Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony Reverses Course On PS3 And PS Vita Stores, Will Continue Offering Digital Purchases | MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageSony Reverses Course On PS3 And PS Vita Stores, Will Continue Offering Digital Purchases | MMORPG.com

Sony was in some hot water over some of their decisions lately, mainly the news that Vita and PS3 games would no longer be purchaseable on Sony's digital marketplace. However, after tons of negative feedback, Sony has reversed course, announcing today that purchases will continue to be available.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Sony's management today is a joke
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

tremmor said:

The decision had common sense actually and it was nowhere near a "joke" of a decision. Pulling the plug for old .. "tech" is very normal.

HidekiNomurajimmywolf

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

IceAge said:

tremmor said:

The decision had common sense actually and it was nowhere near a "joke" of a decision. Pulling the plug for old .. "tech" is very normal.

It's still a joke because they can't be bothered to allow those games to be purchased and played on PS4/PS5, even though there is an emulator which completely proved SONY is full of shit with all the "cell processor bad" talk. They can totally add at least emulation on PS5 and that way they can shut those stores down without those games disappearing from the planet.

• RamenJunkieRamenJunkie Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Honestly I can't imagine the infrastructure needed to run the PS3 and Vita store is that huge these days. They are keeping the ability to download titles, which would be the expensive part. It's not like they are adding a ton of games either for these older systems that someone needs to maintain.
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I just let out a big sigh. It's sad they caved into these...types.
    finefluff
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    yes types of consumers that like to have their platform supported for long periods of time,
    you are literally complaining about a good thing, typical shitposter on this site
    finefluffIselinNaitakalWalkinGlenn
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

I just let out a big sigh. It's sad they caved into these...types.

Some of those types besides potential consumers are developers which Sony gave no heads-up on too which foretells how current developers should expect from Sony. I'm surprised Sony self-corrected itself but glad they did. For how long, who knows?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

IceAge said:

tremmor said:

It's still a joke because they can't be bothered to allow those games to be purchased and played on PS4/PS5, even though there is an emulator which completely proved SONY is full of shit with all the "cell processor bad" talk. They can totally add at least emulation on PS5 and that way they can shut those stores down without those games disappearing from the planet.

Have you miss-read the word(s) "Old Tech" ?

Is not just "adding" whatever the code from an emulator is into PS4/PS5 and call the day. Emulators offer no guarantee and in many cases is messing around with games, saves, etc.

If they want to add support for older consoles into PS4/5 they need to do it right which requires a significant additional work by adding old code ( or updated ) into the new code. And let's not talk about the vulnerabilities they need to fix or add fixes, etc.

You sound like someone who comes from WoW private servers who says "Hey Blizz, look how easy is to create a Classic WoW. Even I can do it. Why don't you?????"

Yea..no! That's not how things work.
    rojoArcueid

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Glad I got off the console merry-go-round years ago.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Glad I got off the console merry-go-round years ago.
    Serious question: is it any worse than the "Windows version no longer supported" merry-go-round?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

IceAge said:

IceAge said:

tremmor said:

Have you miss-read the word(s) "Old Tech" ?

Is not just "adding" whatever the code from an emulator is into PS4/PS5 and call the day. Emulators offer no guarantee and in many cases is messing around with games, saves, etc.

If they want to add support for older consoles into PS4/5 they need to do it right which requires a significant additional work by adding old code ( or updated ) into the new code. And let's not talk about the vulnerabilities they need to fix or add fixes, etc.

You sound like someone who comes from WoW private servers who says "Hey Blizz, look how easy is to create a Classic WoW. Even I can do it. Why don't you?????"

Yea..no! That's not how things work.

They made the console, and they have done emulation in the past. They know exactly what to do.
    [Deleted User]