Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Blackwood Hands-On Preview: Companions, Endeavors And More | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Blackwood Hands-On Preview: Companions, Endeavors And More | MMORPG.com

Last week, Kevin had the chance to go hands on with Elder Scroll Online's upcoming Chapter release, Blackwood, as well as chat with creative director Rich Lambert about the companion system, Endeavors and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    Nice write-up Kevin! ESO continues to amaze me. Looking forward to this update!
    XevrinFTrunks21
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wow. Lots of info. Nice write up.

The companion system sounds well thought out. I knew we could use gear on them but the ability choices and priorities is a nice surprise.
    XevrinSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XevrinXevrin Member UncommonPosts: 18
    For those wondering companions do have an outfit drop down on the menu screen, but when I on the preview server I didn't see any outfits except for default and "Companion".
    Sovrath
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Xevrin said:

For those wondering companions do have an outfit drop down on the menu screen, but when I on the preview server I didn't see any outfits except for default and "Companion".

Do not worry. There will be plenty of outfits in the Crown store.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    edited April 2021
    I have no real big issue with the cosmetic store and i dont see why people complain about it. The game has no subscription required. 

They have to make money somehow and there are much worse ways as we all know. 

some people just dont know when a deal is good. Find something real to complain about like the combat system.  

I am often critical of zos but no one should be complaining about their business model. You dont have to do anything. You dont have to buy it.   

They literally are about to give you a gameplay way to get everything you previously had to gamble for, but none of it was required to play anyway.

how is this a bad thing?
    amithist
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 71

Rungar said:

I have no real big issue with the cosmetic store and i dont see why people complain about it. The game has no subscription required. 

They have to make money somehow and there are much worse ways as we all know. 

some people just dont know when a deal is good. Find something real to complain about like the combat system.  

I am often critical of zos but no one should be complaining about their business model. You dont have to do anything. You dont have to buy it.   

They literally are about to give you a gameplay way to get everything you previously had to gamble for, but none of it was required to play anyway.

how is this a bad thing?

The problem I have with the store is the diminishing returns and the 'guaranteed' drop rate is a lie. If you already have the item, the amount of gems you get back don't equal the amount you have to spend to get the item. So you can put up with it if you only want a random chance at getting something in there, but if try to spend more then three times on a crate bundle, the rewards start to really drop off and you don't get anything worth while. This itself would be stomachable, but when you see the items that are in the Radiant Apex Rewards and how much they cost, it becomes painfully obvious of the scam that is going on with the system. If they changed it so you got the same amount in gems back as it would cost to buy the item then all of this wouldn't be such a problem, but there's the scam.