Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords of Legends Online Will Feature A Battle Pass, Showcases Class Gameplay, Shop And More In Firs

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageSwords of Legends Online Will Feature A Battle Pass, Showcases Class Gameplay, Shop And More In First Stream | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online showcased a bit of its gameplay and features in its first stream today. One of the major announcements was that the upcoming MMO will have a battle pass with both a premium and free tier.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Normal i hate gameforge. BUT! a big BUT!

This livestream was amazing, they showes us all what there is. from the store prices to box prices and so on.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Blackboa
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Nice, love how weapon skins and armor skins are account bound. And how weapon skins change based on the classes you're using with your characters.

[Deleted User]Blackboa
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Cause B2P and Battlepasses worked out well for Archeage Unchained
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Looks like another Asian grinder, i'll pass
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167

Albatroes said:

In the case of Swords of Legends Online, it's different. They showed us the items in the battles pass on stream and they were all cosmetic. There isn't anything in there that could be construed as Pay 2 Win.

As with every MMO, there is a grind. In this game though it won't be as bad as others since the gear progression system is not RNG based. Nothing breaks. As long as you have the items needed to upgrade the gear, it is a guaranteed success. No items in the cash shop to make it easier for any upgrades. All materials found in the game.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2021
    Blackboa said:

Albatroes said:

In the case of Swords of Legends Online, it's different. They showed us the items in the battles pass on stream and they were all cosmetic. There isn't anything in there that could be construed as Pay 2 Win.

Because AA:UC wasn't originally cosmetic only....? Until they screwed up and made them sellable.....but I guess players being able to sell cash shop stuff for ingame money isn't an advantage or anything....The other problem is the "so far nothing is P2W." The problem with P2W is how companies try to define it and how gullible people are to defend it. Some people don't count extra space as p2w......some don't count exp boosts as p2w....
    Asm0deus
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Some ppl see a eastern mmo and immedietly dismiss it
    For me the game seems interesting Im willing to give it a try
    Its not like the west has produced a mmo worthwile the last 15 years :P
    meerclar[Deleted User]Blackboajimmy123
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited April 2021

Blackboa said:

Albatroes said:

The cosmetic items should simply be in the item shop too......
    The rest of it sounds okay though and I don't care if female items are not usable by males and vice versa if cosmetics is the only thing being monetized. I do like how things once bought are account unlocked.
    [Deleted User]

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All the tropes are there from the past 30 years of game design in China/Asia.
    Over sized weapons,horribly fast animations because they are missing half their ani frames,got the lolly in there to aid the healer.

This truly looks like a single player game they just added the login screen so they can operate a cash shop and sell passes.Looks like an updated version of Silkroad lol that is banking on the flying gimmick.

Cash shop=hell no

You can't take items out fo the game and try and resell them back to the player that already bought the game and say it is ok "only vanity items".NO hell NO i buy the game i want the ENTIRE frigging game.
    Who are these two anyhow,they must work for Gameforge ,they seem to struggle with the job of selling this product.
    Naming reservations ..lol,

SILKROAD 2.0 ....2/10 no way would i buy this game and to think that THEY think they can operate a cash shop and sell passes on top too funny.
    Iselin

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Blackboa said:

Albatroes said:

For now

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    GameForge staying true to themselves and showing us this is a cash grab... buy the game, then pay us for a battlepass and also 99% of our focus will be on the cashshop so be prepared to spend lots!

Yeah this is going to be their biggest cash grab to date... I give it a month before they start selling p2w items and a few weeks after launch they will have convivence items like XP boosters etc they will give it enough time for reviews and first impression to get released before going full on Gameforge.

I'm also expecting the game to get almost zero updates until the player base dwindles to almost nothing then GameForge will reluctantly pay the chinese developers for an update GameForge hate paying for updates and only do so when they have too this is how they have always done things.

• genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    there is so much people trash talking "free" to play MMOS but there no any real FREE to play since you need to pay dev, servers, etc at one point of the game if you want to keep playing it you will have to invest or the game will die ! like it happen to WILDSTAR so dont trash talk about pay to win or pay to progress they are both viable if you dont like them just go play any other solo game or pay to play game =)
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I swear all of these eastern MMOs look the same to me. No that is not a stereo-type metaphor for Asians. This could be so many other MMOs from that region I have seen/played. Talking surface level, obviously.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Albatroes said:

Blackboa said:

Albatroes said:

Because AA:UC wasn't originally cosmetic only....? Until they screwed up and made them sellable.....but I guess players being able to sell cash shop stuff for ingame money isn't an advantage or anything....The other problem is the "so far nothing is P2W." The problem with P2W is how companies try to define it and how gullible people are to defend it. Some people don't count extra space as p2w......some don't count exp boosts as p2w....

And some people like you don't do your homework and label something as P2W that you know nothing about.

From the research I have done, checking both the cash shops in China and Taiwan, then seeing what Gameforge is showing us, I do not see anything that is P2W. No Inventory space purchases, your not allowed to sell costumes as they are account bound, no premium service for bonus exp or loot, etc. Its a buy to play game with a cosmetic cash shop and that is it.

Please do your homework before labeling something as such.
  • rohirrim4rohirrim4 Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Albatroes said:

Blackboa said:

Albatroes said:

Thing is that players boycott alsmost every subscription game. The result was F2P and B2P games with shops. If you expect a game with no subscription and no shop or cosmetics - only shop then you are naive to say the least.

Blame the hippies who fought against subscription model, not the companies.
  • reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

Blackboa said:

As with every MMO, there is a grind. In this game though it won't be as bad as others since the gear progression system is not RNG based. Nothing breaks. As long as you have the items needed to upgrade the gear, it is a guaranteed success. No items in the cash shop to make it easier for any upgrades. All materials found in the game.

This sounds encouraging, but what will be the drop rate for those items that you need to improve equipment with a certain success? It's all about the items... All the grind to get some pixel, to improve another pixel and limited MMO gameplay elements to promote cash shop items, or to keep you in the game day and night because yes you can get those same items in the game, but it would be 0.0001% drop rate? How certain will be the success and what is the guarantee that they won't become greedy like in the case with AA:Unchained? Battlepass sounds good, and hopefully that would be the only way they make money, but it's never that simple because money is all they want. I never seen asian MMO, where developers would actually do what players want - no microtransactions, eow.