Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corsair K70 RGB TKL Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageCorsair K70 RGB TKL Review | MMORPG.com

The Corsair K70 is back! It's just smaller this time around and has a suite of improvements. We've taken it for a spin and are ready to tell you what we think! Find out what's improved in our review of the Corsair K70 RGB TKL!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Corsair makes a greatr keyboard. This look good but the price seems a tab high, maybe the "chip" is worth it..
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,441
    Corsair sells their stuff quite expensive for what it is.  I got a k55 on sale though I would like to try the k95 but damn 230$cdn is a bit much lol, just wish is had more RGB options, it's a 3 zone one instead of per key.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 87
    My only problem with corsair keyboards is the Keys are made with a weak plastic and I hsve broken multiple keys before.  Other than that, amazing keyboards. 
  • NicoleCNicoleC Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I'd much rather remove/relocate the scroll lock, etc. key bank and arrow keys than lose my num pad. I use it all the time. I'll stick with my "vintage" K70.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,249
    I came looking for PBT double-shot caps and I found them. Nice! PBT caps are a deal breaker for me now. I won't go back to ABS at all.

Cherry switches work for me. I've come to prefer Kailh box switches (browns in particular), but I'd still buy a board with Cherry switches.

I've been looking at some keyboards.... HexGears Gemini Dusk, Logitech G915 wireless, a couple on Kono, and even considering ErgoDox. My big problem being I bought a HexGears Impulse (104, Kailh box browns, PBT doubleshot pudding caps) and it is holding up like a freaking champ. I've never had a keyboard last this long. I'm devastatingly brutal on them. I want to buy a new keyboard (because I have a problem lol), but I can't justify it.

Back to the K70. I've had a Corsair keyboard, and loved it despite it having ABS switches. The Corsair iCue configuration software is pretty good and powerful. Not all are as easy to use or as powerful. While I'd probably want a full 104 deck because I like it for work, I wouldn't kick a TKL to the curb and would adjust.

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 616

ILLISET said:

My only problem with corsair keyboards is the Keys are made with a weak plastic and I hsve broken multiple keys before.  Other than that, amazing keyboards. 

Totally not an issue here :-) Corsair moved to thick doubleshot PBT. The keycaps are much, much better now.
    SplattrTorval
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited April 9
    I'm using Steelseries Apex Pro and i would never ever go back to Cherry lol switches. Hall Effect ROCKS!!! Only problem was keycaps of mediocre quality. I replaced them with HyperX Pudding Keycaps. Now this keyboard blows other out of the water.
    While Cherry switches aren't my favorite I like them much more than Steelseries. I had a Steelseries keyboard and I feel like the construction quality didn't measure up. I've also owned a Corsair and Coolermaster MKP (still do) and they just felt like much sturdier boards by comparison.

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Torval said:
    While Cherry switches aren't my favorite I like them much more than Steelseries. I had a Steelseries keyboard and I feel like the construction quality didn't measure up. I've also owned a Corsair and Coolermaster MKP (still do) and they just felt like much sturdier boards by comparison.
    Only Apex Pro has hall effect.
    tremmor said:
    Torval said:
    Only Apex Pro has hall effect.

It isn't really a selling point to me. I don't need to adjust the weight of my switch activation. I just buy switches that fit my preference. There are an entire range of pre-weighted switches to choose from. Also, I am skeptical how well that durability will last over time.

If I'm spending $200+ on a keyboard, hot-swap switches, open firmware, and PBT caps are imporant. The Apex Pro board has ABS caps which is inexcusable for their asking price. That just doesn't do it for me. If that's good for you then fine, but my experience with Steelseries products left me disappointed.