Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noth worth paying for

ZoeFkenZoeFken Member UncommonPosts: 33
I was following the game since kickstarter but at the time I did not have funds to pay for it. I was allready invested into several other games that where not out (some not even comming out anymore). So instead of backing another game on any crowdfunding platform I decided to wait. And I was happy that we finaly could pay and play the game.

Well I payed up the 20€ for a 3 month subscription (wich I kinda disliked as paying a subscription on a beta seems kinda ....). Now the game bairly looks like in the trailers or the lets play video's from the devs. The quality is bairly what it supposed to be in this day and age where games all look better then this. None the less I could look past this, I am more a gameplay kinda person.

But WTH was the gameplay? I needed to skip 3 parts of the tutorial because it bugged out on me. Ok it is a Beta but if the damn tutorial is not even working properly I was scared for what was to come. And right I was. Building did not work for me. I bounced my flying machine in invisble walls. Digging a hole that I was unable to exit. Not able to sell anything on the auction house. I could continue on.

What you need to understand is that this game should not be in a BETA stage. This is at best early ALPHA stage. What I experienced is all in the first 3 hours of playing. 

I contacted support to ask for a refund. Lets be frank the game is not nearly as described and is by my standards unplayable. Here comes the most funny part of it all. I have been in contact with them for nearly a month and still they have not refunded me. Also they only responded to ask additional information. And after that not respond for over 14 days.

The support is nearly not existend. The game is not as described. It should be outed as a ALPHA and not a BETA.
AmatheAsm0deuskitaradKyleransakerGdemamiWalkinGlenn

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Sorry about your experience, @ZoeFken.  DU sounds like it might be a really good game, but from what I've seen, it is definitely not in anything like a Beta stage.  The concept of paying for early access/Alpha/Beta appalls me, so I'm not involved.  What's next, pay for concept?  Oh wait, CoE tried that.

sakerimershon

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This indeed is more alpha from your description. Nowadays early access is barely accessible. It's a travesty how these games continue to push these barely functioning games out in the hope that some poor player might fork out some bucks to play it.

IselinAmathesakerGdemami

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Good warning. Thanks for the write-up.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2020
    ZoeFken said:
    ...What you need to understand is that this game should not be in a BETA stage. This is at best early ALPHA stage. What I experienced is all in the first 3 hours of playing....
    Babuinix said:
    This is what a real Beta experience usually looks like. Where optimization and polishing is done. Server problems are to be expected in every mmorpg launch, specially in a crowdfunded project by a new company. What you pay is backing the company to make this thing a reality.

Running a live service means they have to pay additional costs for server upkeeps along with community service/GM's etc besides the general Developers.

As they will get more imput from player reports they will iterate and improve the experience, if you are eager to play but don't want to burn yourself out because of performance/bug issues I'd suggest you skip the beta and wait for the official release, or just go at it with a more relaxed attitude knowingly that those issues mentioned before are happening to everyone and that the dev's are actively working on them and listening to feedback to improove. 
    Sensai
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I do pity anyone whos actually paid anything for this. Agree with the OP, this isn't worthy of being called a beta, at very best alpha.
    BabuinixGdemami
  • PersonMePersonMe Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    No, this game really does suck.  It's buggy as all get out, the community is nothing but 5 year old's and attack any new player they can find.

The mechanics suck, the game just overall is a really poorly done game imo.
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well "STAGE" is just a marketing gimmick and they likely already used the ALPHA stage gimmick so needed to move to a new one.
    What i said about this game a nd a couple others like this is we are simply NOT ready for a game of this scope,it would take a LOT of manpower and a LOT of time and money to do it right.
    So because they cannot do it right,they just sell a gimmick,ok we have this COOL idea,please buy and that is where it ends.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    IDK just guessing,maybe 15 years an average sized dev coudl pull this off on a AAA scale but not right now.
    The other issue that is ALWAYS relevant is that the dev at some point receives a lot of high fives fro mthe community,long before it should and then thinks..hmmmm let's not wait any longer,let's just sell this now.I mean waiting longer is just more money in the hole,a larger debt to recover later.
    So the CHANCE at ever receiving ANY AAA game from 2021 moving forward is likely very slim.

Then i have to ask WHY the hell would anyone give money to a game developer,you don't know these people,they are not your friend.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OldCubanOldCuban Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I wish I had looked for reviews before buying this game. I was lured by a friend who compared it to Empyrion, which I like a lot. Boy, was he wrong. 

This game is far too overly complicated. Everything from the simplest tasks requires multiple steps. 

I knew something was wrong when I logged in for the first time and saw the starter area completely covered by abandoned vehicles.

Worst $20 ever spent. Oh well, live and learn. 
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    PersonMe said:
    No, this game really does suck.  It's buggy as all get out, the community is nothing but 5 year old's and attack any new player they can find.

The mechanics suck, the game just overall is a really poorly done game imo.
    Belated Welcome to the forums! :)

OldCuban said:
    I wish I had looked for reviews before buying this game. I was lured by a friend who compared it to Empyrion, which I like a lot. Boy, was he wrong. 

This game is far too overly complicated. Everything from the simplest tasks requires multiple steps. 

I knew something was wrong when I logged in for the first time and saw the starter area completely covered by abandoned vehicles.

Worst $20 ever spent. Oh well, live and learn. 
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.