Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdoms of Elyria Previews Milestone 2 - But Fails to Convince 'Chronicles' Community | MMORPG.com

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Wizardry said:
    Here is the real kicker,HOW in bleeping hell did he ever raise close to 8 million in the first place,what kind of idiots do i share the planet Earth with?

You share the planet with tons of gullible morons who would throw 10k away at a kingdom in a video game. I think they should be protected instead of taken advantage of.

Just because someone eats paint chips like they are cereal doesn't mean they are a bad person who can be sucked dry of cash. (looks at LOL button)

Correction: An entire cash shop of everything up to and including a non-existent kingdom is said non-existent video game. For 10k.

That's where they made the bulk of the money selling video game land and the cash shop. FOMO sales, etc

Nothing even playable in the hands of people who gave them money. Just this absolute farce MMORPG.com thinks the public might change their opinion on.

***DIES LAUGHING**
    maskedweaselIselinMcSleaz

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    I see reporters are mistaking the constant crying and whinging of a couple dozen people as the wider community - most are just sitting and waiting - a minority of people just want an avenue to show incredible levels of hostility towards someone.

In pretty much every single official or (serious) unofficial community subreddit you are going to get moderated if you call for people to be jailed or just overal aggressive and hostile - there's a difference between constructive criticism that's well thought out and just toxic behaviour,

People need to learn to grow up.
    IselinKyleranSlapshot1188KidRiskMightyUncleanMcSleazNildenRennisaKumaponmaskedweaseland 1 other.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
    Zultra said:
    I see reporters are mistaking the constant crying and whinging of a couple dozen people as the wider community - most are just sitting and waiting - a minority of people just want an avenue to show incredible levels of hostility towards someone.

In pretty much every single official or (serious) unofficial community subreddit you are going to get moderated if you call for people to be jailed or just overal aggressive and hostile - there's a difference between constructive criticism that's well thought out and just toxic behaviour,

Oh yes by all means! Let's get us an investigative journalist who gets to the bottom of things to take a nice long deep dive into the timeline of what happened with Chronicles of Elyria.

[Deleted User]McSleazKumaponcheyane

Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

Oh yes by all means! Let's get us an investigative journalist who gets to the bottom of things to take a nice long deep dive into the timeline of what happened with Chronicles of Elyria.

Lol. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It feels so gross and slimy to see this "game" discussed by MMORPG.com as if it were anything other than a front to avoid financial liability for CoE.
    I keep telling you guys that this new thing has very little to do with avoiding financial liability since the current court case hinges almost exclusively on Xsolla's refund policy (and Xsolla is screwed.)

This is more about avoiding criminal prosecution by attempting to show that he's using the Covid relief money he got from the government properly to keep employee's working.

Messing with a bunch of gullible morons is one thing but messing with the feds is a different story altogether. You really don't want to piss them off.
    ScotKyleranSlapshot1188cheyaneGdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited April 2021
    Iselin said:
    It feels so gross and slimy to see this "game" discussed by MMORPG.com as if it were anything other than a front to avoid financial liability for CoE.
    I keep telling you guys that this new thing has very little to do with avoiding financial liability since the current court case hinges almost exclusively on Xsolla's refund policy (and Xsolla is screwed.)

This is more about avoiding criminal prosecution by attempting to show that he's using the Covid relief money he got from the government properly to keep employee's working.

Messing with a bunch of gullible morons is one thing but messing with the feds is a different story altogether. You really don't want to piss them off.
    It is well known that Corvid relief is being criminally obtained, the last thing someone who runs a company wants to do even if they have done nothing wrong is to have attention drawn to you in regards to this. It is an emotive issue which could be picked up by the media who always have a very low bar for evidence based reporting.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:

The new game / continuing development also helps shield him from the Kickstarter requirement for a project to provide accountability for funding received /spent in the event it fails to deliver or is shut down.

Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:

The new game / continuing development also helps shield him from the Kickstarter requirement for a project to provide accountability for funding received /spent in the event it fails to deliver or is shut down.

Then we get into the promising (and selling) X, but working on Y debate.  Patience.  We have to have something to discuss in 2025.  (Nearly said 'delivering Y'.  Something must be wrong with my meds).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Mendel said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:

Then we get into the promising (and selling) X, but working on Y debate.  Patience.  We have to have something to discuss in 2025.  (Nearly said 'delivering Y'.  Something must be wrong with my meds).

It's been Caspien's M.O. since the beginning.  Just dig up the old State of Elyria posts.  He would always list a whole bunch of stuff that they had planned for the next year.  When the next State of Elyria came, almost all of it was not delivered, but he would post new shiny stuff for the fans to latch on to.   Very few ever questioned what was not delivered and those that did were branded as Trolls or even Harbingers.

Honestly just think about how they turned the anniversary of the Kickstarter into a holiday and created sales around it.  Instead of being embarrassed that they were yet another year behind schedule, they spun it as a good thing and people happily bought more pixel items.   That really sums up the CoE development plan to me.   
    KyleranGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    IselinKyleranMightyUncleanNildenSlapshot1188RennisaKumaponSensaicheyaneGdemami

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Wizardry said:
    Here is the real kicker,HOW in bleeping hell did he ever raise close to 8 million in the first place,what kind of idiots do i share the planet Earth with?

There's been infinite other prior events that make you wonder the kind of idiots that we share the world. 

