Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape Mobile Finally Getting A Release Window, Coming This Summer | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageRuneScape Mobile Finally Getting A Release Window, Coming This Summer | MMORPG.com

RuneScape fans who have been waiting years for its full release on mobile devices, the wait is almost over. Jagex has announced that the full release of RuneScape on Android and iOS this summer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bane112Bane112 Newbie CommonPosts: 16
    I’ll give it a whirl. Never played more than a few hours of it.
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391

Bane112 said:

I've popped in on this game every now and again since beta. I know it runs counter to popular opinion, but RS3 is by far the most playable version to me.

I could never understand why people preferred the sluggish gameplay and janky graphics of RS1 to something like Faldon - which was also a f2p indie game out at the time.
  • Bane112Bane112 Newbie CommonPosts: 16

Bane112 said:

I've popped in on this game every now and again since beta. I know it runs counter to popular opinion, but RS3 is by far the most playable version to me.

I could never understand why people preferred the sluggish gameplay and janky graphics of RS1 to something like Faldon - which was also a f2p indie game out at the time.

I would agree in my very limited experience. Tried OSRS on mobile and hated it. Felt like I was back playing a game on my Gateway in 1997. A bit too old school for me.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Tried it, awful.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    mussolini said:
    Tried it, awful.

No wonder we can't get a decent MMO, all these companies are trying to make mobile MMOs....I guess these shallow games appeal to the masses.
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    mussolini said:
    Tried it, awful.

No wonder we can't get a decent MMO, all these companies are trying to make mobile MMOs....I guess these shallow games appeal to the masses.
    Runescape's has been one of the most popular MMOs for over 20 years.  Clearly some people like it.  It's just a port of the PC version, too.  It's not like a slapped together a new mobile MMO.  They've taken years to release this, so they are taking time to port it right, too.

Could you elaborate on how this isn't a decent game?  Should they just make an MMO that's you level up in by calling every game in the world 'bad'?  Seems like that would be right up your alley!