Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone happy with Windows 10 update/Edge?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Is anyone surprised that Microsoft would be so dubious they made Edge a core component of Windows 10 so we cannot delete it?

Then to make matters worse ,the people they employ on their support team either don't know wtf they are doing or are playing dumb.

So of course Microsoft will give you their speech about they are trying to make Edge the best experience ever yada yada,we suggest to set your preferred browser rather than try and delete Edge,knowing full well you can't delete Edge.

So people that tried to delete Edge through various methods including power shell and renaming the folder were greeted with duplicate folders now ..lol.

So after support makes you jump through hoops the real truth comes out......Oh sorry if you attained Edge via the latest update you cannot remove it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I don't like the shift to a Chromium based browser. Google is fairly bad at making efficient code. The slowness in the previous Edge browser can be attributed to ads. It speeds right up with an ad blocker. More than likely its because of how Google programs their ad servers and controls most of that market. Non-chromium browsers have an artificial slow down, or you use the bloated chromium browser. 
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I still use Firefox, so the update to Edge hasn't affected me. I keep Edge and Chrome installed and on my toolbar purely for testing purposes, but MS have always been terrible with their internet browsers and I don't trust Google at all, so I dislike using their browser.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Edge always freezes and hiccups for me, and I have a really nice rig.  I use firefox and chrome.
  • bonnieshonabonnieshona Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I don't see what the problem is. Hasn't it always been considered a core component like Internet Explorer? I mean, what's the big deal to just leave it on? You guys trying to force removal are very possibly just causing yourself problems with Windows.

As for it coming back on updates, well, when you have a feature pack update it's basically a new version of Windows that is installed, so it makes sense that all the core components are back.

Anyways, I think the new Edge is great. I've been using it exclusively since they started pushing out the update, and I've never looked back. Great browser, and the only one I need.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Microsoft indeed tries to force Edge on you.

One seriously has to use the taskmaster to kill that stupid piece of garbage popping up every once in a while.

Way to go M$ now I know immediately nobody wants this crap. Otherwise you wouldnt have to go to these lengths.

• BuckridgeBuckridge Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2020
    I hope the bugs that have appeared recently will be fixed before the holidays so :)

www.myccpay.com
    Post edited by Buckridge on
  • Annieding5317Annieding5317 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    If you intend to take your service to the following degree, you must consider establishing an online service contact number. With a virtual organization number, you can boost the performance of your organization. In this message, we will take a look at digital business numbers and also how you can get up as well as running with one for your organization. Let's start.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    So you're saying that they're treating Edge about like how they treated Internet Explorer many years ago?  Except that Edge isn't nearly as awful as IE was.  No major browser has ever been the abomination that IE 6-8 were.

I've been using Opera for nearly twenty years now, and still haven't seen a good reason to switch away from it as my primary browser.
  • hotstarlogihotstarlogi Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Disney+ Hotstar is India's largest premium streaming platform with more than 100000 hours of drama and movies in 17 languages
    Really great post admin thanks for sharing this. try 
  • AffilUserAffilUser Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Edge may be a good browser unlike Internet Explorer, which got a bad name

Microsoft constantly bypasses the interface and it's bad, for about 10 years I've been using Google Chrome and I like it, I'm used to the interface, I know all the buttons by heart and it's very convenient
    Download http://advanced.systemcare.pro/ Advanced SystemCare Pro
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • h4rrydavidh4rrydavid Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Hire an experience hacker!
    Have you tried to buy hacking services before? Not happy with the results? Only empty promises but no one getting the job done? then you should try Blackhat_plug, the dark webs most trusted hacker for getting things done.

My expertise is programming, running exploits, setting up DDOS attacks and i like the challenge of doing things where most others give up.

Examples:
    Spear Phishing Attacks to get accounts from selected targets.
    I can "recover" passwords of most social networks easily, remote control smartphones.
    Facebook, reddit, Instagram, Twitter account hacking..

Full package deal, getting access to personal or company devices and accounts and searching for the data you need.
    Hacking web-servers, game servers or other internet infrastructure. Basically anything a hacker needs to be successful.

If you want me to destroy some business or a persons life, I'll do it!

Examples:
    Simply hacking something technically.
    Causing a lot of technical trouble on websites / networks to disrupt their service with DDOS and other methods.
    Economic espionage. Getting private information from someone.
    Ruining your opponents, business or private persons you don't like, i can ruin them financially and or get them arrested, whatever you like.

Telegram: @Blackhat_plug