Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiplayer Sandbox Game Myth Of Empires Is Holding A Global Alpha Test April 15th | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageMultiplayer Sandbox Game Myth Of Empires Is Holding A Global Alpha Test April 15th | MMORPG.com

Myth of Empires is an in-development multiplayer sandbox game slated to hit early access on Steam. The team announced today that an upcoming global alpha test is being planned for April 15th through April 23rd, inching them closer to that goal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Looks like it could be good.
    AsheramYashaX
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2021
    Looks interesting. 
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Pvp is not nearly enough GAME to hold my interest.
    SO far the ARK/Atlas template has been by far the best.Valheim did some good things but is only a single player game and missing too many features.

This game seems to be missing it all,just a box to pvp within.So each culture/nation will have it's own siege type warfare but it is still a one dimensional game which is pvp.Completely unbalanced because of the zerg factor means pvp will NEVER be good.
    xDjevikTokken

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited April 2021
    At least they have actual gameplay in all their trailers. Says they been working on it for 2 years. Bannerlord is dragging its feet and not really focusing on the multiplayer pvp aspect which is awesome in Warband. The combat looks similar to Warband so thats a major plus for me, loved Tiger Knight Empire Wars.

Seems like Conquorers Blade but with Mount & Blade combat not mmo action combat of CB.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Doesnt seem to have anything to set it apart from other games of the same type
    Id rather play conquerors blade than this tbh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Wizardry said:

Valheim did some good things but is only a single player game and missing too many features.

You must be playing a different Valheim than I am. I play it 100% with a Friend and NEVER Solo.
    One of the best games I have ever played in the last 10 years.
    Also, in case you are not familiar with Early Access Games, missing features are part of what makes a Game early access.
    Iron Gate says that Valheim is about 75% complete, while only about 50% of the planned content is finished.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• sabrefoxxsabrefoxx Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Funcom was a western company but got acquired by China. Funcom owns Conan Exiles. Conan Exiles runs on UE4, MoE runs on UE4. MoE likely ripped the code from Conan Exiles to make this newer, bigger, game. Conclusion: If you liked Conan Exiles you may like the eastern version of it on steriods.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2021
    You people are ridiculous,you play Valheim with a friend is still basically a solo game,you are are knit picking just to be argumentive.
    How about his,it is NOT an actual mmo or an actual multiplayer game and does not run a multiplyaer server.Individuals can setup one and share the seed but that doesn't make it a true MP game with official servers.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when Timukes says its NOT solo >>>>>but can be played solo...lmao.THINK before you comment.How about his knit pickers,it is DESIGNED to play solo and there is no official game servers.

@above poster,yes it is quite possible,hacking/stealing happens more often than you think.A certain YouTuber I watch a lot "Sid Alpha"who basically runs his channel based on corrupt developers has come across this several times.

Back@Avanah Unless you been playing different early access games than the rest of us,they almost never amount to anything after the initial cash grab.This game game as i mentioned before was actually released 2 1/2 years ago to some YouTubers/promoters/influencers to help promote the game.One such YouTuber i watch a lot turned them down,how often does that happen?So in the last 2 1/2 years the obvious ommissions liek an actual "water zone" are still missing.Atlas has water zones and was an EA game is less than 2 years,again an example.

This thread wasn't about Valheim anyway,i merely used Valheim as an EXAMPLE to point out there are SOME cases of a decent EA game.However EA games are in reality a SCAM,you are selling your product "as is"knowing it is not complete.The price of course varies from game to game,some can argue that Valheim was a decent price tag,i agree.However some releases "EXAMPLE"SOT was an atrocious scam selling at $80 and not even close to being a complete game.

The bottom line is that if you really look at the zones presented in this video they look very linear.They also are presenting a surface view with no supporting content and no look inside of structures leading me to believe they are 2D structures for the most part.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    aivarioha said:
    You guys are so incompetent. It's April 16th, not 15th.
    It varies by time zone.
    edited April 2021

aivarioha said:
    You guys are so incompetent. It's April 16th, not 15th.
    Why are they incompetent when they posted the exact same thing the steam page did?
    edited April 2021

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited April 2021
    Looks pretty cool:

Asheram