Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE and PvP

124»

Comments

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited April 2021
    Gorwe said:
    Rungar said:
    Gorwe said:
    Scot said:
    RvR is the only way to go, I notice the OP had issues with it but it is the best of both worlds. Keep them separate as no system is ever going to perfectly mix the burning oil and calm waters of PvP and PvE. But they both give so much to MMORPG's that one cannot do without the other to my mind.

RvR as in WAR?
    i imagine he meant eso or maybe daoc. Realm vs Realm

I am not interested in that large scale, excuse the term, crap. Ok, I'm too harsh. It is crap only while leveling and if mixed with other parts. As an endgame, it's perfect. Still...I'm not a fan of large scale, at all. I never once in my life thought to myself "gee, this'd be more interesting with 99 other people". 6v6 or 8v8 is my preferred scale.
    Warhammer RoR has scenarios that are 6v6(ranked) and 12v12 (normal), change every week.  And there is a pug only one.

I know, but that requires premades, guilds etc. ...I don't know, WAR(RoR) is beautiful in a Warhammer Fantasy way, but...MMOs aren't for me. They never actually were, but they held a tight grip over "my franchises": WHF, LoTR, Conan etc(gee, thanks Woof!). Luckily for me, only WHF is truly left in that dire situation(=no other RPG), but at least I have Total Warhammer. And even then, I have RoR, so...
    Rungar said:
    if i had it my way both pvp and raiding would be a much smaller part of the game and more community driven. 

I would not mind seeing a game where pvp is limited to battlegrounds and raids limited to community events. This way the game can completely focus on the core game ( open world and various dungeon types). 

This sounds awesome! I don't actually like when there are too many systems or activities vying for your attention. Especially when there are multiple xp systems...god!
    Scot said:
    Gorwe said:
    Scot said:
    RvR is the only way to go, I notice the OP had issues with it but it is the best of both worlds. Keep them separate as no system is ever going to perfectly mix the burning oil and calm waters of PvP and PvE. But they both give so much to MMORPG's that one cannot do without the other to my mind.

RvR as in WAR?
    As in DAOC but I did not think WAR did it that badly?

It's actually much worse than DAoC or ESO or GW 2. Imo. It's very unfocused, multiple systems are literally fighting for your time, only 2 factions etc. It is fine if you like large fights, but there are and there were better solutions even in that niche. Which is an odd situation, given that Mythic produced / designed Dark Age. Again, RoR does what they can with limited resources and a bloody good job at that, but it is what it is.

Honestly, WAR without Warhammer Fantasy would be below nothing, dead in half a year max.
    ScotAlBQuirky
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    I thought it already died years ago? Is it undead now or something? 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Rungar said:
    I thought it already died years ago? Is it undead now or something? 

Oh, you don't know, do you? Let the facts speak for themselves: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/ .

It's a good server, as good as it can be. Unfortunately, without heavy redesign, its potential is limited. Which is a shame, because it could be so good. But that was always true.