Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Linear Leveling Progression dead?

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Rungar said:
    all mine are maxed out and i dont even notice them. Of course my base is a tad bigger than yours. 

just a fyi the accessories dont actually have to be in your house. They can be nearby outside if your house is on the smaller side. 

I wouldnt of done the way they did. I would of done it so the bench itself changes and each placable one could have 2-3 options placed on it as well. 

Oh yea! I've seen players building small 4x4 temporary bases and throwing accessories (anvil, tanning rack, etc) on the roof, under the floor and lining outer walls. Thanks for the reminder :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Rungar said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    Rungar said:
    To be honest with you I see the classic rpg in decline and survival on the incline. Its only a matter of time before mmo developers start switching gears to more survival oriented gameplay as ive suggested even if they hold on to some rpg aspects. 

I cant see any studio throwing out yet another level grinder and expecting any amount of success. Wow is the most popular mmorpg and its like 15 years old. The next three dont have 5 million active players combined. 

Not hard to see that formula changing.  New world will likely be a commercial failure and theres nothing else really since the genre has stagnated terribly while tiny unfinished games like Valheim sell 6 mill copies in a month. Its going to turn a few heads.
    Isn't the real solution just make small survival game instead of making gigantic mmorpg with survival element?

The thing I read from all this comment is people need to go to the front page of google and see how much hours the average wow players play per week.  And check against how many hours it is to reach max level and realize in the grand scale of things it don't matter.  
    likely because the survival games are better rpg's than the rpgs are. This whole adherence to D&D rules has crippled and kills rpgs. Now they can only be one thing and thats why it has become stagnant, which no one can deny. 

the rules were supposed to be the bridge but in modern computing you dont need that stuff anymore because you can better simulate the reality of it. 

I really doubt using D&D rules has crippled role playing games.

What numbers used to see how a character hits, or what outcome occurs isn't what makes or breaks a role playing game.

It's how they are used. 
    AlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    The carrot mechanism is broken with that model. It deceptively causes players to play improperly by over promoting the linear progression.  

AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I wish MMORPG were based on Zelda games than DnD.  The genre being based on 90% generic questing and 10% repeat daily's, dungeons, and raids is a sad state for a genre with potential to be more than just combat simulator, loot and numbers.  

MMORPG are not RPG.  Not to say that they don't have RPG elements or roots.  The basis for the genre is to be a person in a persistent fictional online environment with other people.  MMORPG focus on character development.  This development does not have to be DnD levels mixed with Diablo loot.    

There is a lot of comfort for developer and players with levels.  But the genre largely stayed the same for years. 
    MendelAlBQuirky
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Rungar said:
    Wizardry said:
    Rungar said:
    I dont like classes anymore either. I used to but realized that they are impossible to balance and are only a source of strife among the players. Nowadays I prefer that players should choose their "Role" by making active choices within the game ( that can all be undone through the gameplay)

I would like to upend the "roles" a little bit to though. You could still specialize but all players would be expected to do damage and one other role. There would be no dedicated "damage dealer" ( since everyone would just choose that to the determent of the game)

so instead we have roles like fighter, mage and rogue.  All can be damage dealers in their own way. I think it might be better to throw the whole tanking idea out the window and focus more on interesting types of crowd control and evasion. 

so fighter is a melee damage expert, mage magic and rogue situational/stealth.  Like the triangle above somewhere in-between these three is what's right for you. For instance a ranger would be part fighter, part mage and part rogue. A healer would be part fighter and part mage. A crowd controller might be part mage and part rogue and so on. 

So we have defined roles but they are more like a continuum than a choice. Like the physicality triangle when you take from one you lose something else. The middle of the triangle is adventurer and that's how you start. 

When you combine this with the basebuilding aspect of building your character you start to see the enormous content potential collecting everything required for all of it, even though you might only use a fraction of it at any time.  
    No what you are talking about is removing the ROLE from role play gaming.You mention impossible to balance well yes of course it is but in PVE that does NOT matter one bit.

I also don't think you "get it"when comes to role playing and being in a group.Once you allow each player to do it all it is no longer a ROLE and no longer really a group or team work,just a bunch of people all doing their own thing.

So i will draw up a scenario that proves how SLOPPY the combat can become if there are no roles.
    Ok so whomever does the most dps will automatically become the tank,so then what happens when that player is not designed to be a tank,takes massive damage and all of a sudden the rest of the jack of all trades group all start spamming heals and end up over healing and WASTING mana.

This is why i so detest the modern era trying to turn mmorpg's into mobile combat with somersaults and everyone just running all over the place.The best part about mmorpg combat is when it is controlled and each player knows their role so that resources are used properly and hate managed properly.