I mean, you guys share the world with me, and im so idiotic, i can play abouy 800-900 games of starcraft without minimal improvement and same ranking. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Zultra said:
    I just like how people think they have such indepth knowledge of SBS to ascertain they are criminals when really most in this forum just chat shit imo. 
    I thought so, it is you Maulvorn, welcome back to the forums.

maskedweaselRennisa[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Zultra said:
    I thought so, it is you Maulvorn, welcome back to the forums.

King Zultra I of Zygethia to you, peasant.
    :)

https://kingdomofzygethia.wixsite.com/kingdom

Post edited by Iselin on
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Zultra said:
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

Let me do a more concrete test...

Is SBS a bunch of criminals?

*shake shake*

Intro to Magic 8-Ball  Learn how to build apps Magic 8-Ball

I rest my case.

maskedweaselSlapshot1188Kylerancheyane

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited April 2021
    delusion is a belief that is clearly false and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. ... A person with a delusion will hold firmly to the belief regardless of evidence to the contrary.

There are still people holding on to the belief in CoE, despite everything that's happened to indicate otherwise.  As we all know, this includes (God, how can people not see this?) the head of the studio stating in no uncertain terms that the studio was shut down.  Let me give you an example of delusion from the subreddit:

"[–]LegendaryNeurotoxin[Com Mod] Ashland[S] 0 points 3 days ago 

I'm defending the notion that we can discuss CoE/KoE without being shitbirds about it, and using what I've gathered from my own observations to guide my talking points. I'm still waiting to play something, and until then, my money's on Ashes of Creation to be the game that breaks the M59/EQ/WoW continuum and pushes the genre forward."

Post edited by MightyUnclean on
    Slapshot1188Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Zultra said:
    I would call a fact check on this because you use the plurals (they, criminals). Do you have any proof that SBS consists of more than just Caspien?  He listed 4 other people but no indications that they are actual employees as opposed to volunteers, or contractors that performed a specific task (example... one of the 4 is the composer) If you have knowledge that there are in fact employees please share.
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Zultra said:

Just going to point out that the quotes in the original post seem to be from the reddit, which is about as official of a community as you can get seeing as how jeromy shut down the forums and discord and refuses to reopen them. 

I followed the link to the coe lawsuit discord and they have over 600 members... that's more than just a couple dozen. 

I'll never understand how people can just blindly keep the faith like this. I can't even imagine their excuses when this guy shut down the studio and stopped development. What was the excuse then? 

At least if you want to gamble money use a slot machine, you have a better chance at getting something back.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    System said:
    imageKingdoms of Elyria Previews Milestone 2 - But Fails to Convince 'Chronicles' Community | MMORPG.com

In the latest Chronicles of Elyria blog post from Soulbound Studios' CEO Jeromy Walsh (Caspian), some core features of Kingdoms of Elyria were touched on as part of a "preview" of Milestone 2. The post dives into very specific characteristics of Kingdom of Elyria's contracts and NPC personalities systems, which Soulbound Studios plans to implement over the next couple months.

Read the full story here

Why are you covering this garbage?? please stop, have some pride. 
    Gdemami

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

Nilden said:
    Zultra said:
    I mean it's not like they took 8 million dollars, delivered nothing, and have a class action lawsuit against them...

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Lawsuit that is most likely dead in the water against SBS and Esolla. 
    IselinLeFantomeKyleranGdemami

Zultra said:

Just going to point out that the quotes in the original post seem to be from the reddit, which is about as official of a community as you can get seeing as how jeromy shut down the forums and discord and refuses to reopen them. 

I followed the link to the coe lawsuit discord and they have over 600 members... that's more than just a couple dozen. 

I'll never understand how people can just blindly keep the faith like this. I can't even imagine their excuses when this guy shut down the studio and stopped development. What was the excuse then? 

At least if you want to gamble money use a slot machine, you have a better chance at getting something back.
    It's only a couple dozen actual people, mostly alts or lurkers in there, I got an alt in there too. 
    IselinLeFantomemaskedweaselSensai

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited April 2021
    Lets not gang up on the defender of CoE guys, it is a bad look. Zultra, we really hoped CoE would turn out well for Walsh as that meant it would turn out well for players. But after CoE stopping/starting you must understand why confidence in anything he now does or says is very low.

Lets stay calm and carry on posting.
    ZultraGdemami
    Scot said:
    Lets not gang up on the defender of CoE guys, it is a bad look. Zultra, we really hoped CoE would turn out well for Walsh as that meant it would turn out well for players. But after CoE stopping/starting you must understand why confidence in anything he now does or says is very low.

Lets stay calm and carry on posting.

I agree, it's perfectly natural to be highly sceptical and have low confidence, I have my doubts if it'll succeed. 

I just don't agree with witchunting and calls for imprisonment. 
    LeFantomeGdemami

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I really hope by now fool me once shame on you...... is finally sinking in.
    Chamber of Chains
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited April 2021
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.
    Gdemami

LeFantome said:
    Zultra said:
    Nilden said:
    Zultra said:

*shake shake*

I rest my case.

Do you have any link? Anything to prove that, because so far we do have the paperwork to prove the lawsuit is still very active. Maybe if you call the lawers and get a email from them or something, maybe we would beleive you. Until then, I don't think you know anything about this case.

I have the same as you, but I believe the lawsuit will not go anwhere, you guys might like to circlejerk about the dream of sending Caspian to jail or some such stuff but in reality it'll amount to zilch. 

You guys bought into a crowdfund/KS there's always a risk of it falling or the like, sueing because of that is laughable imo. 
    LeFantomeKumaponGdemami