Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A LotRO Player Leveled A Hobbit To Level 130 In The Most Hobbit Way Possible - Cooking Pies | MMORPG

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    OMG!! My hats off to this person I cannot even think how hard this must have been and how often he must have wanted to give it up. This takes real determination and this person must also be really very determined in real life too. Kudos is not nearly enough.
    Po_ggScot
    Chamber of Chains
  • DrZhieDrZhie Member UncommonPosts: 2
    For historical purposes... info on an earlier LOTRO pacifist from five years ago.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?597141-The-Path-of-the-Pacifist

Very happy to see someone else make the long journey on the peaceful road!
    SovrathkitaradAgent_JosephPo_gg
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    DrZhie said:
    For historical purposes... info on an earlier LOTRO pacifist from five years ago.

Welcome to the forums! :)
  • DrZhieDrZhie Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Scot said:
    DrZhie said:

Welcome to the forums! :)
    Thanks! I've lurked for a decade, but, priorities. Or PIE-orities, I should say... 
    KyleranScotPo_gg
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    cheyane said:
    OMG!! My hats off to this person I cannot even think how hard this must have been and how often he must have wanted to give it up. This takes real determination and this person must also be really very determined in real life too. Kudos is not nearly enough.
    Actually I can think of a number of less complementary words which might be applicable in this situation, but I'll be nice.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Torval said:
    Utinni said:
    Isn't crafting in lotro auto though? Like he basically afk'd the majority of this.

Yes, up to a point. The AFK timer will kick in so you need to move the character every once in a while. Crafting stacks have max output and you need to empty your bags sometimes.

Cooking is also a huge gold sink. It can be offset a little with farming which cannot be afk'd efficiently.

Did they randomize spawn locations when you plant seeds? Last time I played I just keyboard macro'd dropping seeds and harvesting.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2021
    Torval said:
    Utinni said:
    Torval said:
    Utinni said:
    Isn't crafting in lotro auto though? Like he basically afk'd the majority of this.

Yes, up to a point. The AFK timer will kick in so you need to move the character every once in a while. Crafting stacks have max output and you need to empty your bags sometimes.

Cooking is also a huge gold sink. It can be offset a little with farming which cannot be afk'd efficiently.

Did they randomize spawn locations when you plant seeds? Last time I played I just keyboard macro'd dropping seeds and harvesting.

No, they didn't, but like you said, you'd need to macro or auto-hotkey the harvest. That's all I was really getting at. Unlike say any of the other professions, or even processing crop harvests where you can set the number of items in the crafting UI and walk away for 5 - 10 minutes and come back to processed stacks.

AFK crafting is really easy when processing stacks of hides, ores, or wood.
    So next time we want to see a lumber jack Man who made 130 through chopping and carpentry, got it. :)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Scot said:
    So next time we want to see a lumber jack Man who made 130 through chopping and carpentry, got it. :)
    That's already happened, just look at the Old Forest... :)

It's the last remnant patch of a vast and ancient primordial forest, covered all of Eriador through the First and Second Age - then came Lumber Jack Man, to level 130 through woodworking.
    Scot