Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic's Beta Level Cap Is Now Increased To 70, Opening Up H

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic's Beta Level Cap Is Now Increased To 70, Opening Up Heroic Dungeons For Testing | MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic's beta is ongoing and players can now start to level their toons up to 70, opening up even more content to test before the expansion launches fully later this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SkrzatSkrzat Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Testing something that is up and running for over a decade...
  • ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120

Skrzat said:

Except it hasn't been. The code had to be almost entirely redone for Classic and TBC Classic.
    xpsync
  • NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88

Skrzat said:

Activision had to reverse engineering most of the code in order to bring this "classic" feeling. Nowadays WoW (structure code wise) literally has nothing to do with Classic.
    xpsyncILLISET
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I've zero interest in BCC so i'm having trouble gauging the popularity here, all in all i'm getting mixed feedback in that Classic nearly destroyed retail when it launched, where now we had a bunch of peeps run off to the new shiny to do what the fuck ever, and all of them are back, guild is packed every night, and not much talk as there was initially about BCC prior to them running off for whatever carrot blizz threw at them.

It doesn't seem to be the hotness classic was, partly i wonder if that BC, and Wrath were the i want it the fuck now generation of players, where classic was mainly mmorpg players, i dunno, now blizz is throwing retail players a bone with some 9.1 heads up where they have never done that before, EVER.

They have the numbers so they know the writing on the wall, and most likely they were hoping most players would be enamored with BCC while they spend the next 4 months getting 9.1 done for launch in August/September. But /record scratch moment as most players are only interested in more Shadowlands.

Wrath will be close to Classic as that's when the majority of wow players came to the game, first mmorpg love and all that, however the biggest problem with these classic iterations is you can go there today as they haven't changed since they launched over a decade ago.

It's the same only glacier slow and that doesn't sit well with the i want it now generation of players, i mean not being derogatory i'll throw myself in that pool as i'm playing the fuck outta retail, raiding, M+, sure it's hard af content, but it's still rapid pace.

Ummm do i want to go to BC or Wrath righ this fucking minute and do Chromie, or wait and go there and do it glacier slow for no reason whatsoever? Duh hard call, i can go there now why wait to do it painfully slow?

Where Classic was the shit, the bomb, glacier slow was perfectly fine as it fit the world you can NO longer visit anymore, the only way was to go through Classic, had they iterated on that with Classic Plus! but that would have required work so.

They would have been way further ahead in the interest department with a C+, who wants to go play the same fucking zones over again (painfully slow mind you) that they have been revisiting for over decade already, huge Yawn's-ville, i mean i'm rocking raids, M+, which yeah isn't really mmorpg but i'm loving it, and if they were about to release some C+, i know i'd break away form SL to go do that proper, as it would be some new "mmorpg" content.
    ILLISET
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I can tell you play retail because you can't formulate a complete sentence.