Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous Odyssey Is Officially Launching On May 19th | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageElite Dangerous Odyssey Is Officially Launching On May 19th | MMORPG.com

Elite Dangerous' much anticipated Odyssey expansion finally has a release date. The planetary, first person, on-foot update is coming on May 19th for PC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Meh... Niche game for Fish Haulers. Now probably also on foot. :D
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Haven't checked the game for a while, so do we get to explore the interior of our ship in Odyssey? I'm not expecting to be able to roam around the interior of full anaconda, but will they at least let us roam around the bridge or are we still glued to our chair? And we just magically teleports outside on our feet
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191

tzervo said:

yonpachi said:

Haven't checked the game for a while, so do we get to explore the interior of our ship in Odyssey? I'm not expecting to be able to roam around the interior of full anaconda, but will they at least let us roam around the bridge or are we still glued to our chair? And we just magically teleports outside on our feet

Nope, at least not at launch. You teleport in and out of the ship a la Star Trek, just without the fancy "zing" effect.

how about your npc crew? Do you get to see them at any point or they just remain a JPG with audio
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    This is still in first person right. For me that will be headache inducing and won't be able to play.
    Chamber of Chains