Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valheim Patch Updates Terrain Modification System | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageValheim Patch Updates Terrain Modification System | MMORPG.com

The latest patch for Valheim has arrived and brings with it an update to the terrain modification system. The patch also brings about several fixes, world loading tweaks, and more. Read on for more details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 458
    i had to rename my fortress. It was called Fort Lagg until today.
    Truvidienncheyane
    .33 of a second to midnight
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,248
    Can anyone report if Valheim+ still works okay?
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 18,890
    edited April 20
    Crappy complete waste of time update.

I have noticed zero performance difference and to be honest i never needed it and i'm only running on a laptop.Even Firespark noted that he only notices the difference when flying in god mode but when running on the ground it feels the same as it does for me.
    Furthermore why would we have to enable the change with devcommands geesh.

I could think of many areas i would focus on instead of this and the stone change is laughable,less stone but made it worse.

Changes that i feel are way more important than this update.
    1 AI/auto track spawns are just lame looking.
    2 The water needs to be an actual zone as well the ability to stand in the water with our hammer so we can build.This matters because as is you need to be at particular angles to build ,it needs a much better snap system.

3 More variety of mobs and AI fix as is most people have bases in meadows so all you see is a constant stream of auto spawning graylings after graylings after graylings that immediately auto track just to annoy you.It gets old real fast.

4 better/more ship options.
    5 better server tools to setup server settings.
    6 Soem of the workbench reqs are just dumb.Like why would you need a workbench to do something that reqs just a hammer?Why would i need a workbnech to use a Hoe?Why does a bench or bed need a roof?You think Vikings could only sleep if they had a roof?
    7 more building options,the straw roof gets boring.
    8 I feel we need at least 5 more INV slots and a bit more weight added .Maybe 400 then 650-700 weight would be about right.
    Torval

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 458
    People couldn't use their bases due to lag so seemed like a reasonable priority to me since its a base building game. I could barely use my base before this update. It had major lag due to the way I constructed it. 

i dont really have a problem with the game rules as they are. Im pretty sure the tools are representations of you doing work rather than just having a tool in your hand.  

I think you just need to be patient. If you cant be patient get mods. Almost everything you want exists on valheim nexus.
    .33 of a second to midnight
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,248
    The terrain leveling needed a serious pass and rework, but this wasn't it. Well, it did need to fix the complexity, but now it takes a ton more stone (despite the per use reduction) and time and is a lot more fiddly. Terrain leveling and manipulation needed to be simpler and smoother not the other way around.
    Wizardry said:
    Changes that i feel are way more important than this update.
    1 AI/auto track spawns are just lame looking.
    2 The water needs to be an actual zone as well the ability to stand in the water with our hammer so we can build.This matters because as is you need to be at particular angles to build ,it needs a much better snap system.

3 More variety of mobs and AI fix as is most people have bases in meadows so all you see is a constant stream of auto spawning graylings after graylings after graylings that immediately auto track just to annoy you.It gets old real fast.

4 better/more ship options.
    5 better server tools to setup server settings.
    6 Soem of the workbench reqs are just dumb.Like why would you need a workbench to do something that reqs just a hammer?Why would i need a workbnech to use a Hoe?Why does a bench or bed need a roof?You think Vikings could only sleep if they had a roof?
    7 more building options,the straw roof gets boring.
    8 I feel we need at least 5 more INV slots and a bit more weight added .Maybe 400 then 650-700 weight would be about right.
    I pretty much agree with all of these.

In our V+ mod settings we kept the weight limit but reduced the weight of items be an amount.

One problem I feel this team struggles with is consistency. They want brutal but still want to respect player's time, but they're all over the map with both. I realize it is still early development but I think this is a struggle they should focus on going forward.

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration