Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Idea for site improvement.

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say this site isn't good, or good enough.  I love mmorpg.com!

One thing that I think would be REALLY helpful, however, is giving us a "Why should I play this game?" editorial or something.  And a "Why might I not want to play this game?" section as well.

I don't want to read why the DEVELOPERS want me to play this game.  They want me to play because I will pay them.  It's also really hard to get a good feel for a game from player response, because there are so many trolls, flamethrowers, and die-hard "this is the best game ever no matter what"ers out there.

I would like to see a section specifically telling us what makes each MMORPG unique from a CONSUMER standpoint.  Not......oh look at these great features we are making in our game.  I'd like to see which games have what original ideas, and what's covering covered ground, and how well they are doing it.

It seems to me that a lot of the game descriptions and features are either from the game's site itself, or paraphrased from it.  I want to know what WE think, not the companies selling their wares.

Just a thought.  Oh yeah, I'm relatively new with the site, so I'm not saying this doesn't exist on MMORPG.com.  But it seems that in the individual game descriptions, there is nothing that can't be found on the game's site.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 5
    I find the best way to get a good feel for a game is to first go to the games official forums and see what players are saying.  Always helps me out a bunch when deciding what to think of a game.