Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile Drops A New Trailer For Path of Exile 2, As Well As Give Extensive Look At Gameplay |

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in Videos Discussion

imagePath of Exile Drops A New Trailer For Path of Exile 2, As Well As Give Extensive Look At Gameplay | MMORPG.com

In a new stream today, Grinding Gear Games gave a showcase of the work it's made on the upcoming sequel to its award-winning ARPG, Path of Exile 2. First shown off at Exilecon in 2019, this new trailer and gameplay reveal gives player more of an idea of what to expect when the sequel drops next year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    edited April 2021
    "Notice the charred bodies. We wanted to give the impression a battle happened when you leave the map"

Sure, but why are all the tents and carpets in the tents not burning?

Looks much smoother from what I recall though.
    Celcius
  • AgeniAgeni Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Shame, that graphic will be similiar. Would be nice to see some new look and change...looks promising tho....
    KalafaxGdemami
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Seems like the will give Blizzard another slap in the face!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I really want to give these games a chance, but I don't understand why they go solely for point and click movement. 
    Asm0deus

• NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88

Mensur said:

Seems like the will give Blizzard another slap in the face!

Yeah, if this was 15 years ago, I would say so, but sadly you don't have Blizzard anymore, nor Blizzard North which created Diablo back then. Also David Brevik (one of the creators of Diablo) has been seen quite often visiting GGG company for creative advises and such. They also were honored guests at the last Exilecon and according to Brevik and Schaefer's brothers (if you aren't aware, Brevik and the brothers are the holy trinity of Diablo), so according to them PoE is currently THE best RPG on the game market.

Also Chris Wilson was very passionate Diablo II fan (from whence they took inspiration for PoE), and they never hid that. In fact, Chris admitted numerous times he still admires Diablo II, even to this date how perfect this game is, and his PoE is very close to hit this bar, if it hasn't already.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    man poe2 is going to rock, looks freaking awesome, will be playing.
    [Deleted User]Celcius
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Never played PoE 1; just curious how is it that PoE 2 and 1 are going to be connected? I’m guessing the company has such a huge player base in PoE 1 it makes sense to connect them to keep that going rather than everyone abandon it for PoE 2.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Greatness said:
    Never played PoE 1; just curious how is it that PoE 2 and 1 are going to be connected? I’m guessing the company has such a huge player base in PoE 1 it makes sense to connect them to keep that going rather than everyone abandon it for PoE 2.

I imagine many will play both....
  • MajoreZaMajoreZa Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited April 2021
    POE is one of the BEST ARPG. The company behind is dedicated with no P2W crap. I am confident POE2 will even better with new classes, new skills and new loot.

Can't wait. Will be playing for sure.
    Celcius
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Greatness said:

POE1 and POE 2 share endgame, but is different story arcs to get to that endgame.

As a free to play game where fans have spend a lot of money on cosmetic and QoL stash items , (and the company's whole revenue comes from that) , its close to economical suicide to invalidate that investment by making a new stand alone game where players should start over again on investing in qol and cosmetics. Better to allow them to keep everything spend for money and be happy to spend even more.
    CelciusArglebargle
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Bloodaxes said:

I really want to give these games a chance, but I don't understand why they go solely for point and click movement. 

Because sometimes, (this is crazy I know) people actually like things you don't!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Really cool
    Chamber of Chains
    Celcius said:

Bloodaxes said:

Because sometimes, (this is crazy I know) people actually like things you don't!
    I mean sure. However, having multiple movement systems wouldn't hurt the game either. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited April 2021

Bloodaxes said:

Celcius said:

Bloodaxes said:

I mean sure. However, having multiple movement systems wouldn't hurt the game either. 

Indeed!

I give these games a spin but never play long as I get tired of the movement scheme that can't be switched to something else. Dunno but Point and Click is outdated and It just annoys me far too much.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    They nailed it perfectly ! Bring it on >:)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Same old new art job,a real lack of effort bringing nothing to the genre and NOT even trying to improve a very lacklustre genre.
    Does some of the art look real good,yes but art alone doesn't make a game or define a genre.
    KidRisk[Deleted User]Xatsh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm so burned out on the game.  I may skip POE until 2 comes out.
    ILLISET
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited April 2021

Bloodaxes said:

Celcius said:

Bloodaxes said:

It would also take tons of time to implement and take away from the rest of the game. It is also something very few people, if anyone, actually wants that currently plays the game. (A game that has had point to click movement for nearly a decade at this point) What you are asking for is a different game. There are plenty of other ARPG type games without point to click movement. You should check out something like Remnant or Borderlands.
    KidRisk
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88

I'm so burned out on the game.  I may skip POE until 2 comes out.

+1 on this
    FrodoFragins
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Now imagine if Tencent bought Blizz we'd actually get a WoW 2.
    Gdemami
    edited April 2021
    Celcius said:
    It would also take tons of time to implement and take away from the rest of the game. It is also something very few people, if anyone, actually wants that currently plays the game. (A game that has had point to click movement for nearly a decade at this point) What you are asking for is a different game. There are plenty of other ARPG type games without point to click movement. You should check out something like Remnant or Borderlands.
    I guess you never visit their reddit page. There's TONS of threads (weekly?) asking to implement wasd movement. I'm surely not the only one.

In addition, people created a mod (I think) that mimics the controller setup onto your keyboard effectively letting you play with wasd. However, I read that it's a bannable offence, so I'm not going to try it for sure.

To each their own. If there's one thing (there's more tbh) the new magic legends arpg did great is offer multiple options on how to play the game.

[Edit]

Apparently PoE2 will probably have controller support with UI. So that's good news at least.
    Post edited by Bloodaxes on
    GdemamiAsm0deus

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120

Ageni said:

Shame, that graphic will be similiar. Would be nice to see some new look and change...looks promising tho....

Maybe you watched this on 460p? These graphics put POE and D4 to shame bro. I'm thoroughly impressed.
  • ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120

Wizardry said:

Same old new art job,a real lack of effort bringing nothing to the genre and NOT even trying to improve a very lacklustre genre.

Does some of the art look real good,yes but art alone doesn't make a game or define a genre.

After reading many of your comments which most of I agree with, I'm getting the vibe that you rarely truly play a game to its entirety. Have you ever solod the endgame in POE? Even reached the 80s with your own unique build? Tried out hardcore at all? Get anywhere?

I have the feeling the answers to most of those are a hard no. You talk about POEs as if it hasn't damn near created its own genre of Diablo like ARPS and not to mention, did it incredibly well as am indi company. I would be surprised if you've ever played it enough to truly understand the game. It was probably too difficult and you made a judgment and quit is what I'm guessing.
    [Deleted User]
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Wizardry said:

It literally is the most in-dept and full featured game of its type out there right now. PoE sorta sucks for the very casual player. But anyone who wants a complex game with alot of freedom to build your own class this is it.

As for more then art, the endgame is actually extremely vast with multiple paths you can choose to take and focus in.  So I am not sure what you would want them to add to improve the genre that they are not doing. They are literally setting the bar.. might be so high right now not even sure if Diablo 4 will be able to compete.
    [Deleted User]