Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 2 Patch Brings Changes to Vex Thal, TLE | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageEverQuest 2 Patch Brings Changes to Vex Thal, TLE | MMORPG.com

A new patch for EverQuest 2 has released alongside the server maintenance which took place on Tuesday morning. The patch notes indicate some changes to Vax Thal in addition to TLE. Here's what you can expect in the latest update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 114
    It's a shame that itemization completely killed this game. Well, other things killed it for other people I'm sure. But the laziest job of copy pasting from a spreadsheet that I have ever seen in a game and that resulted in the current itemization for the game is making this game unbearable to play.
    I kid you not when I say it probably took at MAX one afternoon to get the itemization part of the game done (not talking about graphics, solely talking about gear stats).
    That's a shame. I think Eq2 is probably the game with the most content to play, but poor itemization combined with all the loops you have to go through to keep your character at a level that is meaningful to experience all the content just make it not worth of a sub anymore.
    Ir1shguy
  • Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,311
    This osunds odd, but for some reason I dreamed that EQ2 got a graphical upgade to ue4 and it became one of the hottest games ...
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 7,822
    edited April 8
    I am not exactly sure how many people they have working on the Everquest II team but according to this article

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-05-everquest-is-bigger-than-everquest-2

As noted by MassivelyOP, during the year to 30th September 2020, EverQuest made $11.5m in revenue, whereas EverQuest 2 made $6.5m. EverQuest has 66,000 subscribers and 82,000 monthly active players, whereas EverQuest 2 has 21,000 subscribers and 29,000 monthly active players.

So the number of people playing as F2P is about 8,000 and the number paying and contributing to the game is around 21,000 but many are paying for their subscriptions using in-game currency Krono that allows them to pay for the subscription.

I don't think at this point taking into account that they release these expansions quite regularly that they have a large team working on them. I am not excusing the sloppy work at all but I must say I'm grateful from the perspective of a player that has recently come back to the game; that the game is running at all.

It has an insane amount of content that you can go through. The quests are well written and the English is good in them. I am sorry to say over the years of my playing many MMORPGs that some have poorly and badly written quests that do not even bother to tell a story. Here the story is interesting enough for me to read through and enjoy playing. Gems like Nektropos castle is still there to explore and be scared in and marvel at the mad man that created this complex dungeon.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nektropos_Castle
    Just reading through that dungeon wiki should give you an idea of how rich in lore this game is.

I did not have some of the expansions and after buying the latest expansion and getting access to them I was pleasantly surprised that they had some good areas to explore. I am not saying this is of any comfort to an old player who has been only playing the new releases. I just think that the game still has many good things going for it.

The classes are very well done and are quite unique and the skills are well designed albeit many people say has been somewhat diminished over the years due to pruning of the skills. However enough remains that they are complex enough. Their Beastlord class which I am currently trying out is a wonderful example of this.

The game is very sparsely populated even on the Hall of Fates server which is considered to have more people playing on it but I see players around but not that many and sometimes I am the only person in the zone. I have a pet and I take a mercenary when I am doing heroic dungeons and the content can be challenging and I appreciate the chance to go through all the stories and the lore I must say is rich in the game.

The crafting is another aspect  in which the complexity has been diminished to allow for the independent crafting. Before you could not craft without certain crafting components from other crafting classes. I had many crafters to overcome this. The part where you push the counters to counteract the events are still there and the crafting is not one button and tada you item pops out as is in some other games.

All in all I am thoroughly enjoying the game and although I am going through the experience alone the guild chat is there to keep me company which is not exactly what an MMORPG is about but I am content because the lore and stories are good enough to keep me occupied.

I don't want this game to die and I hope it continues for some time. It is a pity so few play it but it seems enough to keep the game running.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    mmoloublueturtle13Theocritus
    Chamber of Chains
    Two days in a row maintenance and today it is down for 6 and half hours. I want my fix!!
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 8,173
    "The classes are very well done and are quite unique and the skills are well designed albeit many people say has been somewhat diminished over the years due to pruning of the skills. However enough remains that they are complex enough. Their Beastlord class which I am currently trying out is a wonderful example of this."

The difference between EQ and EQ2 was the classes....EQ had many unique classes with skills that others in the game needed....EQ2 I never felt that way.....The classes all felt kind of cookie cutter to me....Every time I try to go back and give it a go I last about 3 days then get bored of it.....
    edited April 8
    "The classes are very well done and are quite unique and the skills are well designed albeit many people say has been somewhat diminished over the years due to pruning of the skills. However enough remains that they are complex enough. Their Beastlord class which I am currently trying out is a wonderful example of this."

The difference between EQ and EQ2 was the classes....EQ had many unique classes with skills that others in the game needed....EQ2 I never felt that way.....The classes all felt kind of cookie cutter to me....Every time I try to go back and give it a go I last about 3 days then get bored of it.....
    I think you need to get past level 20 because in the past the game had the base classes then you moved at level 20 to the actual final iteration of the class for it to show what it can do and its signature skills. This part may not have changed as even though you can pick the class from character creation the lower levels are generic to the type of major class like Mages, Fighter, Scouts and Priests. This could be the reason you felt that way.

I however found as you go higher there is a lot of ways your class defers from others of the same type of major class. The Beastlord does not even get their signature bar and ability to use reactions from the warder pets picking out weaknesses of mobs until level 18. So I feel you didn't give the game a chance. 

Also from the major classes it was divided again like if you take fighter it was divided into Warrior, Brawler and Crusader and then at level 20 you finally get to pick from Brawler for instance to Bruiser or Monk.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Fighter

So each of the major categories had these sub categories before your final class is chosen so I am not surprised you found them generic in the beginning.

EQ2 Class Icons

Chamber of Chains