Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo II: Resurrected's Technical Alpha Begins This Weekend With A Single-Player Test | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo II: Resurrected's Technical Alpha Begins This Weekend With A Single-Player Test | MMORPG.com

For those who have been waiting to get their hands on Diablo II: Resurrected, this weekend might be your chance if you're able to get into the technical alpha. This test run, starting on Friday, April 9th, will see Blizzard test out the single-player version of the remastered ARPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Mars_OMG said:

dang, that looks 50million times squared better then diablo 3. Is it just me noticing a new direction of Blizzard in leaving behind the cartoon fluff ?

i don't think we played the same games there ^^
    Sandmanjw[Deleted User]ZenJellyUtinni

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    This isn't a test. It is an advertisement weekend. A couple classes have to grind to 30 (A single pass full clear on /p8 will net you 28 tops)
    Gdemami
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    A bunch of grumps lol.  Of course it's a test. 

If they add personal loot or /players 8 for ladder it's an instant buy.  Well that or full mod support for non ladder.  I'm solidly in the #somechanges crowd after experiencing the game and the great expac when they launched
    Temp0ZenJellyQQMorePlease
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    No /players 8 in singleplayer, no purchase. Simple as that.
    ZenJelly
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    I am playing D2 again to get in the mood..still rocks!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Gorwe said:
    No /players 8 in singleplayer, no purchase. Simple as that.
    well it will work offline just not on ladder as it never has.  But it really does need to be added if they dont allow games to be created with personal loot 
    ZenJellyGorwe
  • iicecubeiicecube Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Nice in 2021, we are backward doing the same thing again. Love it
    enesisxlr8GdemamiZenJellyAgent_Joseph
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    iicecube said:
    Its all that blizzard knows how to do, other then cash shop sales
    GdemamiZenJelly
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I know it's 100% par-for-the-course for Blizz to mismanage these things these days, but I have a lot of faith in Vicarious visions. I've played Spyro, Tony Hawk, Crash, and CTR and they are all stellar remakes.
    Gdemami
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I know it's 100% par-for-the-course for Blizz to mismanage these things these days, but I have a lot of faith in Vicarious visions. I've played Spyro, Tony Hawk, Crash, and CTR and they are all stellar remakes.
    I fully expected it to be amazing, but this couple day thing doesn't even make sense for a tech Alpha unless it is purely to advertise via streamers.  Mind you I play D2 now, but Act1-Act2 is minimal at best and unless NM is unlocked it is going to be tough to really test unless they also are just going on the whole does it feel right and I'll be honest, unless your currently playing D2, you aren't going to know if it feels right.
    Gdemami
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 302
    I have waited so long for the remaster. I have great hopes. I am excited to see what patch they start the ladder at.
    iicecube said:

I'd rather replay a good ol game in flashy new graphics than risk with new ideas. Sorry, but new ideas have disappointed me repeatedly.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2021
    Meanwhile in Diablo 3 land... Blizzard just had to hotfix an item that was causing anyone the uses it to disconnect randomly and frequently.

Another item is causing horrible lag with the FOTD build, the new and improved Firebird set, but no fix in sight for that one. This one affected me.

And some people have needed to resort to a drastic workaround of replacing a game sound file with an edited version of it that disables all game sound as the only guaranteed way for them to not have frequent game freezes that can last for up to 10 seconds before it resumes... deadly in HC mode. Luckily I haven't needed to do that one.

That last Fmod.DLL problem has been going on for a full year.

Be scared of D2 Resurrected. Be very scared :)

AAA my ass. 
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited April 2021
    Iselin said:
    Meanwhile in Diablo 3 land... Blizzard just had to hotfix an item that was causing anyone the uses it to disconnect randomly and frequently.

Another item is causing horrible lag with the FOTD build, the new and improved Firebird set, but no fix in sight for that one. This one affected me.

And some people have needed to resort to a drastic workaround of replacing a game sound file with an edited version of it that disables all game sound as the only guaranteed way for them to not have frequent game freezes that can last for up to 10 seconds before it resumes... deadly in HC mode. Luckily I haven't needed to do that one.

AAA my ass. 

But why? D3 is Blizz, D2:Remaster is Vicarious Visions. And VV has a good track record. Ofc, it's healthy to have a dose of skepticism. Just don't get consumed by paranoia.
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

But why? D3 is Blizz, D2:Remaster is Vicarious Visions. And VV has a good track record. Ofc, it's healthy to have a dose of skepticism. Just don't get consumed by paranoia.
    So you're putting faith in another studio owned by Activision for 16 years and merged into Blizzard earlier this year? OK then, glass half-full guy :)
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Iselin said:

Gorwe said:

Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

So you're putting faith in another studio owned by Activision for 16 years and merged into Blizzard earlier this year? OK then, glass half-full guy :)

As long as that studio is working independently and has a good track record why shouldn't he have some faith in them?
    GorweFrodoFragins
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

I'm trying to stay fact based rather than falling to base emotions. And being apprehensive of a new thing is perfectly fine, otherwise we'd do crazy things(that's why "Space Marines who know NO F.E.A.R!" makes absolutely zero sense).

But if taking a fact based approach, there's almost no reason to be afraid. Again, have some apprehension, it's healthy.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Am I the only one who remembers?

Warcraft 3: Refunded

Among all the other crap that this company has pulled...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Nilden said:

I can't tell if you don't know what happened with WC3:R or you haven't researched anything about D2:R. Both?
    Nilden said:

That was done in house with tons of art outsourced to east Asia.  That classic team got themselves fired and vicarious Visions has been handed the reigns to classic.  VV's remasters have all been received quite well.

VV is also keeping the underlying (logic) code and converting it to 3D with a renderer.  No one is telling you to buy it, but comparing it with WC3:Refunded makes you sound uneducated on the matter.
    Utinni[Deleted User]Gorwe
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Utinni said:

Nilden said:

I can't tell if you don't know what happened with WC3:R or you haven't researched anything about D2:R. Both?
    https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/

Also the most downvoted game ever on metacritic.

They dropped the ball. It was horrible. Blizzard released this. 

It's such an utter disrespect of the game and the fans. So much so that if I pirate an older version it works better and has more features.

Don't worry I'm sure a lot of people are looking the other way for the D2:R hype train. I love Diablo 2 as well. The Blizzard that made D2 is long gone. Instead you got Bobby Kotick raking in millions while they fire people in record years of profit.

Hey D2:R a 20 year old remaster from the guys that did Spyro and it was good and this looks great.

Can't wait to fork over 40 bucks to the company that...

Don't you have phones? You think you do but you don't. Blitzchung. etc etc...

Yeah I did my research. I used to buy every Blizzard game day one and spent hundreds of hours playing these games. 

You will have to excuse me if I am skeptical and unwilling to support them. Even if D2:R turns out to be amazing I still can't support a company that did what it did to WC:3. Among other things.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Another coin in the bucket that all millenial devs can do is rehash.

*coughs*
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I hope they don't open this for modding. Far too many unicorn gamers as it is.
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

Because they aren't the same teams. You don't have to put faith in anything. I sure don't. Their results speak for the quality of their work potential. Tony Hawk fans have been very pleased at the recent remake. I don't need to be optimistic or pessimistic because I haven't given them any money. If it's at least decent enough I'll buy it. If not then I'll pass. For me, it's really that simple.
    I hope you're right for the sake of those looking forward to this. I'm just salty because they have broken D3 with all kinds of weird performance glitches over the past year. It was fine before that.

Those damn unsupervised interns!

:)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• shipcommandershipcommander Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Probably one of the few games that can keep me interested and busy.
    Sovrath