

there was no fraud, from what I've seen on reddit and here the same dozen or 2 doing the main hating. 

The Discord might have people in it, but how many of those are actually there for the lawsuit and not just to watch a shitshow. 

Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:

there was no fraud, from what I've seen on reddit and here the same dozen or 2 doing the main hating. 

The Discord might have people in it, but how many of those are actually there for the lawsuit and not just to watch a shitshow. 
    The same 2 dozen? Not a different 2 dozen people between reddit, discord and this website? We're all just the same people? 

I guess whatever you have to tell yourself, but it seems you're working really hard to counter any negative arguments that the soulbound deserves. And you ARE the same person on the reddit and this site attempting to tell everyone how "real" this project is. And you're really the only one.

Maybe you're just too invested to understand that the project you wasted your money on will never be what it's supposed to be. In fact, even from what they showed during the kickstarter to what they delivered in the first alpha wasn't even what it was supposed to be. Even the graphics looked different, and all that smooth gameplay they showed turned real choppy real fast. It's no wonder they shut down the game right afterwards. 
    Gdemami

Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

I would hope that is one goal of the ongoing lawsuit.

Gdemami

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

It was all a lie right from the start. There was no way 900k from kickstarter was going to get them the game they described in the timeframe they promised.

They misrepresented what they could make, took 8 million dollars in total over 4 years, when they had to know there was no way they could deliver and even had a sale 2 weeks before he shut down the company then walked it back.

The entire project is misrepresentation, lies, and fraud. Blind people could see this for what it is. The only people who can't are delusional. 

It's just sad that someone would defend Soulbound for ripping all these people off.
    MendelSlapshot1188Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:

The same 2 dozen? Not a different 2 dozen people between reddit, discord and this website? We're all just the same people? 

I guess whatever you have to tell yourself, but it seems you're working really hard to counter any negative arguments that the soulbound deserves. And you ARE the same person on the reddit and this site attempting to tell everyone how "real" this project is. And you're really the only one.

Maybe you're just too invested to understand that the project you wasted your money on will never be what it's supposed to be. In fact, even from what they showed during the kickstarter to what they delivered in the first alpha wasn't even what it was supposed to be. Even the graphics looked different, and all that smooth gameplay they showed turned real choppy real fast. It's no wonder they shut down the game right afterwards. 

I have been critical of SBS, I feel like they should've done things different, I just don't think witch hunting is appropiate. 
    Gdemami

Nilden said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:
    LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

It was all a lie right from the start. There was no way 900k from kickstarter was going to get them the game they described in the timeframe they promised.

They misrepresented what they could make, took 8 million dollars in total over 4 years, when they had to know there was no way they could deliver and even had a sale 2 weeks before he shut down the company then walked it back.

The entire project is misrepresentation, lies, and fraud. Blind people could see this for what it is. The only people who can't are delusional. 

It's just sad that someone would defend Soulbound for ripping all these people off.

You would have to prove that it was a scam or that there was intentions to defraud customers. 

Zultra said:

I have been critical of SBS, I feel like they should've done things different, I just don't think witch hunting is appropiate. 
    Maybe. But to the 60+ backers who spent over 1000 dollars and up to 10 thousand - or even more, they might feel different. 
    Gdemami

Zultra said:

Maybe. But to the 60+ backers who spent over 1000 dollars and up to 10 thousand - or even more, they might feel different. 

I've put in £1000+ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    Zultra said:

Pretty sure he was given a free Kingdom by Walsh. Might be why he overlooks the obvious.
    KyleranmaskedweaselGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Zultra said:

Pretty sure he was given a free Kingdom by Walsh. Might be why he overlooks the obvious.

So, he's all white-knighting over a bunch of to-be-delivered fictional pixels and an imaginary title?  Maybe he should look at exactly what he was given.

Slapshot1188Gdemami

Mendel said:
    Zultra said:

So, he's all white-knighting over a bunch of to-be-delivered fictional pixels and an imaginary title?  Maybe he should look at exactly what he was given.

Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome? 
    Mendel

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Mendel said:
    Zultra said:

One of the most powerful motivators for humans, hope, but there can be consequences.

Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon