Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you had Dev Powers on Your Character For 1 Day, What Would You Do?

TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
edited April 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
So for any of your MMORPGs you play, you're given Dev powers/tools on you characters for a day.  What would you do with these powers?  Dev powers over the game as well (with in the reasonable limits that exist).

In game events? Mess with players? Complete stuff?

I'll wait to post mine, want to hear others... 
Post edited by TwistedSister77 on

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So you mean dev powers over the game not just OUR characters.
    Well i can't stand watching devs butcher their own games so if i had the power i would lock them out of their own games.

One day is not nearly enough to do something with a game or my character that would excite me or have any meaning.So i guess i am saying one day is not enough for me.

The only changes i would ever want from the actual games i play would be long term,i seriously can't what one day would do.I guess for the simpletons they would give themselves as much game currency as possible and ALL of the best items in game but then what's the point of playing anymore?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Wizardry said:
    So you mean dev powers over the game not just OUR characters.
    Well i can't stand watching devs butcher their own games so if i had the power i would lock them out of their own games.

One day is not nearly enough to do something with a game or my character that would excite me or have any meaning.So i guess i am saying one day is not enough for me.

The only changes i would ever want from the actual games i play would be long term,i seriously can't what one day would do.I guess for the simpletons they would give themselves as much game currency as possible and ALL of the best items in game but then what's the point of playing anymore?
    Edited my post, dev powers with game... with current architecture/limits.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited April 2021
    I'd go back to April 1st.

And put in Mimic crates and other breakables into the hardcore server, so anytime a player broke something, it would have a chance to become a mimic.

With the system being based on size, so the bigger the item, the larger, more powerful the mimic.

and then laugh my ass off at the endless stream of deaths.
    TwistedSister77[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited April 2021
    One deviously, and potentially fun, thing I would do...

Spawn multiple Raid Bosses and World Bosses in hub cities... and...

turn on PvP (not tell anyone)... so if you don't group up, or are smart, you get friendly fire damage and deaths.

The chaos would be great... but I would allow for great loot drops :)
    UngoodPo_gg
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'd make all enemies explode on death. Some explode into confetti and do nothing. Others deal massive damage. The chaos!
    TwistedSister77
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Dev administration or GM administration ?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'd create a bunch of bogus world firsts and do them... and then ignore all the PMs :)
    Ungood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Id instakill everyone and watch the reaction of streamers
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2021
    Always the combat, people...

With LotRO as an example, my first hour or so would be just flying around, taking aerial shots of the world.

Then I'd build staircases to skybox (Led Zeppelin-style :) ), thus players could see the view themselves. That's actually a stolen idea, a dev did that once for us above Frostblusff and Rivendell...
    Except I'd make them more into a jumping puzzle version, with branching paths, etc.
    Fall damage off, naturally, since I ain't cruel. And at the top, besides the awesome view, a random piece of cosmetic.
    Isengard or Minas Tirith would be great to see from above. Maybe a bridge too over the icy lake in Forochel, fall damage is off but not the cold damage - if one falls down, good luck with swimming out :)

I'd maybe switch on the horse session play too, since a lot of players have missed that and it's great fun.

At the end, yep, no matter how weird it is to me, apparently it's a fan favourite, so... as Twisted said I'd spawn a bunch of balrogs around and within Bree. I admit the last time it happened, was crazy fun, even just to spectate the chaos.

Speaking of Twisted's post, he also mentioned pvp: I'd switch off pvp in Ettenmoors. [evil laugh]
    With adding a bunch of Hobnanigans fields in the middle of the zone, freeps and creeps could have a "christmas truce"-esque friendly gathering and chicken hockey games.
    Wargs disqualified when they eat the ball (chicken).
    UngoodTwistedSister77
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The OP said "over your characters", not "over the world"...

I'd put back the WotLK talent trees and skills in actual WoW, and I'd give Invincible to my DK since it doesn't seem to want to drop from its previous owner ;)

If my powers would extend beyond my own characters, I'd turn random innocent "critters" into max level bosses... e.g. a cow in Elwyn Forest with the powers of the Lich King, wouldn't that be fun ? ;)

In Black Desert, It'd remove any gender restrictions on classes, and make everything available in the game through reasonable means instead of the forced cash shop. That would actually most likely make me return to that game.

Or... with full dev powers... I'd turn Ultima Online in a full 3D game. That would require more than one day though.
    Hey, take your time, seems a "world" can be built in 6 days, has been done before.

;)
    [Deleted User]TwistedSister77

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited April 2021
    I would love to take control of world boss or raid boss that everyone knows the mechanics for, and farms, juice it up a bit... and MANUALLY control it... spawning all around the world to give people a shot at me.

Better yet... I would specifically pick Age of Conan, and spawn Conan himself.  (He only sits on the throne in the game).

Similar characters in other MMORPGs.

Be like a true GM... but in spanking mode.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Spawn about 10 Elite Hydra of each faction color into WvW and send them on a rampage dealing siege damage with their attacks as well.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Put in unhatched mobs that will spawn later when the dev powers run out. That way the "fun" can continue long after.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.