Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords of Legends Online Showcases Its Summoner Support Class In Latest Preview | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageSwords of Legends Online Showcases Its Summoner Support Class In Latest Preview | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online has been revealing a new class every day this week, capping off the work week with its support and pet class, The Summoner.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    What a unique looking MMO.

/s
    Viper482bgzgamer
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    first i heard of this mmo, gonna have to check it out a bit more.

I like paying a pet class

oh was that a Freudian slip? I meant playing, really I did...
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    At first I had no interest because it looked like more F2P garbage, but then I see that they are charging for the game so I have hope it might be decent.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited April 2021
    Those are not the Korean words so Chinese game. Subscription based is it. Then hopefully it will avoid the many gaping problems brought about by the cash shop. However it is Gameforge so dubious is as dubious does. We'll have to see.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kitarad said:
    Those are not the Korean words so Chinese game. Subscription based is it. Then hopefully it will avoid the many gaping problems brought about by the cash shop. However it is Gameforge so dubious is as dubious does. We'll have to see.
    They do a sub in China but it will be B2P + cash shop here without a sub.

They say that the cash shop will be cosmetics only. They haven't even mentioned "convenience" which is usually the immediate or gradual road to P2W.

Wait and see is the only reasonable thing to do with this one.
    kitaradKrisConwayAsm0deus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    More eastern trash! yay!
    CryomatrixMcSleazNeoyoshiSailorMom
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited April 2021
    Yeah this game is kinda up in the air, because from what I've gathered, it's not a very popular game over in China among it's own native Chinese gamers.

I don't keep up with Chinese gaming trends, or pay a lot attention to what a lot of Chinese gamers like; but i do see what is ranked higher on Chinese websites like 17173.com; and it tends to be Western, Korean, and Japanese games that are always ranked at the top of lists vs a Chinese release.

Dungeons fighters online, WoW, Gw2, Genshin Impact, Blade & Soul, Black Desert online; these are the game titles i see at the top of chinese game rank websites.

Which makes sense, I'm a westerner, so i tend to be dazzled and captivated by games made from a foreign country. And i reckon chinese gamers probably feel the same way- i mean i suspect they have got to be sick and tired of all of those chinese online games or mmorpg's that romanticize all of the famous chinese Ming dynasty novels like "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and "Journey to the West" - there's so many of them.

I don't know how good this game is personally, but i havn't heard terrible things about it either. A couple of folk on the Steam forums say they've enjoyed playing on the Chinese servers for the last 2 years.
    cheyane

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Its anime/manga with moaning and all the asian aesthetics. It's a 0/10 from me instantly.