I have already seen how gamers try and DUMB DOWN rpg's into zerg fests and super fast xp,they are imo ruining the whole reason to game because it should NEVER be about how fast you level.Levels should be a LONG stop over to  enjoy what you have attained and achieved,it should be about the RIDE.Levels should not be a fast drive by with no care at all for the GAME but the only goal is to reach end level then fight bosses in instances,for WHAT purpose?

The bottom line is that to me it truly feels like VERY few truly understand what RPG gaming should be about.Just because some lame tard developer like Blizzard strkies it rich with Wow does NOT mean Wow is how they should be designed because it is imo the ANTI mmorpg.
    I disagree that the role is removed. The trinity concept is dead because players make it dead. Literally 10 times as many player play dps than tanks or healers. Its clearly broken from a gameplay point of view. 

Thus all players need to be able to do damage. At some point you just have to admit it no longer works. Tank healer dps doesnt work in modern mmo's. Too few tanks and healers, too many dps. 

therefore the fighter/mage/rogue roles, all of which can do damage, are better suited to players. I really didnt like that games moved away from crowd control. Eq did a really good job with it but the mesmerize spell was a little too much. I think its needs to be brought back with more thought put into crowd control, specifically how to do it with without complete lockdown. Part of this equation is improving the behavior of the mobs themselves. 
    I disagree. the issue isnt that the number of tanks and healers are outnumbered by DPS players. This issue is the design of Group sizes and applications of the roles. If There are 1 tank for every 7 DPS, why have a 5 man standard group size? Why not have a 10 player group standard with 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 DPS? Makes far more sense. 
    IselinKyleranAlBQuirky

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I disagree. the issue isnt that the number of tanks and healers are outnumbered by DPS players. This issue is the design of Group sizes and applications of the roles. If There are 1 tank for every 7 DPS, why have a 5 man standard group size? Why not have a 10 player group standard with 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 DPS? Makes far more sense. 
    I don't know that you need to go all the way to 10 but you're definitely right in that there's a connection with group size. ESO has extra long queues for DPS because their dungeon group size is 4.

Queueing as a tank gets me a group in 15 seconds or less. As a healer (which is what I queue as most often) it averages 30 seconds. For DPS, without exaggeration, it can be 30 minutes or more.

Even a group size of 6 instead of 4 would halve the DPS wait time.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Rungar said:
    Wizardry said:
    Rungar said:
    I dont like classes anymore either. I used to but realized that they are impossible to balance and are only a source of strife among the players. Nowadays I prefer that players should choose their "Role" by making active choices within the game ( that can all be undone through the gameplay)

I would like to upend the "roles" a little bit to though. You could still specialize but all players would be expected to do damage and one other role. There would be no dedicated "damage dealer" ( since everyone would just choose that to the determent of the game)

so instead we have roles like fighter, mage and rogue.  All can be damage dealers in their own way. I think it might be better to throw the whole tanking idea out the window and focus more on interesting types of crowd control and evasion. 

so fighter is a melee damage expert, mage magic and rogue situational/stealth.  Like the triangle above somewhere in-between these three is what's right for you. For instance a ranger would be part fighter, part mage and part rogue. A healer would be part fighter and part mage. A crowd controller might be part mage and part rogue and so on. 

So we have defined roles but they are more like a continuum than a choice. Like the physicality triangle when you take from one you lose something else. The middle of the triangle is adventurer and that's how you start. 

When you combine this with the basebuilding aspect of building your character you start to see the enormous content potential collecting everything required for all of it, even though you might only use a fraction of it at any time.  
    No what you are talking about is removing the ROLE from role play gaming.You mention impossible to balance well yes of course it is but in PVE that does NOT matter one bit.

I also don't think you "get it"when comes to role playing and being in a group.Once you allow each player to do it all it is no longer a ROLE and no longer really a group or team work,just a bunch of people all doing their own thing.

So i will draw up a scenario that proves how SLOPPY the combat can become if there are no roles.
    Ok so whomever does the most dps will automatically become the tank,so then what happens when that player is not designed to be a tank,takes massive damage and all of a sudden the rest of the jack of all trades group all start spamming heals and end up over healing and WASTING mana.

This is why i so detest the modern era trying to turn mmorpg's into mobile combat with somersaults and everyone just running all over the place.The best part about mmorpg combat is when it is controlled and each player knows their role so that resources are used properly and hate managed properly.

I have already seen how gamers try and DUMB DOWN rpg's into zerg fests and super fast xp,they are imo ruining the whole reason to game because it should NEVER be about how fast you level.Levels should be a LONG stop over to  enjoy what you have attained and achieved,it should be about the RIDE.Levels should not be a fast drive by with no care at all for the GAME but the only goal is to reach end level then fight bosses in instances,for WHAT purpose?

The bottom line is that to me it truly feels like VERY few truly understand what RPG gaming should be about.Just because some lame tard developer like Blizzard strkies it rich with Wow does NOT mean Wow is how they should be designed because it is imo the ANTI mmorpg.
    I disagree that the role is removed. The trinity concept is dead because players make it dead. Literally 10 times as many player play dps than tanks or healers. Its clearly broken from a gameplay point of view. 

Thus all players need to be able to do damage. At some point you just have to admit it no longer works. Tank healer dps doesnt work in modern mmo's. Too few tanks and healers, too many dps. 

therefore the fighter/mage/rogue roles, all of which can do damage, are better suited to players. I really didnt like that games moved away from crowd control. Eq did a really good job with it but the mesmerize spell was a little too much. I think its needs to be brought back with more thought put into crowd control, specifically how to do it with without complete lockdown. Part of this equation is improving the behavior of the mobs themselves. 
    That's pretty much how DAOC worked, 1 tank, 1 pure healer and the other 6 slots could be filled in a variety of ways depending on the situation, at least for PVE.

All bets were off in PVP, group composition usually required a healer, speeder and mezzer, with other 5 slots in almost any combo.

IselinAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited April 2021
    Having played daoc i cant agree that an 8 man group will yield better results. What looks good on paper doesnt always work out in practice. It will end up being even more waiting. 

Someone has to take a piss, brb phone, healer gotta go. Tank sux.. and so on down the line. 

I'd dont see why anyone would want to hang onto it. Its not even that good gameplay and i only play tanks and healers. 

the best gameplay that ever existed in a mmo was in eq1 when you had no tank ( i,e warrior). Why? because most classes were armed to the teeth with multiple forms of crowd control and in the early game it worked really well. 

im not saying there shouldnt be tanks and healers but taunt/threat has to go, but i am saying is that all players should be better equipped defensively with eq style crowd control maybe without the mesmerize. 

taunt overrides all the fun. Some mobs should always target healers or magic users. Some mobs should target the lowest health. some mobs should always attack the fighters.  These behaviors shouldnt be completely nullified because i pressed a taunt button. 

we should have to deal with these behaviors with softer methods that achieve the same thing. 

in no way should the design ever rely on one guy with a taunt button, that very few players are interested in playing,  to play the game. Its really bad design.  

AlBQuirky
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Rungar said:
    The carrot mechanism is broken with that model. It deceptively causes players to play improperly by over promoting the linear progression.  

I think mmorpg are generally unhealthy.  It exploit the worse human behavior.  I keep telling you to check people's playing hour because for many it is an extreme unhealthy amount.

As unfortunate as it is, most of the people playing mmorpg right now are carrot chaser. 

For those that don't want to do it.... and thankfully I think it is the majority, they simply play other genre.  

I think the detest of linear progression is many people simply don't have that much time.  But they actually do want progression, just easily achievable.  But unfortunately the baseliner for most mmorpg are crazy addicted gamer who are like mice running in a wheel.  
    AlBQuirkyMendel
    edited April 2021
    AAAMEOW said:
    Rungar said:

I think mmorpg are generally unhealthy.  It exploit the worse human behavior.  I keep telling you to check people's playing hour because for many it is an extreme unhealthy amount.

As unfortunate as it is, most of the people playing mmorpg right now are carrot chaser. 

For those that don't want to do it.... and thankfully I think it is the majority, they simply play other genre.  

I think the detest of linear progression is many people simply don't have that much time.  But they actually do want progression, just easily achievable.  But unfortunately the baseliner for most mmorpg are crazy addicted gamer who are like mice running in a wheel.  
    While i agree that the designs often exploit human weaknesses ( levelling and loot) i dont think most players are actually "addicted" to such things. 

Most people are just bored and leverage online games as kind of a life timesink. It is the second cheapest hobby next to the ultimate timesink: forums ( aka social media). 

Its really just a demonstration of how isolated you are. If you regularly use social media or online games you are likely isolated in some way. Its not a judgement, its a state of the world. 

I will add one more thing: Men usually dont socialize by talking. Women do that. Men socialize by doing things. Drink beer, play sports, play games, go hunting, build something, theorizing, investigating, tinkering etc. 

online games are a perfect fit for men if their friends live in other places. No men i know spend any time on the phone or social media, but almost all play online games.

Post edited by Rungar on
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    edited April 2021
    Rungar said:
    Having played daoc i cant agree that an 8 man group will yield better results. What looks good on paper doesnt always work out in practice. It will end up being even more waiting. 

Someone has to take a piss, brb phone, healer gotta go. Tank sux.. and so on down the line. 

I'd dont see why anyone would want to hang onto it. Its not even that good gameplay and i only play tanks and healers. 

the best gameplay that ever existed in a mmo was in eq1 when you had no tank ( i,e warrior). Why? because most classes were armed to the teeth with multiple forms of crowd control and in the early game it worked really well. 

im not saying there shouldnt be tanks and healers but taunt/threat has to go, but i am saying is that all players should be better equipped defensively with eq style crowd control maybe without the mesmerize. 

taunt overrides all the fun. Some mobs should always target healers or magic users. Some mobs should target the lowest health. some mobs should always attack the fighters.  These behaviors shouldnt be completely nullified because i pressed a taunt button. 

we should have to deal with these behaviors with softer methods that achieve the same thing. 

in no way should the design ever rely on one guy with a taunt button, that very few players are interested in playing,  to play the game. Its really bad design.  

You left off "in your opinion."

I played DAOC for about 5 years and yes, 8 man's were far better than 4 or 5, rarely do I recall having to wait long for a group regardless of class except for my stealthers, people invited them in mostly on a charity basis.

As for tanks and taunting not sure what game formed your opinion, (WOW perhaps?) certainly not DAOC. While tanks did grab aggro it could easily be broken by over healing, expired CC, excessive DPS so there was usually a need for an off tank and CC to keep things manageable.

ESO definitely does things different, a tank is expected to taunt to manage the focus and positioning of the bosses, but that's about it. 

Saw a video which called this the bottom level of the tanking pyramid, Get Aggro, Don't Die

After that they assist with buffing, debuffing, healing, short term snares but it's really up to the rest of the group to survive and manage adds. 

These tasks make up the succeeding levels in the pyramid where the pinnacle is "Everything" which not everyone can manage nor are even possible in some situations.

I enjoy trinity designs, though again I feel DAOC was better as it had more like 5 or even 6 roles players filled in a group with more variety in terms of hybrids and combined roles, the Midgard healer being particular challenge as it was a primary mezzer as well.

kitaradcheyaneAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited April 2021
    DAOC was my favorite mmo. I played a midgard healer ( heals and CC). 

As far as the taunt is concerned i think were in agreement. In games like eq1 and daoc you could easily gain aggro from the tank by overdoing it. That isn't really possible in a game like ESO, which I also enjoyed. 

eq/daoc had a strategy, eso has a nullify button

Eso's system is nowhere near as good as eq1's or daoc's. Its an oversimplification. Not to say those other games were perfect, they werent. The whole taunt idea needs a rethink. 

Eso also has chains which is a great tanking tool other games didnt have. My thinking is more skills like chains and less or no taunts. 

This lets fighters be fighters again. Knockdowns, bashes, leashes, grapples. A fighter should be a melee damage expert and a melee range cc expert. 

this giant hp "tank" with the i win taunt button is garbage. I also agree with you on the roles ( i.e more of them) but think should be more integrated into a small easily formedparty. i.e each player has to contribute more. 
    IselinAlBQuirkyKyleran
    Rungar said:
    DAOC was my favorite mmo. I played a midgard healer ( heals and CC). 

As far as the taunt is concerned i think were in agreement. In games like eq1 and daoc you could easily gain aggro from the tank by overdoing it. That isn't really possible in a game like ESO, which I also enjoyed. 

eq/daoc had a strategy, eso has a nullify button

Eso's system is nowhere near as good as eq1's or daoc's. Its an oversimplification. Not to say those other games were perfect, they werent. The whole taunt idea needs a rethink. 

Eso also has chains which is a great tanking tool other games didnt have. My thinking is more skills like chains and less or no taunts. 

This lets fighters be fighters again. Knockdowns, bashes, leashes, grapples. A fighter should be a melee damage expert and a melee range cc expert. 

this giant hp "tank" with the i win taunt button is garbage. 
    I'm starting to question if you've even played ESO or if you did, to what level. ESO has no AOE taunt - that's the difference between it and most other trinity games. 

Chains are a gimmick that DKs have that can help grab a stray in a pinch but basic tanking in ESO is taunt one (usually the boss) and use very short duration CC to try to gather as many adds as you can and keep them away from the rest of the group. But you can't grab and hold them all so a typical ESO boss fight which more often than not is boss + adds ALWAYS has strays going after the healer and DPS.

Experienced players walk those strays to the tank while dodging, blocking, bashing etc., and hope they'll get grabbed by the tanks next CC.

But the point is that you're out to lunch describing ESO as having a godlike tank that taunts and tanks it all. That's WOW, not ESO.

I've played both at high levels so I know the difference. Apparently you don't.

kitaradcheyaneAlBQuirkyKyleran[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2021
    AAAMEOW said:
    Rungar said:

I exercise daily and I read books and watch some shows with my husband (we just finished watching the first part of the last season of Attack on Titan and have started on a Korean drama Stranger season 2) but I also play for around 5-7 hours a day. I enjoy MMORPGs that have quests and I am a completionist. I enjoy reading and completing well written quests. That in itself is a fun endeavour for me. I am a housewife so I have more time than someone with a 9-5 job and I admit I am addicted to the grind but I don't see how that is a problem. Helps that I only sleep for 5 hours a day age and lack of sleep :) go together I am told. It is far better doing this than before covid what my other female friends were doing, where they go window shopping and get together and gossip. Buy useless handbags and designer crap.

I feel that these MMORPGs like AO, FFXIV, CoH, WoW, EQ2 and P99 have really kept me occupied. I don't see how that is a problem unless you don't exercise and take time to do other things. Just being addicted to these games by itself isn't a problem unless you're playing 18 hours a day. 

I also don't understand why levelling is a bad thing or mechanic, it is something I enjoy and look forward to and more of it in other games. I don't think I'm alone in this fondness for these types of games either judging by their popularity. I also love making a character and allotting points and being restricted by race, class and other aspects like in Dungeons and Dragons Online where you make choices and there are strict rules on what your class/race can do because without them there is no structure and the game becomes simply too boring. I dislike games that don't have direction or limits and quests are very important aspect of a game to me and the quests have to connected to progression. I also feel that having a game with no structure is not appealing to me in the end. It's a nice idea but not for me.

I think Everquest shaped all MMORPGs for me and I tend to always judge them with the EQ litmus and games have to follow certain number of concepts and builds for me to be intrigued by them. Any game that is too open does not interest me I'm afraid. Not saying they are bad just not for me.
    AlBQuirkyAAAMEOW
    Chamber of Chains
    Maybe you dont play eso. My tanks can heal themselves indefinitely, have an invincible taunt that cannot be overridden by doing too much damage or overhealing. 

my taunt is one of the cheapest skills in the game and i can easily spam it at will for little cost. 

the only problem with my tanks is that despite everything it has it can still be oneshot in dlc vet content if you miss a block or dont roll dodge in time.  So im either invincible or made of glass. 

so it isnt actually a tank at all sometimes which is why i question the logic of how the "tanks" work in that game.   
     >:) Oh boy you've gone and done it. Anyone who has been on these boards knows very well how much of ESO  @Iselin has played. Not going to win any arguments by suggesting otherwise.
    IselinAlBQuirkyKyleran[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    edited April 2021
    i already won the argument based alone on the abysmal numbers of players who play tanks in that game. My experience is based on pugs not some easymode stacked group. 
    edited April 2021
    cheyane said:
     >:) Oh boy you've gone and done it. Anyone who has been on these boards knows very well how much of ESO  @Iselin has played. Not going to win any arguments by suggesting otherwise.
    It's fine. I'm not even going to bother.

Extreme (although imaginary) problems with extreme proposed solutions bore me.

It is kind of interesting to have a second Delete now though :)
    cheyanekitaradKyleran[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

That's savage calling him a second Delete  :p
    IselinkitaradAlBQuirkyKyleran[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    yawn.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    cheyane said:
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

Thank God I don't turn people in :)
    MendelKyleranAlBQuirky
    cheyane said:
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

Thank God I don't turn people in :)
    I thought the rule was say their name 3 times and they appear, that was only twice.

;)
    SovrathAlBQuirky

cheyane said:
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

I dunno seems more a brother to @Ungood really.
    RungarcameltosisAlBQuirky

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I always looked at levels kinda like I am aging......Level 8 was kinda like being 8 years old....I was better than I was at 5, but not as good as I will be at 12....Unfortunately that only works up to a certain point......Level 85 would be pretty painful if we use the age reference.....
    I always looked at levels kinda like I am aging......Level 8 was kinda like being 8 years old....I was better than I was at 5, but not as good as I will be at 12....Unfortunately that only works up to a certain point......Level 85 would be pretty painful if we use the age reference.....
    Thats actually not so bad because it demonstrates that if you start something like that, it also tends to end when the numbers run out or get long in the tooth. 

Nowadays the levelling is usually so fast it seems almost dangerous to put the "end" aspect into the players minds. What do we see? Rush to endgame and then be disappointed with lack of content. 

AlBQuirky