Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suspicious Connection Blocked

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,055
edited April 2021 in Help Desk
I just started getting this today from my antivirus Bitdefender when I connect to MMORPG.com, any idea as to why? Never had an issue before and have had Bitdefender for awhile.

"Suspicious connection blocked
now
Feature:
Online Threat Prevention
chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to www.radwarebotmanager.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."
Tiller

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,815
    Might be helpful if you post the exact page URL that causes it. Is it at the base URL/site, a post, the forums, etc. Your Browser and version might be helpful. It looks like you're using Chrome.

I haven't seen that in Firefox, but I also use Cloudflare DNS and Ublock Origin. I don't use a third party malware service either, but Win Defender hasn't barked at me.
    Asheram
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,722
    edited April 2021
    bitdefender is blocking www.radwarebotmanager.com due to it having an expired cert, nothing much to worry about I think.  Just one of the spam adsite being blocked or somesuch.

BTW I have bitdefender and it blocking that site too for me on firefox when I try to go to it. 

I'm not getting this message when coming to mmorpg.com though but then I have ABP and UblockOrigin  so most of that crap is already being blocked.

TorvalAsheram

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A bot management program designed to let their money making schemes bot away but to thwart potential bot hackers.
    They didn't update their certificate.

We just had a  W10 update.Ok not at home,way too difficult to type/see like this,used to big screen.
    Asheram

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,055
    edited April 2021
    Torval said:
    Might be helpful if you post the exact page URL that causes it. Is it at the base URL/site, a post, the forums, etc. Your Browser and version might be helpful. It looks like you're using Chrome.

I haven't seen that in Firefox, but I also use Cloudflare DNS and Ublock Origin. I don't use a third party malware service either, but Win Defender hasn't barked at me.
    Its not really a page url I am getting it is a pop up from bitdefender saying it blocked a suspicious connection and when I go to it for more info the message I originally posted appears. I only get it on this site but only since today.

Wizardry said:
    A bot management program designed to let their money making schemes bot away but to thwart potential bot hackers.
    They didn't update their certificate.

We just had a  W10 update.Ok not at home,way too difficult to type/see like this,used to big screen.
    So probably something from the recent windows 10 update, thank you.
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,815
    Asm0deus said:
    bitdefender is blocking www.radwarebotmanager.com due to it having an expired cert, nothing much to worry about I think.  Just one of the spam adsite being blocked or somesuch.

BTW I have bitdefender and it blocking that site too for me on firefox when I try to go to it. 

I'm not getting this message when coming to mmorpg.com though but then I have ABP and UblockOrigin  so most of that crap is already being blocked.

Thanks for the info. This makes sense to me.
    Asheram
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration