Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords Of Legends Online Details Its Reaper Class | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited April 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageSwords Of Legends Online Details Its Reaper Class | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online is starting to detail its new MMO coming to the West and it's starting with some class reveals. The Reaper is up first, brinigng its hybrid-DPS role to the fore.

Read the full story here

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so another bug ridden game from china huh?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,552
    "so another bug ridden game from china huh?"

It's a hole they've dug for themselves. The only way to change player opinions is to bring out a well supported, good quality game with a relatively wide ranging interest format.

So there we are - 3 things. Doesn't sound much, however recent history presents us with offerings that don't get near that.

We will wait and see what this company presents us with this time.
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Let's see how Gameforge will make this game more 'western' first. And what that will involve.
    Asm0deus
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member UncommonPosts: 381
    edited April 2021
    Hmmmm.

How about, no. Sorry. :(

Let me be perfectly clear, remember Revelation Online?

Alright so in China, that game was called TianYu online- the Chinese version well... i played it, and it was actually really good.

Then it gets localized to the west and My.com is at the helm; i even volunteered as a forum moderator for them and created a small webcomic series because I liked what I had experienced from the Chinese version.

When Revelation online goes into beta, I noticed... things.. missing, then a lot of things, then a holyfuckton of things... missing from our version; and I realized why.

In Chinese gaming, they do a lot and I mean A LOT of promotional stuff with 3rd parties when it comes to their game content, so in TianYu, is was packed full of all these neat and fancy promotional stuff; items, mounts, quests, outfits, even weapons.

Their social engagement with their online audience was also extremely surprising and pleasing to see, the GM's in the Chinese version even spoke English; and greeted the western players because they knew we were there. They even hosted a competitive game content contest having top player-groups pit against other groups from the West.

A lot of the games QoL stuff just made the experience better, because the core of the game was never anything really special, so that extra stuff helped.

So I just don't want to go through all that again, because I've come to understand what localizing a foreign game for a western audience often means now- it's stripping away what makes that game what it is, and molding it into something else- history has proven to me that more often hurts the game rather then helps it thrive in another locale.
    FoolOfATook39

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 686

You got all that from the video huh?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

not from the last what? 4 or 5 games made from chinese devs I saw on stream
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 48

not from the last what? 4 or 5 games made from chinese devs I saw on stream

I don't play it at all, mainly cause of gacha mechanics, but isn't Genshin Impact developed by a Chinese developer?